Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow adding temporary road/lane closures thru online map

When there is a major even such as a parade the only way to indicate road closures is to drive to the area and enter the closure thru the app. When a large area is involved you have to drive to all the areas or depend on others to indicate the road is closed. If we could use the online map editor to mark the roads as temporarily closed it would save a lot of time, gas, and frustration since we could mark all the affected roads at once. This would also be helpful when we see something on the…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Require Place Update Request approvers to confirm deletions & other major changes

Please add an extra layer of confirmation before saving in WME, if approving a PUR would remove a Place, change it from an Area to a Point, or change it from Public to Residential (all actions that delete a lot of data).

A change of the place's primary name should also require an extra layer of confirmation before saving, this is even more common than deletion although less immediately destructive.

Why do I bring this up? A Rank 6 editor, or possibly Waze staff, recently deleted the Area Place for San Francisco International Airport. It had been locked at Rank…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) voice for waze

GAl Gadot voice for waze map navigation

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change icon for items no longer active

Remove the current crossed out red map pin Icon and replace with a Red Thumbs Down Icon to indicate notification is no longer active. There is tremendous confusion for users as to what the symbols/icons mean. Having “thumbs up” for active and “thumbs down” for inactive is intuitive. I’m not sure who came up with the current use but it is not user friendly and confusing.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gostaria que meus locais favoritos sempre estivessem visíveis.

Gostaria que meus locais favoritos sempre estejam visíveis.

Locais de utilidade pública (hospitais, postos de saúde, etc) ficassem visíveis na rota.

Usar o waze para visualizar e contactar estabelecimentos comerciais. classificados por categoria.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. High crime button

Hi
    I use Waze daily both at home and in all the countries I visit and I introduced my family in South Africa to Waze too.
    South Africa, like many countries these days have a high crime rate with hijackings (of cars), hold-ups (holding up drivers at gun point at traffic lights), Smash and grab (smashing car windows and grabbing valuables at traffic lights).
    People (especially tourists) use Waze to navigate unfamiliar places and I have often found myself in an usafe area when following Waze navigation. This was brought home to me on Monday this week when I received…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. התראה על כבישים אדומים וקטעי כבישים המועדים לתאונות

בישראל יש המון כבישים בהם התרחשו הרבה תאונות דרכים מבחינה סטטיסטית. כדי לתכנן את הנסיעה בצורה יעילה ובטוחה בתחילת הדרך הניווט הקולי יתריע על קטע הכביש וגם
    כשלושה קילומטרים לפני הגעה לקטע הכביש המסוכן.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Invert Coordinates in Editor (first Latitude, after Longitude)

In Waze Map Editor the coordinates appear Longitude and Latitude.
    But in my opinion, this is stupid, because all Maps, GPS, Navigators use the opposite, first Latitude and after Longitude.
    I use the coordinates to search something in another map, and I have to reverse the coordinates.

So, I suggest invert the coordinates in Waze Map Editor. Showing first Latitude, after Longitude.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Feature Request - When a photo must be rejected

It would be nice to have a comment window or a multi-choice button list in WME to send to the Wazer who submitted a rejectable photo so that we can tell them why the photo is being rejected:

- This photo shows a person's face
    - This photo is too blurry
    - This photo shows a license plate
    - This photo is not helpful in identifying the place

...and so forth. It would be something more than just "this does not meet our community standards."

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wazers, quando vão incluir GNV na aba combustível, aperfeiçoando o app já que no Brasil e nas grandes capitais o GNV (gás natural veicular)

Wazers, quando vão incluir GNV na aba combustível, aperfeiçoando o app já que no Brasil e nas grandes capitais o GNV (gás natural veicular) é popular?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sperrungen und Fahrzeugauswahl

Hallo,

es wäre sinnvoll Sperrungen bezgl. Dieselfahrverbote mit einzupflegen und natürlich muss die Fahrzeugauswahl erweitert werden, wo eben die Spritklasse eingestellt werden kann. Die App sollte dann in der lage sein die gesperrten Teilabschnitte in der Berechnung zu umfahren und Warnungen auszusprechen, bevor man doch in solch einen Abschnitt einfahren könnte.

Ich wohne in Berlin. Hier wird es aktuell ab kommenden Jahr und in anderen Städten ist das ja leider schon der Fall.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Replace "Police" with "Emergency Vehicle"

Just an idea to protect our police officers Waze should just list emergency vehicles. This would let me the user know I should approach with caution and would protect our police, fire, etc. from any misuse of our information. Thanks! Maybe also create a Rideshare group. :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Comments

Allow permanent comments to be attached to objects (roads, places) i the map editor to pass information to Future Editors to understand why something was done in a certain way, or assumptions made by the editor when a edit is done.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get an editing app for Apple iOS and Android.

Make it so that you can edit Waze on a separate app on iPhone and Android devices.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gas price editor

I do not know if there is a function that allows advertised gas station prices to be edited by the user, but it has happened to me, twice now, that I come to a gas station that is supposed to sell cheap gas, but the price is grossly inaccurate. I would want to see options within the gas station interface where price corrections could be submitted and up/down-voted for their accuracy.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. High risk areas

I am grateful for your free app.
    I have an idea to enhance the maps: people should be able to mark streets as a dangerous place to drive. We should be able to turn down a switch in order to avoid high risk routes.
    Just take it into consideration please.

Kind regards,

Jorge Luis

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show live snow plows on highway and the speed of them

When you have a snowplow on the highway You should be able to see a truck on the map of a snowplow and be able to see the speed that it's going at through there live GPS tracker

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. User warning on risk areas slums, dangerous streets and communities with high assault index

suggest that the waze application, alert the users regarding air Risks in the states of Rio de Janeiro and sao paulo, kind of a highlight in places like slums, poor communities, streets with high rates of robbery and theft. Warn already on the streets giving access entries of the community, street cumidade such access to such high index of theft, trafficking etc.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Placeable reports once youve passed a hazard. Not just where you are right now

Im unable to accurately place a report unless i report it at the precise moment i pass it. Which isnt always possible or safe to do so.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base