Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

HUD Mode

The app needs a HUD mode option.
Waze is by far the best navigation app around at the moment but is missing a HUD mode to make it safer to use on the road.

1,864 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Hatton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Kolyo Bratanov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make HUD mode an integral part of the app - who other to do it properly than you guys? You can even afford to consider a completely optimised color scheme and layout rather than just introduce screen image mirrorring, just because you CAN do it best for Waze and us - the user base. This should boost the appeal of the app to even more users and provide some much-needed versatility. Make it a paid option if you have to, just DO it! :)

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new to WAZE. Great features. But if no HUD it is convoluted and of no use to me. Bye.

• Colin Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To get around the problem with crowd reporting, integrate voice recognition. This could be an example script;
    Okay Waze, Report.
    —-Okay, what would you like to —-report?
    Vehicle stopped on shoulder
    —-Vehicle stopped on shoulder?
    Yes
    —-Reported, Thank you!

• Colin Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s so simple. Doesn’t need to be all fancy. Just Digital speed, local speed limit, alerts ahead with a simple pictogramand if you are navigating just show the path needed... I can draw you a concept if you like?

• pvisscherNL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for a HUD mode. Would make driving a lot more safe.
    Now that more and more cars are getting HUD’s I think it would be a good time to make it available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze Really needs the HUD mode option. All they have to do is flip and invert the display. If they just inverted it there are apps that will flip the screen. People have been asking for it for years and you can now get the HUD holder for $ 5 at 5Below. Not sure why it is taking so long to incorporate this much needed feature that would make safety improve. It is a great bang for the buck issue. Waze is great but would be better if they programed the display to to HUD mode.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a HUD option to invert the image. Please please please. I don’t like using other maps when I need to use the HUD option.

• Nikolaos Beratlis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What do you mean by HUD mode? A simple mirroring of the existing app or mirroring plus changing the way the information is displayed?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without A HUD option, I just cannot chance using Waze any longer. I'm just sorry I paid for the premium version of a developer who isn't listening to their customers. Lesson learned.

• Richard Klop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on isn't it about time that you make this HUD compliant, so we can use this while driving safely

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base