Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Weather overlay

I would love to have a real time weather overlay on the WAZE maps. This would be a GREAT feature to add to aid in knowing more about driving conditions. Please vote and let's see what we can do to make it happen.

432 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    23 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 422 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed camera alerts

Speed camera alerts should always alert me when i am approaching not just when i am speeding, because what if i am at or below speed limit but decide to speed up when i am unknowingly close to a speed camera

422 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Settings for types of alerts to allow

There are many types of alerts the Waze client can display as a layer on the map and/or pop up on your screen, sometimes both visual and audible. We would like to see an new Settings area added for the types of alerts we want to see and/or ignore and never have a notification appear or be heard.

The notifications should include at least, but not necessarily limited to:
    Speed cams
    Red light cams
    Police (speed trap)
    Road Hazards
    Road segment speed condition
    Traffic Jams
    Chit Chat
    Accident

417 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Waze bicycle alert feature

Waze bicycle alert feature
    For use with waze navigation app
    This feature would Alert wazers to upcoming bicyclist in their path much like other alerts (police,potholes). Having drivers report bicyclists location in the same manner as other alerts would be of little use as bicyclist generally travel between 10-20mph. The bicyclist would need to log into the app and identify them self as a bicyclist or as a bicyclist for the next trip. The bicyclist location would then be shown in Waze as a bicyclist and would provide an approaching driver with an alert. Some additional features would need to…

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

Add the speed limit for each road, esspecially when there isva camera...

395 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Waze only friends

Hello, I would like to be able to make friends with Wazers without having them also be facebook friends. To me they are seperate applications and do not want to mix them. Eg. work aquaintainces who I don't necessarially want to facebook friend them but use Waze. Also I have "real" friends who refuse to use facebook but I want to have them use Waze and friend them that way.

390 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quick report buttons

It would be a good idea to place some (2??) customizable quick report buttons on the main Map/interface; in such way we can report speed traps/ dangers/ police while we are driving with a single touch (or double to exclude unintended reports)!
    There are too many menu/options to make a report... the only way to put them live is to stop the car and going trough a jungle of options... ( :geek: and I'm used to that! I'm an android user)
    Heavy traffic is fine... you're stuck in your car and you've all the time to browse the options but…

389 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync with Google "my places"

it would be great to be able to sync the places already stored in google's my places. So you don´t have to search for them separately and have them at hand even quicker.

more advanced: sharing your places with friends or family members across devices would be great.

finally: being able to save places on the webinterface and syncing to user devices would be nice

waze rocks - keep up the good work!

385 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interface for linking Waze with MyLink (Chevrolet and Opel multimedia system)

I like and use Waze every day when I go to work, but watching and tapping the smartphone touchscreen is unconfortable and dangerous.
    Why don't you write an interface for linking Waze with MyLink (Chevrolet and Opel multimedia system) in order to use it through the car touchscreen? General Motors has already released APIs for the purpose, and the only one compatible navigation app is rather expensive and closed source...

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol)

Ajouter le carburant E85 (éthanol) dans les préférences carburant. Merci et bravo pour cette application!

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Youtube Music

An enormous amount of people are switching from app to Youtube Musics app just check the toplist.

Please i implement Youtube Music into Waze

375 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate Amazon Music app

Spotify is nicely integrated into the waze phone app. It would be nice to also add Amazon Music app for those that don't use Spotify.

354 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically switch off 'Record new road' feature

As an area manager, it is a headache to keep deleting small segments of road alongside existing roads, caused by GPS inaccuracies where a user has left the 'record new road' feature switched on. I think it would be a good idea to have the client automatically switch off the feature if the user has been travelling on an existing road for a set period of time, for example, 2 minutes.

347 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Average Speed / ANPR Camera Reporting

As well as normal Gatso type speed cameras, increasingly automatic number plate recognition / average speed cameras are used in the uk. Being able to report them & their speed limit, and having a notification that you're within the average limit would be priceless.

313 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In honor of White Cane Safety Day, create a alert to drivers that notifies the driver a person using a white cane is ahead.

A person with a visual impairment can log on to the app and WAZE will track the user as they walk.
    A driver using the app is notified when a person using a white cane is nearby.

313 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Carplay support

Adding carplay support to waze would be amazing! I use the app everyday and having it integrated with carplay would be a deal breaker for me to buy it! Thanks!

312 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove Chit-Chat option for Iranian users

The Iranian people use this option for political purposes and insult to each other and racism. This has led Iran's government to ban this great app in the country.

311 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GTalk integration

When Im running WAZE, set my GT status to "DnD - Driving by waze". So friends will not chat to me during driving. It make me peace and tell others about new navigation - WAZE.

305 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Destination house number appear

I have noticed many times that once you arrive to your street destination, it doesn't display the house number. This is really annoying, because I am a delivery driver. So once I hit the street, I have to grab my clipboard and look at the invoice to see the house number.

I would imagine this is a easy fix and would help wazers out.

302 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base