Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Mute navigation during phone call.

When making or taking phone calls using bluetooth, waze navigation prompts often interrupt me. The person on the other end of the line can't hear the prompt, but it means either I miss what they're saying, or my train of thought is interrupted mid-sentence.

It would be useful for the client to auto-mute during a phone call.

4,139 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    partycatpartycat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Parrot bluetooth car kit that during phone calls cuts the feed from the car's hifi to the speakers and has a built in amp to power those speakers for the phone call audio.

Yes if I am on a phone call, Waze comes through the bluetooth and out loudly of the car speakers, interrupting my phone call, so that does need addressing.

However, when I'm not on a phonecall, the Waze audio just comes out of the phone's built in speaker which is pathetic and you can't hear it while driving. Since it is clearly possible (from above example) to get the Waze audio to use the bluetooth car kit, can we have an option for all the Waze audio to be directed over the bluetooth even when there is no phone call?

• wubinatorwubinator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using the default (stringed) headset that came with my Galaxy S2. With me the user on the otherhand CAN hear everything waze vocalizes. Ofcourse I can mute the navigation voices by hand but waze will still vocalize any speedcam I'm driving by. This is VERY annoyiing.

• Kathy CunninghamKathy Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comment from Craig... allow the volume of Waze during a phone call to be set to low. This way you are still aware that Waze is trying to alert you to upcoming navigation, but it is quiet enough that you can still hear the person you are talking to. I don't usually make phone calls in the car, so when I do, these tend to be calls where it is critical that I can hear the other person; e.g. when navigating to meet up with someone or an emergency call comes in.

• Howard KaplanHoward Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along these lines of muting during a phone call, I would like Waze to not mute my audio during a voice prompt. Other programs turn the volume down of the audio playing (radio or iPod) during a prompt. It is annoying to be listening to a radio broadcast and have and have Waze cut off the radio just when it was something one wants to hear. Also, Waze is way to verbose repeating the next instruction too many times. Perhaps a less verbose option is in order

• adware is eviladware is evil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer waze talking during calls... so I don't miss an exit or a turn.

offer an option to play a user provided tone during call instead of speaking

• CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestions when I using the phone and navigation at the same time:
        Any of these would be helpful. Now, the volume is so LOUD you can't hear the phone call.
        a) Change the voice to a low beep when on the phone.
        b) Still keep the directions coming, but turn the volume down to a reasonable level so you can also hear the person your talking to.
        c) Setting that can mute completely when on the phone.

I've found that I don't use Navigation as much because of this.

• Trip_675Trip_675 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, with option to control volume. I would appreciate a tone for an upcoming turn or being able to set a volume level for navigation and a list of the items notified about during a call. Like the "show on map" function - "Show on phonecall" checkbox on left to show and checkbox on right to talk instead of tone with alert tone as the default for each item.

• Bryan SalekBryan Salek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please! I've voted for a few others, but this is the #1 thing I would like addressed in Waze

• alqamistalqamist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all other navigation programs I tried, disable voice prompts when the phone is active.

Even when playing music several give you the option to either reduce the volume or stop the playback during prompts

• TzlTzl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support your idea. I just reported this issue via email and had been pointed to this forum. I'd Love to get an option for automute when in a call.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base