Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What happened to the kids voices?

I used the kids voice for navigation instructions. From one moment to the other, those voices disappeared! Please bring them back!!

209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace "accident" with "crash"

The term "accident" implies that no one was at fault. This is an inaccurate word choice, unless you know for a fact that no one involved did anything negligent to cause the crash. Widespread use of the term "accident" implies that road injuries and deaths are unavoidable, and creates an environment where they are simply accepted as a cost of doing business, when in fact, there is a lot that can be done to prevent such carnage. The terms "crash" and "collision" are much more accurate, as they do not imply fault or lack of fault.

209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add sound notification when approaching speed cameras

Add a beep sound notification when approaching a speed camera and an intermittent beeps when near or over speed limit

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Please open Carpool for Guatemala to reduce traffic

Great benefits to bring Carpool to Guatemala: -

- Reduce the amount of cars on the road during peak hour traffic (4 am-10am) and (4pm-9pm). At this time, it is blocked to the network and can take up to 3 hours to enter and leave the capital (Guatemala City)
    - Car ownership is prohibitively expensive
    - Public transport is risky and not reliable.
    - be environmentally conscious of the earth because they are more economical people in movement

Help our little Country to be better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze…

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Routing server timeout on long drives

Since the app seems to consistently time out looking for long drives, I would recommend allowing more back end resources be used for drives over a certain mileage or time. This might require an upgrade based on the high number of users.

Instead of having just one option, I would like to be able to choose between options since there are riskier routes for adding traffic.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue since I can have perfect service on an iPhone 6S and consistently have your servers time out.

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Train crossings and train stoppage.

Okay, I thought your app had everything until today. I ran into a slow train crossing. This is a difficult one because trains are there and then not there. I would like the ability to report trains and maybe speed/length in general terms. Then there are the trains that just stop on the crossing for an extended amount of time. Those would be very helpful to report. But, at least being able to report the train is crossing and direction of movement will help people I think.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dash cam

Add dash cam features in background, auto record when car is moving, just enable feature and everything runs in background. Similar to app called witness. Record 10 segments, 6min each. Store date,time and GPS. Thought of this after learning that every car in Russia has a dash cam (all those meteor recordings).

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. HOV LANE!

Allow useres an option for choosing that they are HOV lane compliant. This way you waze can give traffic feedback for us in the HOV lane.

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WINDOWS 10

Please support the new Windows 10 Mobile platform.

A lot of us have 2 or more phones using Android, IOS, and WP/W10 Mobile. Would love to have the same experiences on all platforms.

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prevent roadkill

Add a button in waze for users to indicate a live animal on the side of a road (like a grazing deer). Waze users can be warned of this animal on the side of the road and can slow down when they are close to this place. This would help prevent roadkill.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Return the displaying of FB friends on a map in app.

Most users are interested in where their friends are, not unknown people. Need to make FB friends be visible on the map all the time, not just when they are within 1 km. There is an invisible button for Confidentiality to compliance in the application.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. traffic lights

Please add a feature to report a traffic light outage. A traffic light that's out is a major problem in a commute.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE

Hello,
    Why do not add a Speed Limiter function (audible and/or visual) to WAZE ?!
    With a user speed limit preset (eg: city, extra-urban, expressway, motorway) or 1 single on the fly.
    It would then be possible to drive to the limit of what says the law, which is often different from panels display in most countries, without risking tickets whatever the country.
    I suggest that audible alerts can be limited in time by a timer.
    For visual alerts, the outline of the card (a frame) flash of color to the user's choice, or a biggest flashing Speedometer !
    Use…

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rest Stop information

Could you either add rest stops, or allow us to report rest stops, as well as distance to the next one as reported/displayed?

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Signal deviation from "normal" work-home route

So I am using Waze mostly for avoiding traffic going to and from work, I suppose like most people. It would be helpful to have a feature where it gives an audible alert if it is plotting a course that is different from the "normal" one to avoid traffic. I imagine this could work by determining the best route assuming no significant traffic, and giving an alert if it is plotting a different course than that. Same thing goes for changes in mid-course due to accidents, jams, etc., that occur after I start. Normal navigation announcements aren't too useful on…

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. LARGER FONT!!! not all are 25 yo... at 50+ I can't see 90% of the writing on the maps!!

LARGER FONTS!!!
    adjust to visually challenged!! (aka over 50 yo..) at least offer an option!

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Support for On Board Diagnostics OBD II + Display stats on user profile

You should add support for On Board Diagnostics OBD II from elm327 bluetooth as Torque app does and the stats to Waze user profile.

188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. hide sms "features" in UI

for those who are not foolishly paying to send text communcations please add option to hide such from the UI. Optionally replace with Jabber (XMPP).

There is no sane reason to use OLD sms on a smartphone! Stop burning money.

http://wiki.xmpp.org/

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring Elvis voice back please!

I am not an Elvis fan at heart. However I LOVE the Elvis voice. Where did he go and can you bring him back please?

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Back the Old Waze Monster

Ever since last year, the Old Waze Monster is being replaced by the New Waze Monster.
    Please compare and vote for the Best Looking Waze Monster.
    To have a peek at both the Monsters, before you vote, click here: http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/cherianchris/WazeMonster_zps1ebd1071.jpg

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base