Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not send a message to my in inbox when I'm "thanked."

I don't want a message in my inbox when I am thanked by another user for a road report. Quick on-screen message? Fine. I hate seeing that notification that I have a message only to see 52 people thanked me for reporting the cop on the side of the road.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically sleep Waze when disconnecting from CarPlay

Hi, can an option be added to automatically put Waze to sleep after unplugging it from CarPlay? I don't need Waze to remain active once I've reached my destination, and when I get back into my car I usually start it manually myself.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mute/disable whatsapp notifications while waze is on

Waze stops its navigation and/or voice directions when Whatsapp messages are sent. There should be a way of disabling such notifications so that Waze can do what it does best

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Additional reporting options.

Two immediately spring to mind:
    1. when reporting a weather hazard, it would be great to be able to report "sunstrike".
    2. the only way to report a stopped car is as an object on the side of the road. The only hazards on the road are things like construction. I have had multiple occassions where I have come across a vehicle stopped on the road. These have not been an accident, rather they have been due to breakdown. An option in the "on road/in lane" category to advise of a stopped vehicle would be great.

I love the app…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Batman Voice

Batman voice

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow one-button reporting of the most common hazards. I suggest one-button for: a) car stopped on shoulder, b) police, c) hazard on road.

One-button reporting would allow fast, safe reporting of the most common hazards without having to navigate menus. Today, reporting a car on the shoulder is a 5-button press navigation - hardly safe at 70 mph. I suggest one quick click, and it is reported.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add "wind" and sleet as a hazard.

Any chance you guys can add Wind as a hazard? Was driving on Hwy 152, and felt my car was about to take off.

Also, I think sleet would be good add as well. Thank you.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. no thumbs down option anymore

What happened to the thumbs down option? I only have 2 buttons- leave a comment or thumbs up. If the hazard is not there I want to be able to let other drivers know and did so by using the thumbs down.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pause audiobooks during Waze alerts

I listen to a lot of audiobooks (via Overdrive app) while using Waze to navigate, when I get a Waze alert or prompt though Waze will talk over the audiobook rather than pause/resume it. It's very annoying and I often miss what the narrator is saying and have to back it up. I wish the audiobook could be paused while the Waze alert is given and then pick right back up again afterwards.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Map Overview

Please add a map overview so that you can see the entire route. I don't like having to scroll ahead all of the time to see the route. I know that you can see it written out, but I would like to see it on a map.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable/option iPhone touch-rotating map

When navigating with my iPhone I usually want to zoom in and out using the pinch movement as most apps use, but half the time trigger the touch to rotate map feature, which I never really need to use.

My suggestion: Disable this (the map will still rotate when you are heading in a certain direction, which is all anyone should need it to do) or at least have an option to turn it off.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable face proximity sensor.

The face proximity sensor is enabled. Since I place my iPhone in the console of my vehicle, every time I move my hand down to perform an action, the display goes black. I have to gingerly reposition my hand before I can do anything.

I suggest disabling the face proximity sensor while in an operational mode. If necessary, you can enable it right before going to a phone call (if not speakerphone).

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to say which side of the road a car is stopped on. Also have an option for car stopped IN the road.

The ability to say which side of the road an object or stopped vehicle is. For example: animal carcass on inside shoulder. Or car stopped on outside shoulder.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show address in final navigation screen when approaching.

I LOVE that Waze now accesses my Apple calendar to see my appointments & the time. SO very helpful, as Waze is my go to map app (I am an on the road sales rep). But I have to exit Waze & return to my calendar entry to see the exact street address I am looking for. The final navigation screen will have the name & phone number of the person I'm trying to visit, but not the address, the most important part. Really annoying!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I do not like the new sleep feature! I want to be able to turn waze OFF! Please switch it back

I like the old feature allowing us to turn waze off when we get to our destination, not the sleep mode. Can you please put back the option to turn off waze

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add option to lock screen in landscape, portrait, or auto

Add option to lock screen in landscape, portrait, or auto

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable POP-UPS while stopped

Whenever I am at a red light or stopped in traffic, Waze keeps popping up messages from all over the place. They are not helpful to me, they are distracting. Especially when it is reporting things 10+ miles away. (I'm in the city, so 10 miles is a long ways)

I looked though the menus and have tried disabling these screens but they are still appearing.

I posted this on the forms, and there are several others sharing my frustration, so I hope this change can please be added to the next update.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Slave GPS/GPS Sharing over personal hotspot.

Have the ability to run the Waze as a slave on another device.

When driving I have a mount for my iPads (mini and iPad3) and use the 'Personal Hotspot' on my iPhone to give them network connectivity. When it is in this mode I would like my iPhone to supply GPS data to either/both the iPads (they are wifi only so have no GPS data) In personal hotspot mode approximate location is given to the iPads but this only works well in city areas, in rural areas there is not enough data for the iPads.

There are 2 possible…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. sur la voie ou je me trouve le GPS waze m'indique ma vitesse, mais je voudrais aussi la vitesse que je dois respecter

sur la voie ou je me trouve le GPS waze m'indique ma vitesse, mais je voudrais aussi la vitesse que je dois respecter

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Signalement en sens inverse pour aider les autres usagers venant dans le sens opposé

Pouvoir signaler venant en sens inverse les autres usagers

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories