Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones. If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information you provide to Waze or its Google affiliates ("Waze") relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
  • Waze may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Waze’s current or future products and services.
  • You agree that you will not disclose to Waze any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your Feedback only as long as it didn't receive any reactions from other users. However, you can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time. You may also delete your comments and upvotes at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Waze continue running in background untill it is turned off

I use my phone for more than just Waze when I'm driving. Waze does not consistently run in the background when I switch to control another app (even when I'm driving on the highway at 65 mph). I'd really like to see an option in settings to keep Waze active until I manually exit. Alternatively, how about an option that keeps Waze active as long as my phone is in the car dock?

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now available  ·  68 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would love to see WAZE as an option for Android Auto!!! Will Waze ever be an option on Android Auto??

I would love to see WAZE as an option for Android Auto in place, or in addition to Google Maps for Android Auto!!! Will Waze ever be an option on Android Auto??

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

3. Android Auto intergration

hey I have android auto. could you make waze compatible for it so I can report and navigate by using android auto

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

4. audio alerts for everything

It would be nice to have audio alerts for all activity in waze. If there is a traffic jam ahead alert me vocally, same for car on shoulder etc.

I say this because I ride a motorcycle and am not able to view my screen (also it would take my attention from the bike). I would like to be audibly alerted of everything such as speed cams, cops, blah blah :)

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. automatically pause playing music before giving audible directions

Automatic Media Pause before audible directions

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, the volume for your car’s audio is automatically lowered when directions are sounded.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

6. North up should be persistent between sessions

I want to be able to use North up as default map orientation. This can be set manually in the client, but has to be specified every time the program is started. It would be nice if this setting could be persistent, or could be set in settings.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Google Play Music Media Controls

Add a mostly-transparent overlay option with controls of simply "Previous, Play/Pause, Next" - quite chunky without being intrusive, that works with a media player of your choice, not just Spotify. Thanks!

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

8. Full screen buttons for reporting (or even the menus)

Make the reporting menu fullscreen and rearrange the layout so that it becomes easier to press a button.
    You could do the same thing to the main menu as well. Makes it easier to navigate through the menus while driving...

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  11 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead".

Option to disable prompt "vehicle stopped on shoulder ahead". Very distracting and not useful information in my opinion. During my daily commute (42miles) through I-695, I-70,US-29, I-492 and I-270 there are up to 15! disabled vehicles and the prompts are getting truly annoying.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sound alerts

I think that having a sound ringing before radar or police could help us. That's better than looking to the phone to see what's on infront. That's would give a safty driving and a secure alert.
    That's important for me
    I hope you'll do that.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  6 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. create waze for android auto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please create a user version for android auto so i don't have to attempt to hack my honda radio to side load it and void my warranty !!! if you do this asap you will kill apple because this will spread like wild fire !!!!

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Routing overview

I would like a routing overview option to easily access when driving for two reason:
    1: For longer routes to see were I am in the country.
    2: For shorter routes to have an overview of the traffic situations.

This option could be a button directly on the map, maybe as an option to turn on/off from Settings or as an option in the pop up window where the mute, stop navigation, navigation list and recalculate route are.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Possibilities:
    - check next turns list by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘next turns’ tab
    - check reports on the route by clicking on the directions panel on the top, select ‘reports ahead’ tab
    - check map view of your route by clicking on ETA bar at the bottom, select ‘Routes’ and then ‘map view’

13. Speed limit on Android Auto

Thanks for finally making Waze available on Android Auto but you left out the speed limit and it is one of my favorite features. It's especially helpful in rural areas where speed limit signs are few and far between and it makes it easy for law enforcement to set up speed traps.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep waze on top

When making a phonecall via hands free, waze should stay on top. It's pointless showing the call app, because 1. My screen then locks, so I can't unlock without touching the phone. 2. I can't get directions while I am on the outgoing call...

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Eu sugiro que coloquem a opçao de GNV para veiculos, e mostrassem qual posto tambem tem GNV para abastecimento...

Eu sugiro que coloquem a opçao de GNV para veiculos, e mostrassem qual posto tambem tem GNV para abastecimento...

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add common objects to Hazard:Road

To reduce the possibility of the user becoming a potential road hazard, update the Report:Hazard:Road option with a submenu so that we don't have to type out what's in the middle of the road. There is already an option to report cars stopped on the shoulder, but none to report cars stopped in lane, or tire treads, or deceased animals.

It doesn't need to be fancy, just something so that we don't need to type, unless it's something really unusual.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  5 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why isn't Waze on Android Auto!? It's April of 2016!

Please get this thing on Android Auto. I just shelled out $800 with the hope that this was already included, being Waze is a part of Google and all.

Come on Waze team, make it happen!!!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Show username if nickname is empty.

If you choose to display your name and the 'Nickname' field is empty, you are still Anonymous. The username should be shown by default in this case.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Now available  ·  krankyd responded

From version 2.1 and on, nickname cannot be empty, and it is defaulted to the user name.

19. Put a report button on the main screen of the Android UI

The iPhone UI has a report button on the main screen... why make Android users go through the extra step of hitting Menu before going to the reporting screen? I would love to see a "report" button somewhere on the screen so it's one press, no fumbling around for the menu button.

An idea would be to place the reporting button to the right of the user icon at the top of the title bar. There's quite a bit of unused space between that icon and the GPS/internet status icon.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base