Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Carpool and Hov lane as routing condition

485 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add option to “avoid HOV.” I have a daily stretch where I’m on a freeway for an hour and waze tells me to get in and out of an HOV Lane 10 times! It’s become so irritating, I no longer use Waze.

• Alan Krupa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is exactly what we need. I drive a CNG truck in CA. This allows me single in the HOV lane at all times. I also am using the Waze Carpool app, I think it should direct me to HOV when I pick up my rider each day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a field to identify whether or not the car can take the carpool HOV lane's. It is useless to be routed via HOV when you aren't a carpool

• Jim Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature to identify whether you're a single occupancy, or have 1, 2, or 3+ passengers.

مواجه میشود Snap or Tap30 برنامه با عدم ناوبری یاتوقف،

• Vikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. This needs to be implemented. I can't believe it hasn't been already.

Sheesh...it is super irritating to get sent to a jammed highway and then told to get in HOV lane when I'm single occupancy. Fail!

• Drivey McDriveington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waze default HOV routing is a huge drawback n L.A. and recently c
        ost me a carpool violation ticket. Granted, I should have known better because I'm a local but I was distracted and followed the app's directions to enter the 110 FWY South via a carpool only ramp. PLEASE GIVE US A NO HOV OPTION! I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO STOP USING WAZE!

The user should simply check a box for "carpool/HOV eligibile". Some areas have dedicated roads separated from the main highway (Houston apparently), others have designated lanes (San Francisco, for example). The former can't drive on the chosen route (similar to "avoid toll roads"), and the latter will get unrealistic drive times. Waze could be able to deal with either situation off of one setting.

I drive in Houston. I have stopped using Waze because it always directs me to the HOV lanes! I drive alone. Please make an HOV option in settings.

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs an HOV on/off button. We carpool and use the HOV lanes. Waze could make better calculations if this was accounted for.

I'm in Houston and can't use the HOV lane. Waze keeps trying to route me onto the HOV. It's making the app almost unusable. If it's not addressed soon, I will probably switch to another app. It's a shame, I love waze otherwise.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Prior to every drive, ask if driver has access to HOV/Carpool lanes or if driver plans to use pay HOV lanes. Question only shows up if drive may include HOV/Carpool lanes during active hours. Calculate routes based on answer. Use answer for HOV question to collect speed data for HOV lanes vs normal lanes.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base