Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Add friends without facebook

Why am I forced to use facebook in order to add friends to Waze?? I don't use facebook, 75% of the world's population does not use facebook at all (and more with every day). Is keeping fb afloat Waze's most important purpose?
Anyway, I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.

1,222 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not use Facebook anymore and never will again. I do really like Waze and will continue to use this app. I think it is a huge oversight on the developers side for limiting their users to Facebook friends only. More and more people are not using Facebook.

• gwbasic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not use Facebook; it’s privacy-violating and invades life way too much. I wish to be able to use Waze’s functions within a narrow circle of people without being bound to data kraken services (this incidentally includes Google contacts). Please also do consider people who *cannot* use Facebook, for one reason or the other.

Friends without Facebook was a feature for the longest time; there was absolutely no reason to remove it. Please restore it.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to connect Waze to Facebook. We have seen enough examples of Facebook misusing data to know this is a bad idea. I should be able to selectively connect with individuals through either phone number or google accounts. Please bring this feature back.

Hi waze team, you're with Google, not with FB. I'll use "here" now, so do my wife and some friends.

If you will not change it back, we're finally away. It is a shame....

• Koreen Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I formerly had this option, but no longer?? The person I send my routes to most often, and vice versa, is not on Facebook. This makes me less likely to use the app.

• Juergen Vollmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.
    Certainly NOT after Cambridge Analytica !!!

• Juergen Vollmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want facebook friends on Waze, I want Waze friends on Waze and facebook friends on facebook, don't try to mix a driving app with a social network.
    And certainly not after Cambridge Analytica!!!

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base