Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Mute navigation during phone call.

When making or taking phone calls using bluetooth, waze navigation prompts often interrupt me. The person on the other end of the line can't hear the prompt, but it means either I miss what they're saying, or my train of thought is interrupted mid-sentence.

It would be useful for the client to auto-mute during a phone call.

4,198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    partycatpartycat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, would be nice to be able to have the option to mute it during phone calls. Even during handset calls on iOS it does it

I think muting would be good but also an option to automatically reduce the volume when on the phone so you can still hear the navigation

• MikeTheWazerMikeTheWazer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general the user should be able to use navigation and switch off voice prompts similar to Google Maps Navigation.

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge problem. I would suggest though that there be an option for 'In-call Volume' which you could set to mute or a particular volume level.

• AlexgiambyAlexgiamby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Galaxy Tab GP1000 Gingerbread and I use it with a bluetooth headset. In settings/sound I've checked "always use speakers" in the option but the system doesn't work good: voce comes out both italian or english and often interrupted. Maybe is a problem due to my Tab and I'll verify using my wife's new S-II Advance. I'll post here the result. Thanks.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be helpful! Mute during call is badly needed!

• bedobedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has to be optional indeed. A check in the user option: "Mute during phone call"

I would rather hear directions. I can always ask the person to repeat buy I can't make that turn if I miss it. Option would be nice but not mute on auto. Tks

• João RodriguesJoão Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For sure it should be optional for those who prioritize navigation, but we must at least have the option!!! One can get really confused when getting an important phone call that needs to be answered promptly!

Definitely option settings, "Waze Volume during Call" 0->10
        Beep at turns when Waze Muted On/Off

• not device's person not device's person commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO.

should be OPTION

I prefer waze interrupt call when in unfamiliar area

miui.us rom provides better audio pathways: waze can speak directly into phone conversation instead of speaker phone (more preferential)

similarly the Jingle Audio Blurb feature

http://tinyurl.com/wazeblurbsafely

should optionally interrupt calls with alert/report categories selected by user preference (global, group, friends)

• I GlympseI Glympse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should be an option and NOT the default. I prefer Waze voice IN conversation so I don't fly past my exit while killing time in conversation, or even in a business call.

For the latter there should be an option to play three or more "bongs" or clean tones (no white noise as with "music" ringtones) as Google's resource-sucking navigation [background "service"] app can do when sdcard is corrupted
        (because SD association foolishly continues to mandate fat32 instead of defaulting/allowing EXT2 - EXT4 or newer.

https://www.sdcard.org/

relying on binary mysticism instead of publishing formatting parameters for command line

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Yes, many leveling algorithms CURRENTLY geared for FAT32 but it would be mind numbingly simple to add both UDF- and EXT capacity to support reformatting/repartitioning ... or support for various file systems / volumes.

Take a moment to request support for at least both UDF- and EXT

https://www.sdcard.org/about_sda/contact_us

EXT with journaling
        https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/

UDF 1.50, plain volume, cross platform ubiquitous
        http://www.osta.org/specs/

that this is a reasonable request is demonstrated by SD alliance addition of exFAT)

• Heart_CrafterHeart_Crafter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

here's another idea...

(save current ringtone settings)
        Override default ringtone (or mute it)

Calculate the 'distance to road change' and 'wazer speed' to get approx time wazer have for call.
        Let Waze tell wazer that someone is calling... and X mins remaining before next turn.

if current distance of travel in the same road is more than 5 miles or 5 min.
        Give an option to pick the call. or differ with text
        Or else
        Give an option to Mute Waze and pick the call or differ the call with text message (with editable message) or decline

(revert ringtone settings on exit)
        :D

• StuartStuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be an option, not mandatory. Sometimes I get a call during critical navigation and I would still want the nav voice to override the call.

Feedback and Knowledge Base