Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

443 results found

1. Directional Steps

Waze, is it possible to have the directional steps available on Android Auto. This is beneficial for future navigation turns on route and mapping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fermeture de route sur Android Auto

Il faudrait pouvoir signaler les fermetures de route directement depuis l'écran de nos voitures et non via notre téléphone.
    Comme cela est pas possible pour l'instant, personne signale les fermetures de route...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back Dutch language

Bring back Dutch language in google assistant waze.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Waze has been destroyed in the last major update. I don't know where to begin. Please return to prior version.

I dont want to interact with the app in my car every time I drive. No pop up requests for recent drives; I can do that if I want. After that, I dont know where to begin: it is now glacially slow, menu pop ups and excess info on screen, constantly scrolling, every time i pick an option i need to wait for 30 seconds for something to occur. Etc etc etc. Go back to prior version or its format. This is an example of taking an excellent and optimal app and destroying it with "features" and "improvements." I dislike…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android Auto version

I like the latest improvements to the Android Auto design...I have one suggestion for the setting menu for Android Auto namely have the ability to switch from km to miles...it's on the smartphone version but not Android Auto...it would be useful when crossing the border

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New smaller monochromatic buttons in AA are harder to press.

The buttons are harder to access while moving

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Waze on Android Auto keeps freezing in the new updates.

Every time connected to Android Auto, it eventually will freeze, shut it down and relaunched only lasted few minutes and freezing again. This happened after the new updates.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Revert your latest upgrade

Why have you destroyed a working App with this pointless upgrade that has introduced numerous bugs 🤷🏼‍♀️

1) Cumbersome to now locate home/office as you need to hit the magnifying glass rather than the handy top left menu as on previous version.

2) Reporting hazards is now a hazard as the interface is slow and cumbersome

3) Previously saved addresses no longer work

4) The speed I am driving at is hit and miss as to whether it is displayed.

5)Big black boxes cover too much of the screen.

I have downgraded my Google App rating from 5 to 1…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The May 2023 release of Waze is terrible. Please go back to the previous version.

Here are the problems I have observed with the May 2023 release of Waze and why I would rather go back to the previous version.
    1. It defaults to having a menu open on the left asking where you want to go with the list of your frequent destinations. I preferred the previous version where if I wanted to navigate somewhere it was easy to click the search icon and bring up this menu.
    2. The menu of locations has Home and then a list of recent places I have gone. The previous version listed Home and then WORK and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable split screen

Please add the ability to disable split screen view entirely. On my Mazda with knob controls it is a pain to deal with and sluggish and I have to go through it every time I want to go back to the app selection screen (home screen). One button press should take me home, not expand a second media screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Revert user interface android auto

New interface is unusable on non touch screen interfaces. There should be an option to change back. The left menu now obscures half the map, making it harder to see where you're going. Confirming obstructions is now impossible with a scroll wheel, as you scroll along the options by the time you notice the button is highlighted its skipped to the next button but you are then unable to reverse the scroll back to the option, you have to scroll forward through everything again. Trying to access the menus or report obstructions is also pretty impossible with the new interface…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop showing my home address to everyone in the car

There is a menu of previous drives that pops up when Android Auto (using Waze) starts up. Home is the first suggestion, and it shows my home address. I don't want anyone else in the car to know my home address. Please protect my privacy. Labeling it simply as HOME is sufficient. I know my own address.Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the Android Auto Coolwalk version

The new version that supports the split view for Android Auto Coolwalk is awful. It completely kills off the main reason why people use the app, reporting.

This version makes me less safe on the road because it requires more interaction on the screen for me to report items. Furthermore, the reporting button is now incredibly small, which requires more focus on the screen to hit it while driving. The combination of more time looking at the screen and having to focus directly on it is a dangerous combination.

The voice interaction in this version is broken as well as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Trouble with affirming allerts

Sinds one of the last updates I can't affirm any allerts anymore. I don't have a touch screen in my car, I have to use a jog. And every time I go to the affirm section it goes directly to the search icon in a blink of an eye. This all happened sinds one of the last updates. Please fix it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Adjust navigation volume

Waze needs the ability to adjust navigation volume level when Waze isn't saying something. Google maps has this option in Android Auto if you go to settings and play test navigation audio. Then you can adjust the vehicle's navigation volume level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New update doesn't work in android auto

Let us know how to fall back on the old version until you sort out the bugs. In Mazda 6 the selection knob doesn't seem to interact with Waze. If you finally managed to add tge new destination it only shows the destination itself on the map rather than the routing (although the pop-ups correspond to the routing). If you add tge destination before connecting sometimes it works however it is impossible to cancel the pop-up messages. Often just freezes up. Please let us know when will this be fixed and in the meantime let us know how to fall…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. menu on startup

Waze Start automatically with Android Auto and That is good, but we don't need to navigate every drive. So, the menu Where to each time is unnecessary and pressing the X to remove it each time is annoying.
    If you think is save time, make the menu disappear after a few seconds if not been used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. autoplay

Add a feature that allows the app to automatically start when driving. A feature similar to spotify that starts music whenever it connects to the Bluetooth in my car.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restore list of "destinations" when using Voice commands while driving.

Prior to update, while driving I would be able to say a destination name, and if there were multiple results, I would be able to select the one I wanted. Also it allowed me to verify Waze found the correct destination.

This functionality has been removed for some reason.

1) It doesn't always get it right. There are many times when voice commands misheard the destination. The ability to verify exactly where I asked to go is essential.

2) Using Gas/convenience store as an example: I used to be able to say WaWa and it would give me a list…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base