Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

1. Something is wrong recently. Waze giving bad routes and lead me right into a 45 min traffic jam!

In the past few months, I have noticed considerable deterioration of the service. I have been using Google more often because it has been giving me better routes. I love Waze and went back to it this morning. Lead me right into a 45 min traffic jam and never even notified me. Didn't catch it at all. And it stopped giving all route options. So sad :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ***NEED TO SPECIFY AND ALERT DRIVERS WHEN GUIDING THEM TO A TOLL ROAD LANE. I HAVE BEEN GIVEN 2 CITATIONS FOR THIS REASON. $$$$

Waze gave me directions which included the use of a TOLL Roads lane... because I was unfamiliar with the area, I followed waze's navigational instructions and received a citation the following week. This has happened to me twice. I will no long be using Waze for this reason. I feel like Waze should reimburse me as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sugestões

Eu possuo o APP GPS TOMTOM (caro por sinal), mas deixei de utilizá-lo porque o APP GPS WAZE o superou em muito.
    Contudo envio sugestões que, acredito, irá agregar melhorias aos usuários do Waze:
    1 - Para os avisos de radares e avisos de limites de velocidades, emitir SONS DIFERENTES. Com opções de escolhas do som.
    Esta facilidade permite ao motorista tomar ações, sem ter que desviar o olhar para o GPS (celular).
    2 - indicar a faixa a ser tomada (sinalizar com setas) principalmente em rodovias, marginais, grandes avenidas, etc.
    Facilita visualização da faixa a ser tomada.
    3 -…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Thru Traffic

I don't know where else to put this. We have a No Thru Traffic sign to our neighborhood but Waze is still routing people through. We have exactly 2 entrances/exits to our neighborhood and this is greatly effecting our traffic. How do I report this properly?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tools need to move

The images of the constant nav aids are etching themselves onto the screen of my Samsung S8 so I can see them when other lighter coloured apps are on my ph...Doesn't look good...I use Waze daily...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Road dont drive

I think if it be way that u can enter road you dont want to drive in its be easer.
    I explain beacuae i live in israel there is ways that prefer not to go on, like 433 and even the other way is longer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. provide option to use location of user ONLY when "using the app".

There is no need to provide Waze data when I am not using the app. This has privacy concerns and that's why I am deleting Waze. It sucks my iPhone battery and is disregarding privacy. Even Google who owns Waze has that option for Google Maps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. התוכנית אחלה ועוז מאוד אבל הבעיה שיש מסלולים שאי אפשר לנסוע בהם בגלל משקל או גובה וגם יש שעות שאסור בהם לנסוע כמו כביש אחד אסור לנסוע בדרך ל

התוכנית אחלה ועוזר מאוד אבל הבעיה שיש מסלולים שאי אפשר לנסוע בהם בגלל משקל או גובה וגם יש שעות שאסור בהם לנסוע כמו כביש אחד אסור לנסוע בדרך לירושלים בשעות הבוקר המוקדמות מדובר במשאיות צריך למצוא פתרון לזה ונשמח מאוד אם תעזרו לנו ותעשו ניוט למשאיות

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have toll/HOV on or off give same best routes or combine to give best route, does not happen now

Hi, I have noticed if I add my CAV decal in toll and HOV passes I get different options than if I remove it, and sometimes the options of the one not chosen are better. Would be great to get best possible route if HOV passes are added, even if that route is what you would get without the pass, and vice versa. Best possible is to combine both and get best possible. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Guys! A suggestion: it'd be nice to search marked parking places on roads with above city speed limits. This would offer the driver time to

Guys! A suggestion: it'd be nice to search marked parking places on roads with above city speed limits.
    This would offer the driver time to prepare if he's far away from the best exit ramp and not miss multiple spots when drowsy or feeling tired. Thoughts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Viagem em grupos, caravanas.

Seria interessante ter uma ferramenta que permitissem ao grupo pudesse se localizar e ver onde os demais estão. É muito comum em viagens que os grupos se separem, devido a semaforos, transito etc...
    assim poderiamos ver onde cada veículo do grupo esta, programar paradas etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a "hotkey" at the top right main screen

It is SOOOOOOOOO common to find holes in the road in Mexico city (ANYWHERE, streets, boulevards, avenues, high speed roads, ANYWHERE), so I would like to report EVERYSINGLE DAMN HOLE EVERYSINGLE TIME. I have spent almost 2000 USD on tires in this damn city, and if we can configure just 1 button for these kind of purposes I guess it would be helpful for all wazers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Couple ideas

I love using waze, but I feel if you add more features to waze like walking directions, transit directions, bike directions and other features like linking Uber and lyft accounts to your app so you can request those types of rides from there too would be awesome. If you made it able for people to the waze for both drivers and riders instead of using another app would be prefect also. It would just have so many benefits to this app without having to download so many other apps. Then it could involve from there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. iPhone log-ion failure

iPhone 6S plus - after latest Waze update, settings were gone. Log-in failed. Password reset also failed. Had to link and use Facebook to log-in. I don't want Facebook associated with my other accounts. Stinks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. enter destination from contact details or calendar events

As you can enter a destination from Facebook events, add 2 new options in home menu:
    - Contact address: Waze opens the phone Contacts, the user selects a contact (with an address), selects the address (if the contact has several addresses) and confirms the destination address – Waze starts calculating itinerary
    - Calendar event: Waze opens the phone Calendar, the user selects an event (with an address) and confirms the destination address – Waze starts calculating itinerary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Speed indicator, new funnier voices, louder or longer alerts for speed

Suggestions for waze.

1 Larger display for speed indicator.

2. Louder warnings for overspeed. Also make it a constant alert until driver slows down.
    3. More voices and funny

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bonjour, depuis la nouvelle version waze les ralentissements en orange voire rouge sont très peu lisibles, avant c'était mieux

les ralentissements sont devenus peu lisibles, avant toute la route était orange voire rouge, maintenant j'ai toujours été surpris par ce type d'évènement et pas vraiment averti par waze.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Jalan tol di atas laut pantura Jakarta-Semarang-Surabaya sudah bisa digunakan, tapi belum dipetakan

Tolong petakan juga jalan tol di atas laut pantura Jakarta-Semarang-Surabaya sekarang. Terima kasih...!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need pre-fetch off line mode

Lots of people want something that works off-line!

I recently was in the mountains missed a turn and got the dreaded "can't connect to routing server" message. Thank goodness for paper maps.

I would suggest that if you KNOW you are going into no-data land, you should be able to pre-fetch enough maps around you to get out of trouble. This would be an OPTION as it would need to use a lot of storage for the duration and would be slower not as comprehensive but would -work-

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base