Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be great if School Zones were added.

I gave votes to the others. I do understand there are time management issues. This would be a huge plus.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Altitude

Add an option to show altitude on screen (displayed like current speed would be), just like some GPS units allow. Great for mountain driving.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set destination and arrival time and alert me when it's time to leave

Based on current conditions, alert me 5-15 minutes before I need to leave so that I can arrive at a set time.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. installation on Toyota Touch and Go

Is it possible to implement Waze on Toyota Touch and GO.

for information : COYOTE is already implemented

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Learn mode

"Learn mode" , where you can teach Waze the best route to follow ; sometimes the fast or short route is not possible, or you know a better route for your favorite location.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Waze should allow users to add friends through their emails or phone number. Not everyone has Facebook.

Waze should allow users to add friends through their emails or phone number as oppose to just Facebook. I've a lot of friends who have Waze but not Facebook and we can't add each other which is a shame.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let users add speed camera locations

I noticed with the newest update that you omitted letting users update red light/ speed camera locations from the app .. not sure- why but I’d like to petition you to please add it back ..... we here in NYC are getting bombarded with cameras that have nothing to do with driving safe ( not near schools - hospitals etc) they are just another way for this city to take money from its hard working overtaxed citizens..

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Dirty roads with the same width as Street but with an irregular border

A lot of users are complaining about Dirty Roads visibility in small screens, this would fix it.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use the telephone acceletor to get data about road quality

Use the telephone acceletor to get data about the general quality of the road. I live near roads that your phone would be shaking constantly. The accelerometer can be useful to give an overall quality rating for each segment.

Then waze could have an option prefer to choose good roads when routing.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PTT Comunication

It would be great to add PTT type communication to go on the road and communicate if a big family goes in different vehicles. This work has been done by the Zello App for a long time, but it would not be bad to add that function to Waze natively.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. removing police location when vacant

Please allow the ability to remove police location from either direction on highways and turnpikes when there are no police cars in the list location.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sound for speed camera at all times

I would use this more often , if the speed camera alert gave a audio warning, and also displayed speed limit.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to connect to their friends via email/ address book, and not have it restricted only to Facebook

Not everyone has all their contacts in Facebook or wants to connect to all Facebook contacts.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display the destination address

Show me the final destination address, at least when I get close to it. Just having the voice say "you've arrived" isn't precise enough when I could be 100 or more feet away. I drive for Uber and have to close the WAZE app to see what address I'm looking for.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. POIs: automatically recognize location and search option

Currently there is no 'City' field in the POI definition. When defining a new one (for instance gas station or train station), you have to specify the city in the name if you want to make it findable within a city search (for instance you want to serach all gas station in the city you are wazing). Thus congesting the map.
    Maybe an option when searching for POIs to restrain research within a certain range would be helpful too.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Close Waze and mark parking place on Bluetooth disconnect

Many cars have Bluetooth, and our phones connect and disconnect automatically on starting and shutting down the car. It can be used as an indication of the drive ending, and optionally closing/sleeping Waze and/or setting the parking place
    I imagine an option stating “On Bluetooth disconnected: Mark parking place on/off - Close/sleep Waze on/off”

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Distance units

The Waze client appears to use three types of unit for distance reporting, miles, decimal fractions of miles and feet.

In the UK we generally use two units for road distance, miles and yards. We do not measure road distance in feet, I measure the size of my bedroom in feet but not the length of my road.

Also "point one miles" doesn't mean a lot to me or many other people I'd imagine, not to mention that it is shockingly poor grammar.

Please can we have a UK units option, that supports miles, half a mile and yards. Thank…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mobile speed camera

You should add the capabilities to report Mobile speed camera and in Waze editor, to add the zone length and be alerted when entering this zone from any street.

http://www.quebechebdo.com/media/photos/unis/2012/02/22/photo2011220resize.jpg

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have the option of showing public EV charging stations.

Have the option of showing public EV charging stations. As a EV car owner I have to toggle between my chargepoint and Waze app when driving to find spots to charge my car. Also make EV avatars for us electric car drivers :)

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. public transport services

Please consider the public transport services as a transit option to waze users community (rail services as a metropolitan “backbone” mobility solution for congestion).

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base