Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

382 results found

1. Show alternate routes when traffic etc ahead

Show alternative routes in case of traffic etc ahead similar to Google maps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Being able to add more than 1 stop

Being able to plan a whole round trip with multiple stops.
    Maybe reordering stops, if a stop is groceries and you would want that being your last stop out of the multiple stops/errands you need to run.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deleting old routes efficiently

I would like to delete routes I no longer need with only two or three moves. Similar to deleting messages in the inbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Feature to Avoid Specific Road

I really do love Waze! You guys are great! But can you PLEASE add an option to avoid specific roads (or steps of a route)? There’s a route that Waze directs me on my commute daily, both ways, that includes 2 roads that are extremely dangerous. I don’t mean difficult intersections or something like that. I mean regularly reported gun violence, car jackings at stop signs/lights, and gang activity. I literally had this map editing option back in the days of printing out mapquest directions… any kind of option would be wonderful! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. UK time restrictions (School Streets)

Monday to Friday
    No entry between 8am and 9:15am."
    And 2:45pm and 4:00pm."

There are loads of these signs in hundreds of cities all over the UK especially London. Can't we allow for local map editors to save time based restrictions into the map?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Put locations at top of 'Where To' list at set time and day

I often do things same time each week. It would be great to have the option to set a time and a day for saved locations.

This would mean if I open Waze around 5:30pm on any Tuesday or Thursday, (this) item will start at the top of my 'Where To' list.

This feature would work best in conjunction with a 'Silent' option for each saved location. Since I go to certain places frequently, I already know how to get there.

Setting a Saved Location to 'Silent' would mean directions are only read aloud to the driver IF THEY DIFFER…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tow Mode

I often tow a trailer for work, and use Waze to go everywhere - but often time saving routes will take me down side streets and laneways that are narrow and difficult to navigate with a trailer. Same would apply for touring with a caravan.

It would be awesome to have a mode that minimizes tight turns, side streets or intersections without traffic lights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Routes to avoid Major Cities Centers

This goes to having customized routes, I was driving from the Northeast to SC, this would make me drive through heavily congested areas like NYC and Waze always wants to make me use the GW bridge, which is a horrible route if you have ever driven it. There should be an option to choose less congested routes, example I would choose to use the Verrazano Bridge route that takes me around the city. This should be an option for heavily congested large cities, Wash D.C., Philly, etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Gas station stops by fuel range

Ability to enter fuel range of your vehicle to automatically suggest stops on long trips. When driving long distances, I have to make the destination a gas station that is *** miles away, then change my destination at that stop to the next gas station, then finally add my final destination at the last gas stop. Would be nice to enter a final destination and then a fuel range of 350 miles and suggest as many stops are needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Routes

When using carplay with Iphone: in oorder to see all the routes, one need to click on the arrow and then a window opens with the initial route already offered, and the request to click again on the screen to see all the routes. The second click on the screen is completely unnecessary because it is clear that if I click the first time to see routes I would like to see all the options (usually 3 ). Maybe you can check its cancellation. Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Choose if we want to go back streets an miss all traffic

Go routes based on my history like if i go a lot of back streets have thsi as options show all routes possible to this place im going an let me choose an ways I’d possibly like to go would make a lot better an save ways I like to drive so can just go this way instead of have maps say wrong way or missed turn or u turn or anything like that an also tell us what lanes to be in an how many streets till turn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quality of road surface w/ permanence

Allow users to report the quality of the road surface (beyond the occasion pothole / object in the road). A crowd sourced critique of how smooth/good the road surface is that has “permanence”. Like construction notices, when planning routes out of town, this could help drivers avoid bad sections of Interstate/ State routes. Add this category to reporting button so drivers can share their assessment, recheck every mile (“still a road quality of rough?) once a driver flags the road surface as poor / rough / bumpy / etc. Not to be alerted, but to be used in route planning…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Safest route i.t.o. crime

In countries like South Africa there are certain high crime areas that should be avoided. If you read the news there are frequent reports of tourists especially, taking a short route unknowingly through a dangerous area and becoming a victim of crime or worse being murdered (sadly this is true). It would be great if one could select a "safest route" option which may not necessarily be the quickest. PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a second destination is entered, have the option to keep the first destination as a stop

When a second destination is entered, have the option to keep the first destination as a stop. Currently if we set the second destination as new final destination the first destination is removed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop routing very short alternatives to avoid intersection

There are many times when you suggest a less than 500m (in city, 2km out of city) alternative route just to avoid queueing at an intersection/roundabout, but suggested route just makes things worse because this alt route hits exactly in the same intersection, adding zipper delaya!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Routes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show fastest route even if have to turn off An go servic rd or back streets

I don’t want to sit in traffic if faster to turn off an go back way for part an turn back on to hwy agin onc moving normal speeds

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remember driver's choice

If the driver intentionally misses a turn for a different route based on his knowledge of the area (e.g. slightly longer, but better quality road) for multiple times, Waze should remember his choice and for the next time navigate through this preferred route by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Plan a route that DOES NOT go through a specific location

There was this HUGE traffic jam on a specific road due to an accident. Despite that, Waze acted like it is not aware about this, and all of the computed routes went through this specific road. It would be great for Waze to either add a manual option to plan a route avoiding specific place, or to understand from driver's behavior, that he has no intention or option to drive through this place. Instead, for all three available routes, it kept forcing me to turn around and go directly to the traffic jam.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base