Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location Services "While Using" instead of always on.

The battery lifetime degrades significantly when location services is always on. I want to have the choice to switch it to "While using" instead.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Banner notifications

I would be great if a banner notification would show if the app was running in the background and a turn was approaching. Apple maps does this, and if Waze did it, there would be no reason to use Apple maps ever again.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iOS 9 Location Services

As much as I am a fan of Waze, I am NOT a fan of a drained iPhone that is dead and prevents me from getting my Waze fix. With that said-
    Adding the 3rd (And MOST favored) option of "WHILE USING" to the Location Services options is the only drawback I keep seeing with Waze. It seems if and when it gets added, the update only erases the option. And we are back to having drained iPhones ... AGAIN. :(

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display current location GPS Coordinates and share them with friends

when it comes to navigation gps coordinates play an important role as it pin points the location you want other's to know if all else fails, like street names and landmark. Everything will change but not gps coordinates

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. location services

Can you change the location services choices and add "only when using the app" instead of "always"? I love the app but I don't want it continuously running in the bacground draining battery and using data.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Compass

Could you please add a very simple compass to the view? I know that I can set the map to have north up, but I would like to have a little compass in the other view (that is like more) just to know the bearing. thank you. Waze is now my default navigation app.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Starbucks or other fav chain on my way?

It would be great of you could add a store, restaurant, or other chain name (Starbucks!!) to a list of favorite stops so that try show up along pr near your route!!!

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Waze drains iPhone battery like no tomorrow. - Support "While using the app" instead of "Always, In Location Services.

Nobody like having the battery drain faster then it supposed too, and most already not the iPhone battery isn't that great (iPhone 6S is my device)

So with that said having the Location Services forced to "Always" is only going to make things even worse. I usually get a whole day out of my phone, ever since i installed Waze it died before the day was over. Naughty Waze!!

-- MY IDEA / REQUEST: --
    I am requesting that, Waze supports "While using that App" functionality in Location Services for iPhone, it saves the battery and Waze still works the…

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Toll roads

When entering in a destination, please put the toll roads option there instead of in the settings. I am a driver in New York City. All day long, I would need to go into settings and check/uncheck toll roads. When I drive a passenger, of course, all the toll roads are taken, but when returning, I avoid as much as possible. Please change the tolls feature to somewhere when entering in the destination. Thank you

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Turn off the GPS when exiting the app

On the iPhone when you exit the app, the GPS is still engaged. On other GPS apps, if there is no ACTIVE ROUTE, the GPS is turned off upon exit. This should be implemented in Waze.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for ability to for E85 gas stations

E85 is an increasingly used fuel alternative and both my vehicles support it. Being able to locate them would be awesome and also update pricing.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add weather

Please add an optional weather overlay. Also, please add weather warnings in the area and/or on a planned route.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add DUI check point report button

Add a DUI check point alert, report button that is seperate from police reports. This can be linked with online area reports plus waze drivers can report. But it would help if could say which direction on the street the checkpoint is set up on.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Place Photos

To report a Place via the client, the user is required to first take a photo before entering any details.

This process should be changed as it:

- discourages Wazers from adding a Place if it is dark/raining or other factors prevent them from taking a satisfactory photo, and;

- results in ineffective photos (blurry, dark, inappropriate) being added which do not fulfil the intended purpose of assisting other Wazers to identify the Place.

Making Photos optional when adding a Place, and adding the ability to upload from the Camera Roll/Computer/etc, would improve the Waze map by enabling Wazers to…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implement a GPS tracking while in-app only option, as opposed to the "always on" function.

I usually keep my GPS/Location Services settings to "only when app is in use," so as to save battery and for privacy. Waze wants to run at all times even in the background when I am not using the app. I now have to manually have to go in and out of my iPhone settings to turn GPS on and off for this Waze. Please implement a "when app is in use only" option for the Location Services settings.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to automatically disable WiFi

When transitioning from WiFi to 3G or vice versa, Waze often loses a connection and becomes useless, requiring us to restart the app. I imagine this would be a problem for anyone who drives by a wireless network that they use often (home, work, school, etc.) This could be avoided by giving the user the option to automatically disable WiFi connections within Waze. This option would prevent users from having to disable WiFi before starting Waze every time.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Location services options to include "While Using the App

Location services options to include "While Using the App"

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Zoom button in landscape orientation

The zoom button doesn't appear in landscape orientation, just in portrait (when users tap the screen). It appeared in Waze's old look, but with the update (some monts ago), developers made it disappear, I can't guess why. Please, bring it back in landscape orientation.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "HAZARD/ON ROAD" input options should include the option of: "Car Stopped (stuck on road)"

the only existing input is Car stop on shoulder.
    No option for a Car Stopped on Road.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories