Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Speed bumps warnings

I would like to suggest that WME could allow users to edit the map to indicate speed bumps warning to work like radars. This should be useful since in Brazil several speed bumps are not clearly marked or painted. There have been described too many occasions that we have been caught unexpectedly by an unmarked/unpainted speed bump during the night. This can be a life safer by avoiding the potential damage in our cars and, obviously, in our lives.

2,942 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Braz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Giancarlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the community is willing to edit ALL speedbumps in the map, then I'll vote for a YES, otherwise no thanks, it will be a totally useless feature because people will start to rely on a feature that will be available but that serves no purpose and when you hit a speedbump at night at full speed, you will start to curse the app for not reason...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voto a favor de lombadas, porque são extremamente necessarioas, assim como radares, lombadas tambem deve ser sinalizadas!

• linhartr22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also prefer if waze would consider speed bumps when routing. I frequently find waze sending me down a street with lots of speed bumps when the next street over would have been fine and would have avoided all the speed bumps.

• Joao Pedro Bini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Existem muitas, muitas lombadas, e o waze ficaria avisando toda hora...
        que tal um alerta para lombadas nao sinalizadas somente?
        Ai ficariamos enviando alertas sobre elas, e quando tivesse sinalizacao, avisariamos isso tambem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately on Brazilian roads is common practice to distant communities in urban centers try by itself solve speed problems in traffic.
        To this end the overnight deploy a speed bump on the highway.
        Nevertheless we also have the problem even nonexistent signaling the official spines .
        And not need to mention the damage it can cause to go through an artifice of these at speed.
        In addition to the material damage to the vehicle , a huge chance of a major accident.

Feedback and Knowledge Base