Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "apartment" as a category for a Place Point... Lodging doesn't cut it.

Why don't you guys add "apartment" to the category list for WME? Lodging is NOT even close...

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. (Flooding Area) Area sujeita a alagamento

Add to map places where there is flooding possibility. These places should appear on the map as warning if app receive any alert near of 10 km about climate risk or flooding, and if confirmed by user on app, change the routing as already made.
    Support: The flodding areas were reported by some regions like Sao Paulo city(http://noticias.uol.com.br/cotidiano/ultimas-noticias/2013/11/22/sao-paulo-tera-sinalizacao-com-aviso-sobre-locais-de-enchentes-neste-verao.htm) and related on reliable sources like GeoSampa.
    This update was also reported by other users but with other ideas (https://waze.uservoice.com/search?filter=ideas&query=alagamento).

Adicionar ao mapa locais onde há possibilidade de alagamento. Esses locais devem aparecer no mapa como aviso em…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow road closing for low rank editors

Allow lower rank editors (like me) to close roads from within WME. Since Waze doesn't want to allow low ranked editors to close roads (for good reasons), the solution would be to only show the closed roads for the editor and group. If others value my contribution, they can subscribe to my group and get additional road closure updates.

It might also be possible to close a road and have it marked unapproved, awaiting for a higher rank editor. But that unapproved closure would be active for the user and group within the App.

If the closed road gains enough…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android app for Map Editor's

Create a map editor app for map editors.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Testing routes in waze map editor

I would like to test a route, from A to B, in the map editor to check if the optimal route is chosen and find the reason why not. It could be easier to find that waze leads astray which happened to me this summer. Waze tried to lead me against a one way street.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Comments on PURs

It would be nice to have a comment section on a PUR, especially for pictures. It would allow the editors to give a reason why the picture or update is being rejected. So maybe the next time they would try to take a better picture that did not include, faces, license plates, etc. I think this would help the community be more aware of what we as editors can accept. I think being able to tell them the reasons instead of just rejecting it would help more, due to the fact users my be confused or upset that their pictures…

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase Map Editor Feed filter capacity

I would find very useful to have available in the "Feed" of the editor the posibility of filtering, at least, per "Country".

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save life with defibrillator placements on map

Hi
    Waze can save lives with defibrillator placements on map.
    user will update placements with defibrillator that they own or know, and when someone will need it, he will search for it on Waze map and can save lives.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Commercial vehicle option

Hello I am William Jamros a 7 day a week waze user (because of work) but I drive a commercial vehicle I just was wondering if in the soon future you could put A commercial vehicle option for roads such a palisades parkway because I get lost or end up on a road that is illegal for me to be on because of the commercial vehicle :( I believe it would also make the common working man get your app as well! Thank you for your time if you could contact me back sometime soon regarding this that would great!…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As electric vehicles become more popular it would be helpful if Waze showed public charging stations on the map.

With 500k electric vehicles now in the USA it would be very helpful if Waze integrated public charging stations on the map!
    VOTE 3 today!

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cameras include monitoring and penalties !Inclusion Cameras Radar category of monitoring and penalties !

Create one more option in Radar cameras for monitoring and penalties, in Brazil , we already have several cameras in various capitals fining !

Criar mais uma opção em Radares para cameras de monitoramento e multas, no Brasil, já temos varias cameras em várias capitais multando!

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multilingual addresses and POI names

Support POI names and street addresses in multiple languages for a single country.

Some countries out there de facto or de jure have 2+ official languages. So it would be great if map editors could specify language-specific names (not just "alternative" names) and if clients could prioritize names in chosen interface language over other variants.

For example Belarus has 2 official languages: Belarusian and Russian. And I'd prefer to see Belarusian street names while using Belarusian interface, and Russian names - when using the Russian one.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3D Terrain on your maps so as to give a visualisation of the topography of your route.

3D Terrain on your maps so as to give a visualisation of the topography of your route and local area (mountains, lakes, inclines, declines etc)

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Put School Zone Speed Limit

When you edit the speed limit, you can put certain speed limits for certain times and days.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WAZE OFFLINE

Gostaria de saber a possibilidade de o Waze ter a opção de ficar Offline, pois no Brasil, no interior o sinal é muito fraco.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Team up with Pokemon for rare pokemon locations.

Rare pokemon are hard to find, but they are always in set locations for a small period of time, just like a traffic accident. You could easily piggypack the popularity of Pokemon Go and get a ton of people to use your app for finding and reporting rarer pokemon locations.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dubbdäcksförbud

Markera vilka gator som har dubbdäcksförbud (Hornsgatan, fom 1 januari även Kungsgatan och Fleminggatan)

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sugiro mapear favelas... Por questao de segurança....

Sigiro mapeamento de favelas, urgente! Questão de segurança.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tag places with "Green Leaf tag" : restaurants, cafes, gas stations etc where they use eco-friendly biodegradable disposable.

Tag places with "Green Leaf tag" : restaurants, cafes, gas stations etc where they use eco-friendly biodegradable disposable.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base