Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.
  • If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information to Google relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
Google may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Google’s current or future products and services.
You agree that you will not disclose to Google any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
Google has no obligation to use your Feedback.

By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Google and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Avoid a specific road

I've seen a number of posts regarding this, and myself have wanted this on various occasions for a number of different reasons. The alternatives (avoid highway, avoid toll, avoid dirt) are useful in many cases, but there are also many cases where they simply don't serve the actual need.

For example, this reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/waze/comments/6vfd6m/can_i_stop_waze_from_rerouting_or_select_a/) is from a user that wants to specifically avoid the Capital Beltway (I-495). Not because it's a highway, and not because of a perceived inability for Waze to determine traffic, but just as a personal preference. As another example, sometimes when driving through…

484 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Jai Haze for New Waze Voice

Jai Haze is a well known YouTube Vape Reviewer with a comedic voice that’s a cross between Vince Vaughn and Jersey Shore, let’s get Jais Voice on Waze, Jammies and all, to bring his comedic wittiness to our morning commutes! Can you just play him in the backround of Waze? Yes you can obviously but wouldn’t it be more of a fun matrix like commute with him reviewing the new Vape Device in the backround and him also telling you to turn your Jammy left?

483 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display address you're navigating to when you get near your destination

Often times I get close to my destination and I don't remember the exact house number I'm looking for. It would be nice if when Waze prompts that you're nearing your destination, that it would display the address you put in to navigate to so you can look for the house number as you get close to your destination.

481 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice of Paul Bettany as Jarvis

After the sucess of Arnold we want the voice of Paul Bettany as Ironman´s Buttler Jarvis!!! Or Vision.

479 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 467 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Waze bicycle alert feature

Waze bicycle alert feature
    For use with waze navigation app
    This feature would Alert wazers to upcoming bicyclist in their path much like other alerts (police,potholes). Having drivers report bicyclists location in the same manner as other alerts would be of little use as bicyclist generally travel between 10-20mph. The bicyclist would need to log into the app and identify them self as a bicyclist or as a bicyclist for the next trip. The bicyclist location would then be shown in Waze as a bicyclist and would provide an approaching driver with an alert. Some additional features would need to…

465 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accident alert

If something happened to a driver and it was an accident, Waze should detect the drastic "Stop" of the driver and after that if in th next 5-10 second no movements are done, should pop up a message asking the driver if he was in an accident, if the driver doesn't answer in 20-25 second, the "Alert" should appear on the map alerting the near user of Waze. What do you think?

448 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Waze only friends

Hello, I would like to be able to make friends with Wazers without having them also be facebook friends. To me they are seperate applications and do not want to mix them. Eg. work aquaintainces who I don't necessarially want to facebook friend them but use Waze. Also I have "real" friends who refuse to use facebook but I want to have them use Waze and friend them that way.

444 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Count TURNS, not distance to the next turn

when people give directions to each other, naturally they will say 'on the 2nd turn, take a right turn'.
    We are better at counting turns, than meters or miles...
    if Waze could do the same, instead of 'in 500m turn right', it would be great

434 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. EV charging stations

Provide capability for Waze to capture EV charging stations and be able to plan an "intelligent route" that takes into account charging needs.

427 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Adding EV charging stations to the map is under consideration.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

11. Trip summary

Can you add a trip summary button to show how long trip took. I enjoy that feature on my regular gps so I can see how long it took each day to get home from work for example.

425 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Toyota Entune Integration

Please work with Toyota to integrate your app with their sub-par Entune system!

427 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What about electric cars

Add gaz preference as: Electricity

this would triggers the networks of CS [charging stations] (and/or connector type) to appear in the favorite company and display the CS.

you could also ask what kind of EV and display CS accordingly (i.e. if Tesla, show only the tesla's CS and J1442 connectors; if a Nissan Leaf, DO NOT display the Tesla's CS and display CHAdeMO and J1442 CS) ...

Lots to do... be the best for everybody!

Love your app, but not with my EV :(

Plugshare.com
    ev charge hub
    or my map! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zMMDqic1ZmQY.kwGWb9COi4A4&usp=sharing

423 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! Adding EV charging stations to the map is under consideration.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

14. Aviso de lombadas (quebra-molas)

Muito importante o aviso da existência de lombadas ou Saliências, uma vez que a maioria não possui sinalização adequada. Fato que pode até mesmo causar acidentes ou sérios danos ao veículo.

422 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To mark street - Kids are playing

Dear Waze Maps,

My friends and I have come across a problem. This problem is kids playing on a community road/street. This presents a risk to kids , drivers , and property. For example , a kid who is playing on the road could get injured by a car hitting him/her. The car could also swerve and hit another car , injuring the driver and/or car. Another possibility is for the car to hit property like : signs , decorations , houses , or light posts.

A person who is familiar with the road usually doesn't use Waze maps ,…

422 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open up Waze Carpool for Trinidad and Tobago to reduce Traffic

Big benefits to bring Carpool to Trinidad and Tobago to:-
    -- reduce the number of cars on the road during rush hour traffic (5am-9am) & (3pm-7pm). It is grid-lock at these times and can take up to 3 hours to get into and out of the capital (Port of Spain)
    -- car ownership is prohibitively expensive
    -- public transportation is risky
    -- public transportation is unreliable
    -- be environmentally conscious to the earth by being more economical moving people

Help our little paradise to become better and more responsible. Help to bring Waze Carpool to Trinidad and Tobago

411 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Average Speed / ANPR Camera Reporting

As well as normal Gatso type speed cameras, increasingly automatic number plate recognition / average speed cameras are used in the uk. Being able to report them & their speed limit, and having a notification that you're within the average limit would be priceless.

409 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alphabetize favorites

It is so hard to find a favorite address that you have saved and would be great if they were in alphabetical order.

406 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. mettre des parcours poids lourds

Serait il possible de mettre une option pour les poids lourds ?

402 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Open in Waze" - modify the Waze code so a user can click and hold on an address and be given the option to "Open in Waze" for navigation.

"Open in Waze" (or "Navigate to in Waze") would merely allow the user to click and hold on an address in their phone and be given the option to open the address within Waze itself.

A user currently can open an attachment in an email in numerous different downloadable programs. The same is true for address which currently default to the Maps app. It would be nice to see the same integration with Waze.

Then, whenever a person receives a text, email, or other message with an address within it, the user would be able to click and hold on…

399 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base