Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

1277 results found

1. Not necessarily a provision but I think it would be really cool if you can make your own icon or be an alien or etc etc

I think it would be the coolest thing and others would probably agree if you can make your own icon and become something more than the list gives you like for sabian alien or b and icon that looks like yourself I think it would be really neat to personalize it and individualize the little icons so when people see you they would actually see your personality in your icon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Passenger Assist/Remote Control Feature

I wish passengers could remotely control a driver's Waze app through the Waze app on their own phone.

It would be useful for when it's dangerous for the driver to interact with their phone or the passenger to reach over because the vehicle is on the move. Maybe it could be implemented by requiring both driver and passenger to have been friends on Waze and then comparing whether their spatial vectors are similar to prevent abuse. The initiation should be done from the passenger's Waze app and it should be possible to request remote control at any point of time,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Blink the screen if the speed is above the limit

Blink the screen if the speed is above the limit, and/or ability to set or save your own alert

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. hungary2

Dear Developers, I need you help!!! Waze is a really great software I live it, but someone in Hungary killing it and it makes me mad! I tried to contact the hungarian team, but useless. :(

The problem: there is a "user" called: hungary2 This "user" is a bot, it show all the forecasted police activity in the whole country.
    As a result of this the very often country map is full with police icons. (every 10-15 kms)
    I think it is a useless thing and just annoying.

Could you take a look at this problem? Perhaps it would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Voices of Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin

Please add in the voices of these 2 iconic cartoon characters as the navigators.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Localized Highway Shields (State & County Routes, etc)

In the U.S., each state has its own highway route number shield. Some states, like West Virginia, also have county route shields that differ from the state route shields. In Pennsylvania, a route like Route 28 would show the Keystone with a 28 on top of it.

A lot of effort is taken in WME to ensure the road names and turn-by-turn instructions match signage. Drivers would benefit by having the same highway shields in their Waze app as they will see on the highway signage as they drive.

Apple has already included this in Apple Maps. It should be…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Universal 2nd Factor Authentication (U2F, MFA)

Waze should introduce support for Universal 2nd Factor authentication via authentication app (not SMS) to ensure user data (especially location data) is as secure as possible. More info on support for U2F, 2FA, and USB dongles can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_2nd_Factor
    https://authy.com/what-is-2fa/
    https://securityintelligence.com/two-factor-authentication-a-little-goes-a-long-way/
    https://www.wired.com/2016/06/hey-stop-using-texts-two-factor-authentication/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi friends, I have a suggestion It is possible to report to the police and camera instead of 600 meters 2 km earlier than the intercity roa

Hi friends, I have a suggestion
    It is possible to report to the police and camera instead of 600 meters 2 km earlier than the intercity roads

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Carbon CO2 footprint

in order to reduce the carbon CO2 footprint it would be nice if you could calculate estimated time not only based on the speed limits and current traffic-load. I.e. set the max speed to 90 km/h will reduce the carbon footprint with almost 30 % on longer trips, you could have this as an individual choice. As example I hade average 4,5 liter per 100 Km on a 330 km drive instead of 6,8 when drive within speed limit 110/120 km/h it take 30 minutes longer but it´s much calmer and less stress.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option allowing your URs to be posted under your username (not anonymoulsy)

It has been said numerous time that due to private data protections, URs are always posted anonymously.

However, many editors use the UR system as a mean to "take notes" of problems during a trip, and then will correct deal with those UR when on WME after the trip.

However, those URs are always marked as anonymous on WME and other editors often start to reply those UR not knowing that those were done by other fellow editors. This leads to a lost of time, since those UR should be considered as "already watched by another editor".

The proposition is…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. automotive

Hi,
    when can we expect Waze be compatible on the Android Automotive OS (so not Android Auto, but Android Automotive as the new OS for the Polestar 2 car).
    thanks for you reply

587 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. user provided layout themes

There are various requests for features of what Waze should/should not display on screen. It would be great if users could instead of just choosing a style, actually choose a (or create) a layout that another user has selected.

Best option would be to provide the ablity to give shapes, and areas that can contain text. Eg.
    - Current speed (can then increase/decrease the speed display)
    - Average wazer speed on the current segment (so the potential speed limits could be shown)
    - Current road name
    - Text/images for popups
    - Destination ETA
    - Destination time
    - Destination name
    -…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Count TURNS, not distance to the next turn

when people give directions to each other, naturally they will say 'on the 2nd turn, take a right turn'.
    We are better at counting turns, than meters or miles...
    if Waze could do the same, instead of 'in 500m turn right', it would be great

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Waze on Polestar 2

Hi waze devlopers, can you please try to put on Polestar 2 waze to work? Once time thar is owned by Google too, should be good an interesting have the two APPS available on Android Automotive OS. Hope this can be true. Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Vehicle  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is there any way to keep Keith Morrison as a voice option on Waze?

As of April 2nd Keith Morrison was no longer a voice option. It would be great if you had him as full time selection option.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you probably know, some of the voices we feature are promotional, meaning they are only available for a limited time.
    We offer special voices for holidays, events, and just for fun.
    You can use these for the length of the promotion. When the promotion ends, your voice will reset to the default and the voice will no longer appear in the Sound menu.

We hope that you enjoyed the voice while it was available and can’t wait to share more exciting voices to come!

Want to try another voice?

Tap Menu and tap the Settings wheel.
    Tap Voice & sound.
    Tap Voice Language and select the voice you’d like to use.

16. Move (Install) to SD Card (Android)

I would like to be able to move waze to my SD card. I have 2.2, but my phone does not have enough internal storage for all my apps. It would be awesome if I could move this to my SD since it is one of the larger apps.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase police warning distance

Waze users are warned of speed traps or police presence only about 600 feet ahead of time. This is far too late of a warning. With a clear line of sight, law enforcement can detect speeders at 1-2 miles out.

By the time the Waze warning pops up, you could have already been detected.

This feature – while very well intentioned and thought out – is useless with so little warning.

3,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Moving map position

A suggestion for the moving map display: would be nice to have the position of your own icon weighted towards the edge of the map where you have been. This would show more of the route you are yet to travel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waze protect people on road

Hello my idea could safe people's life and make some extra profit for Waze.

Imagine you are cyclist, runner, wolker or group of cyclist with kids or etc.
    You open Waze app choose ''protect mode'' option and select who you are. Then everyone who will driving on the same road will have an alert to slow down because you are ahead.

I know that almost every new car has safety systems, but no one can see behind the corner.

Waze can sell and provide these live data to other companies like Volvo, Mercedes, Audi, BMW and they can implement them…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calculate the best route based on both shorter time and distance. Not just one of them.

I prefer the fastest way, but only when it is reasonable.
    I can never trust the option automatically suggested for me and I always find myself checking the routes. In many cases I switch to the second option.
    For example:
    Option 1: 49 minutes, 58 Km
    Option 2: 50 minutes, 47 Km
    I would rather spend 2% more time than spend 21% more fuel...

Most people would prefer spending another minute in this case. Why do we always have to bother going to the routes to find out.

The user can select his preference for either shortest or fastest way…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base