Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Red Light Camera Alert

Ability to disable red light camera notifications. Alerts are rather annoying if you travel the same road on your daily commute.

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please remove Angus St. & Panorama Terrace from rush hour routes

This is a residential area where a lot of little kids walk to and from Ivanhoe school. It is so dangerous and people don't abide to speed limits and often I see drivers looking at their navigation system zooming by.

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CARDI B voice navigation request

What’s popping y’all?hoping waze comes out with a version of CARDI B voice navigating, I wanna party with cardi while I’m on the road! please make this happen!OKURRRR!!!

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to keep "battery saver" always on

Waze has this new "battery saver" feature that dims the screen when there is a long way until the next turn/action. As I understand, currently this feature only kicks in when the battery level is low (<25%). Or you can manually turn it on for a current trip, but it revert to the default behaviour next time you start Waze.

I suggest to add an option to keep it ALWAYS on. Because I would like to use it all the time... Even if the battery level is not low, I'd like to save it for the rest of the day.…

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Geotagged event triggers

Allow the user to define an event such as playing one of your own sounds, display one of your own photos or play a music track at or near specific places. Example uses - get onto a fast stretch of road and your music changes, and changes back when you get into town again. Get a mile from a toll booth and a note appears telling you how much money to have ready. Drive near a grocer and your recording says "don't forget to get the eggs". Go past a tourist attraction and a recording tells you about it. You…

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timezone Changes included in the ETA

I constantly go back and forth between two timezones and wish that Waze would take this into account when showing me the ETA in the new timezone instead of showing me the current timezones ETA that I am leaving. It does update on the fly, but it should show up at the beginning if it knows I am crossing timezones.

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tarifs moyens des trajets

nous avons systématiquement plusieurs itinéraires possibles, parfois certains ayant un temps similaire voir identiques. Il pourrait être intéressant de mettre en avant les tarifs des péages ainsi parfois entre 2 trajets de 45 minutes entre le 1er faisant prendre 3 péage pour un total par exemple de 10€ et l'autre trajets avec un seul péage a 3€ cela évite des frais inutile. ou même parfois il est peut être intéressant de rallonger de 5 minute si cela évite un péage coûteux. Waze pourrait se servir des données que nous lui transmettons sur notre type de véhicule et carburant comme le…

173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. choose my custom route!

Have you ever thought that the driver does every day the same way to go to work or home, so he already has his favorite ways? Have you ever thought about leaving the driver predefine these paths and when to consult the routes have a new area for "Custom Routes" and showing the conditions of transit and time for those 3 chosen paths? I would feel more comfortable in knowing how long it would take if I had chosen that MY way specifically. Thanks!

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Partner with Chrysler so Waze can be one of the apps displayed on the screen of the new Uconnect systems in 2013 Rams etc

The new Uconnect system supports some mobile apps and I think Waze would be awesome to use on it instead of just merely hearing Waze through the speakers.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New weather hazard for high winds

I use the Severn bridges which suffer as a result of high winds, so would be useful to be able to report this to other Waze users.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Detour capability

I would like for the ability to determine a detour to the current route. For example, if the highway you are on is blocked, slow or closed due to an accident, you can push a detour option/button and select the distance of the detour (1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles...) or maybe the system can suggest the detour length based on what it knows of the traffic conditions ahead. Once your determined detour distance is exhausted, you are routed back to your original route. Many GPS Nav systems today have this capability/feature and is very useful.…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Do not disturb" - silence for safety

There are apps that block or mute messages and calls that interrupt the driver. Though, One must be aware, remember and start these apps before every ride. I recommend Adding a "silence" option in waze setting. The option should allow to block calls,messages, FB etc. individually or all at once.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vin Scully

LA loves Vin Scully now imagine the Hall of Fame announcer giving you turn by turn instructions with a great Vin Story along the way. Driving in traffic would become an enjoyable experience

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bicycle navigation and pedestrian should be added

Bicycle navigation and pedestrian should be added

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Timing of the Traffic Lights

I think it would be a great benefit if you can us the data of every time a waze stops at a Traffic Light you should be able to figure out the timing for all the Traffic lights. Then some how be able to tell us when the next light is going to change so we can adjust are speed of course slowing down to time the lights and save fuel.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ROUTE CALCULATION

route calculation based on the type of vehicle. Cars, motorcycles, motor homes, buses, trucks.
    The calculation must take into account the size of the vehicle to avoid roads not suitable for the vehicle.
    To optimize the calculation of the arrival time, insert the traveling speed by type of road, urban, suburban, highway, etc.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Avoid dangerous areas

Around the globe, every place have some dangerous areas and will be great the option to avoid this in Waze.
    To get this information, users can report incidents and with the system automatically flag as dangerous. Another possibility in integrate Waze with public services like https://www.addressreport.com and public statistics.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Users can choose their vehicle type to route on segments with vehicle type restriction.

ENG
    There are segments that are restricted to certain vehicle types. In these segments, Waze doesn't route even if the vehicle is allowed on the restriction.
    For example, if a segment is restricted to all vehicles except buses, Waze does not route this segment even if the user is driving a bus because Waze does not know what is the user's vehicle type, then never routes that segment.
    It would be very helpful if the user could choose its vehicle type, so Waze can route the segments where the restriction does not affect their vehicle type.
    Waze would continue not…

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Folders for favorites

Change the favorite list to include folders and add an option to notify you if you are near that location. This would be useful for sales people or the service industry. You could select folder 1 and then select notify within a 2 mile radius and then when in that area it pops up. Would be so useful! I could just drive around and it would pop up and tell me when I was close to a lead!

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn on the lights alert.

In Brazil, even during the day it's mandatory to turn on the car lights when we drive in a route (highway).
    It would be very helpful there was an alert reminding us to do it each time we start driving on a highway.
    -----
    (No Brasil, mesmo durante o dia é obrigatório ligar os faróis ao dirigir numa estrada.
    Seria muito útil se houvesse um aviso lembrando de fazer isso cada vez em que começamos a dirigir numa rodovia.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base