Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Close Waze and mark parking place on Bluetooth disconnect

Many cars have Bluetooth, and our phones connect and disconnect automatically on starting and shutting down the car. It can be used as an indication of the drive ending, and optionally closing/sleeping Waze and/or setting the parking place
    I imagine an option stating “On Bluetooth disconnected: Mark parking place on/off - Close/sleep Waze on/off”

109 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Irish dialect voice

Defects in machines speech can often be obscured by the machine speaking in a different dialect you speak. Irish are romanticized by Americans and this will be very popular Stateside.

109 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import and upload custom car icons

I would like to be able to import gifs to be used in place of the arrow. This would allow anyone to use an image or drawing of their car rather than one of the few provided ones. There could even be an option to submit to an online catalog.

109 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. POIs: automatically recognize location and search option

Currently there is no 'City' field in the POI definition. When defining a new one (for instance gas station or train station), you have to specify the city in the name if you want to make it findable within a city search (for instance you want to serach all gas station in the city you are wazing). Thus congesting the map.
    Maybe an option when searching for POIs to restrain research within a certain range would be helpful too.

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLEASE VOTE IF YOU WANT ELECTRIC CHARGING STATIONS AS A FEATURE

I am taking a survey in order to see how many people feel they would benefit from adding a feature that locates electric charging stations, similar to the one already in place for gas stations. PLEASE VOTE ON THIS SUGGESTION IF YOU FEEL THIS WOULD BENEFIT YOU OR EVEN IF YOU JUST SEE THE MERIT IN THIS FEATURE.

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import Google Maps favorites into Waze favorites

Waze encourages not to add every business or landmark that isn't that popular. Google Maps has virtually all businesses listed in major cities with the option to create multiple lists in order to save frequent locations. Also in keeping with time-management, Google Maps has a feature which analyzes how crowded a particular storefront is. Having the option to quickly click into a business's page from the car would be very beneficial.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increase alternate route options

Offer a route "drag" option to allow driver to choose a different route that is not suggested in the alternate route options.
    Sometimes Waze will send you on a complicated route to save a few minutes, and not show the simple way's time (which may be just a few minutes longer). There's no way to force the system to show additional routes.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please turn off the "You parked here" pop-up or at least give the option to disable it.

Stop trying to do too much!!! I don't need to know or share where I parked when I first start the app especially if I'm sitting in my car where I parked it. I want to enter my destination and go. If I want to share my location, I'll do so through the menu. Very annoying.

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. public transport services

Please consider the public transport services as a transit option to waze users community (rail services as a metropolitan “backbone” mobility solution for congestion).

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve "forgot username or password" process

I upgraded to a new phone. Forgot my username & password but the entire existing process is circular. Put in my phone number (didn't receive a text w/in 24 hours). Put in my email address (didn't receive an email w/in 24 hours). I charged & started my old phone to get my username. Once I retrieved it and put it into the new phone I received a verification code via text. I used that code and then added my full name - and I was given a new user name which I did not choose. When I put in my…

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mr. T

The only reason I downloaded Waze was Mr. T!! Bring him back! Please!

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Only allow client to record roads if GPS accuracy is less than 20m

There are far too many unnamed and named roads running parallel to each other due to poor GPC accuracy. Please make the client disallow recordings to start or automatically stop recording if GPS accuracy drops below an agreed threshold.

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. support "car camera" mode

today, a lot of drivers buy a car camera. we can save it by adding this feature to waze.
    the phone is already mounted aiming at the front of the car, and we can also recor sounds inside the car.

save last 3\5 minutes. ON\OFF from settings, screen button to "save video".
    permenantly delete older files not to use a lot of disk space and dont use the best camera option (3 min. of 4K is a lot!). option to save to internal memory\SD card if available. option to "share" the file to gmail, google drive etc.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Carpooling an OPTION. I will NEVER Carpool and I dont like it popping up

1) Make carpooling an option. 2) Move the back arrow back to where it used to be - the current carpool button location

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. weather info

information about the temperature in the area based on the GPS and automatic weather warnings based on sites such as weather.com (eg, warning of ice, fog, snow, very hot, etc.)

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. mileage log

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9683

This was a post I made before I found this portion of the Waze site.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Translate Israel street names from Hebrew to English

Translate Israel street names from Hebrew to English, please.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. share location / destination as text URL and not hyperlink for those who wisely send TEXT only email

otherwise the click "here" is merely a word.. and a frustration to the simple

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop warning of red light cameras

Don't warn people of red light cameras, if you are dumb enough to drive through a red light you shouldn't be behind the wheel, giving them a warning of which ones will get them fines is just going to encourage morons to jump lights, very dangerous

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop automatically reading contacts and sending sms messages without express permission.

It is very sleazy to "harvest" or contacts and down then with text messages. You never asked express permission to do this. It should only be something you offer to opt into for specific contacts.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base