Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. height and width limits

A way of warning other waze users of heights of bridges or width of restrictions as here in the UK we have so many tiny roads. I've been sent towards so many 6ft 6inch width restrictions and when your driving a lorry this is not a good thing, don't get me wrong I think Waze is excellent but I'm getting frustrated that it assumes I'm in a car all the time. So a facility to input the correct size manually (because they all differ) would help so many. Best to remember commercial drivers are the drivers that travel around the…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. S-Turn penalties

In case of traffic even light, some ways become impossible to cross, mainly ave. with more than 3 or 4 lanes.
    Proposal to include a S-Turn routing penalties in case of traffic in the crossing street.
    This will avoid routing in ways with less than 200m (safe length for lane change is S-Turn even with traffic).
    https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Routing_penalties

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. School zones

I'd like to see active school zones on my map so I could avoid them. I consider the kiddies to be hazards. :)

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add school zones

once it has been reported, start & end time, to have the map turn it on automatically with the speed of traffic (usually 15mph)

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Map scale indicator

Have you ever wondered how many miles long that traffic jam is up ahead? I sure have, but Waze gives no indication of distances on a map. How about one of the little bars that indicates the scale of the current map view - you know 1 inch equals a mile, etc.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Commute Mode

I would love to be able to set up a commute with stops. Maybe ask a few questions like:

How many stops do you have on your commute (kid drop off, passenger pick up for carpooling, coffee)?

Does your destination ever change? Be able to have different commute profiles.

Then ask how long you are at each stop normally.

If it is the normal route, then it will only warn you of traffic slows or hazards.

Bonus- If I am running late, set up someone to notify, husband or daycare provider ect.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. RV Option

Please add an option (it could even be a paid add-on) that allows owners of Recreational Vehicles (RV's) to enter in their vehicle height, width and weight to avoid low bridges and tight lanes. May GPS' have this option, but Waze has better routing and traffic reports than they do. You could even make two options, one for RVs and aother for large trucks

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ÁREA DE RISCO E VIOLÊNCIA - BRASIL

Hoje conhecidamente no Brasil existe inúmeros casos de problemas de uso do GPS que levam as pessoas para área de risco, com violência, vamos criar um novo alerta para estas regiões, e colocar no GPS Waze a opção para evitar as áreas com esta marcação, da mesmo forma feita para rua sem pavimentação, exemplo.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. TRAÇAR ROTA PERSONALIZADA

Atualmente, o Waze oferece 2 opções de tipo de rota: "mais rápida" ou "mais curta". Seria interessante que o usuário pudesse fazer a "própria rota". Em "rotas" > "visão do mapa", gostaria de poder "arrastar a rota traçada para ajustá-la ao meu caminho preferido. Dessa forma, continuaria tendo os benefícios oferecidos pelo app (cálculo de tempo, intercorrências nas vias, trânsito), mas faria o caminho mais pessoal.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gravel Road Checkbox in Map Editor

An option similar to the Toll Road checkbox that would allow a street segment that's a Gravel Road to be checked off as such and would allow for more precise client preferences to avoid both dirt and gravel or just dirt roads. Many roads gravel roads are well maintained and perfectly suitable for travel, but shouldn't be marked as a Dirt Road/4x4 Trail.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VOTE FOR FUTURE WAZE VOICES! -- I vote to get Gordon Ramsay, bring Terry Crews back, and to be able to vote for the next voice!

VOTE FOR FUTURE WAZE VOICES! -- I vote to get Gordon Ramsay, bring Terry Crews back, and to be able to vote for the next voice!

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding on map of charging stations for electric or plug-in vehicles, and the ability to plan a route using them.

It provides the ability to find a charging point for electric or plug-in vehicles, which is similar to a gas station for classic cars.
     It provides the ability to achieve a route that takes into account these charging points.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Voices of Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin

Please add in the voices of these 2 iconic cartoon characters as the navigators.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have a manual option to modify route of travel

WAZE gives a route for fastest or shortest trip which is great in most cases . But could we give user's the option to take a less congested or more scenic route as a user's choice by allowing changes to the route instructions or on the map like Google maps with a drag and drop option.OR better yet allow import of Google saved maps into WAZE.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add "avoid border crossings" setting, just like avoid toll roads or ferries.

Navigating from New York to Detroit, there's a route that crosses through Canada. I didn't bring my passport and wish to avoid this, but if I manually force another route, I might miss out on traffic-responsive optimizations. It should be possible to avoid border crossings just like any other route preference.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offline navigation

So we can use the app while driving through areas without a data signal AND to save battery life on the device.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lane detection

I notice that there are large fluctuations in the traffic in certain lanes at certain places in certain times of day, days of week etc. If waze knew what lane you are in you could use that information to make recommendations as to the best lane for the moment. If you just add a multi lane attribute on a road segment when you are driving on that segment (if you have the option enabled) you would get a prompt to input what lane you are now in, after which waze could use the map, speed and accelerometer data to detect…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to report hazards & closures even after i drove past it. like hold my finger on a location and report there.

I like to report things but by the time i open my waze app, i already drove a few blocks. And waze doesn't let me report anything 3 blocks back. Why can't I click on the map and pick the exact location?

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option that allows routing to be adjusted based on the height of your vehicle.

An option (or paid upgrade) that allows routing to be adjusted based on the height of your vehicle. My RV is 11ft 6in tall and I need to avoid low bridges. This could also be useful to truck drivers. My Magellan Roadmaster for RV's has this option but I like the traffic reports better on Waze.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base