Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Cops “HOT SPOT”

Well.. Yesterday I saw cops pulling over people right at the corner
    And the Cops mark is there but only after the first person see it and report
    But what about to make the app learn people’s report and determine this place as a hot spot?
    I mean.. it can mark to people “this is where cops usually waiting here and this day at this time
    You can also add different kinds of background to the icon to help the driver know what is the possibility to encounter them
    And if someone does report Cops are here it will be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. waze me ayuda a saber cuánto combustible uso

Waze podría entregarme información del consumo de combustible de mi trayecto. Es decir, si las marcas de automóviles entregaran el consumo de sus modelos (junto con todo lo que podría abrir en oportunidades comerciales con las distintas marcas de vehículos) el usuario podría escoger su modelo y waze, además de proponerme la mejor ruta, podría señalarme el consumo de combustible (por consiguiente mi huella de CO2 y todo lo que puede esto generar en asociaciones ecológicas), según el modelo y las condiciones del tráfico. Pudiera llegar a darse que la "mejor ruta" no sea siempre la de menos consumo de…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. צריכת חשמל גבוהה באפליקצית וויז

בשבועות האחרונים, גברה מאד צריכת החשמל של אפליקצית וויז. אני משתמש בסמרטפון סמסונג אס 4. לעומת זאת, באפליקצית מפות גוגל, צריכת החשמל נורמלית. אודה לכם על תגובתכם. בברכה, שלמה גלזר.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add method to control number of turns, for city during low traffic, perhaps a button or slider

I use waze in the city during late night to morning hours in NYC and at times I ignore the waze in order to reach a destinnation quickly. The app is great but it doesn't seem to account for all the traffic lights that slow you down with its many zig zag turn directions. It becomes a bit annoying hearing it update its directions each time I ignore its instructions. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wide Screens

How about having wide screen satnav that we can mount on car window screens with 3D style maps and off road terrains

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop using location services when the application is "Sleeping"

Even when the app is "Sleeping", Location Services are still being used and the battery is being drained.

Notice that this is NOT a request to change the settings to "Only when using the app". It's perfectly clear why it's either "Never" or "Always".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. let users turn off "Directions" permanently (instead of having it launch every time!!)

Currently, EVERY time I launch Waze, it asks me if I want to start directions. If I don't respond (by selecting "Cancel" it will launch without me wanting to. Guess what? I don't need directions to get home EVERY day!! This feature is so annoying. Please change this part of the app so that it doesn't think for you (and launch directions automatically) or have the question remain on the screen until someone answers the question.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display current settings of highway "variable message" signs on route overview

Display current settings of highway "variable message" signs on route overview display where these are available as a feed e.g. Traffic England Website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. חיצי כיוון התנועה שיש גוש תנועה

החצים של כיוון הפקק אינם ברורים, הם בצבע הפקק וכאשר על הפקק נוסף צבע המסלול בסגול, לא ניתן להבחין בהם
    בייחוד כשהנתיב עובר ברחוב צר יותר לא ניתן לדעת מה כיוון הפקק האם הוא בדרכך או בנתיב הנגדי....זו בעיה מתחילת דרככם....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Different starting point.

Waze does not allow the entry of a different starting point. In order to do that, you must go to Google Maps or another provider.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New area

I live in a new area. I just edited the map to track the new roads, but I'm unable to set up my home location. What about giving us the opportunity to set up the house location just tapping on the map?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cant use Google Assistant when on Waze

Am a Pixel 2 user. I realized, that while driving around with Waze, being enabled, i am unable to use Google Assistant. When i contacted Google support team, they advised me to reach out to Waze, since i am told this is an App related issues.

In my opinion the ability to use Google assistant is very critical when we are on HIghways, since, there could be any critical reason you may want to communicate to the Assistant to read a text or send a message to a person about any critical update while enroute to home or office. I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Help!!!

I can't find the help topic and have spent ages trying to find the answers on your troubleshooting page. It's very frustrating not being able to get help - no contact email for support at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow scheduling drive without loading times

While Waze is loading the traffic times for the selected day, the user can't select a time to arrive by. In the vast majority of cases, I don't care what the traffic looks like, I just want to set up the planned drive no matter what. Please allow for the user to select their arrival time without having to wait for Waze to load the projected traffic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be a car standard

Volkswagen (in 2015) is known to build a good drivetrain and a safe car, but their electronics has been behind the times. Can Waze become their navigation standard? VW would not need to employ so many people in a marginally profitable area (at best) and clients get updates for years to come.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Feedback and Knowledge Base