Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. City display size in relation to number of inhabitants

At this moment it is difficult to find big cities on the map to orient yourself.

With the text size of the city name in relation to the city size the readability of the map would improve a lot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No ridiculous short cuts

I'd like to see a way to have a check-box type setting to turn "shortcuts" on/off. Sometimes I would swear that waze is just messing with me, taking me on zig-zag routes that are in no way faster than just going straight. I don't want to do this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wazer vehicle description so we can actually wave to other wazers

I can see the little Wazer icons on the map, but I am always wondering who around me is actually using Waze. How about an option to show our vehicle type or photo of our vehicle? If not that, what about a "Sonar" button to see how close we are to other wazers at any given moment? (think sonar on a submarine)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Waze app for Adroid 7

I recently replaced my Android 4.2 phone with a new Android 7 (Nougat) phone and to my dissappointment that there is not a Waze app available for my phone. Waze is such a useful navigation tool, now I have use a second rate nav aid.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share route from web to app

Sharing a route from the waze web let's you send only a link to open in browser. Would be helpful to share a link that will open in your app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a 9-1-1 map builder and editor in Central Illinois. I am willing to do corrections. 309-696-8877 Steve Hullcranz. email steve@mtco.com

I would like to hear from someone at WAZE about updating its maps in Illinois. I am a 9-1-1 map builder and editor for several counties. My maps are used on laptops in squad cars and other emergency apparatus. I can be reached on cell at 309-696-8877 or by email at steve@mtco.com. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze Map Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Safe Routes

I live in Southeast Michigan, but am not from there originally. I traveled to Detroit for work, and the event ran into the late evening. Though Detroit is beautiful, and improving in a lot of ways, there are still a lot of really unsafe areas.

The Waze app took me down a bunch of side streets to get me to the interstate. It was terribly unsafe, and by the time I realized it was too late to turn around.

Please. Please.. add safe routes!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Practical algorithm for police "heat map" implementation

I realize that the "heat map" concept has been mentioned in the past and there are frequent postings about this concept. I did not find in my search of suggestions a practical algorithm to make this useful.
    I think that the postings of random cars on side of road and detritus in the road result in too frequent notifications that are distracting. I do not think that simply adding alerts for every known speed trap is useful.
    A useful modification would be to alert users of locations with frequent police sightings in the past say 30 days only if there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. זיהוי כיוון הנסיעה, הגייה נכונה של שמות הרחובות

זיהוי כיוון הנסיעה ולא אחרי כמה דקות שאשמע את הצלצול "מחשב מסלול מחדש". הגייה נכונה של שמות הרחובות כמו Ibn Gvirol

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Police Officers & Traffic Officers.

On U.K. motorways we have Police Officers and Highways Agency Traffic Officers. The Police enforce the law and deals with motorway incidents and Traffic Officers are there to help with incidents and assist motorists, but NOT enforce the law. Wazers are constantly highlighting Traffic officers instead of Police Officers when there is no need at all to point them out!! Yes they may look similar but they do not have the same responsibilities, their cars are different colours and their cars are not the same as the police. Please put a button on the hazards page for Traffic Officer or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please map the highway on the north coast of Jakarta-Semarang-Surabaya right now! Thank you...!

Please map the highway on the north coast of Jakarta-Semarang-Surabaya right now! Thank you...!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "You have arrived at 'HOME'''

“If I click "Home" to go there, I would like to hear, "You have arrived at 'HOME', instead of what it says 'You have arrived at your 'DESTINATION'". It's much nicer to hear that I have arrived at home. Thanks”

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add voice commentary at the end of your drive when the route you actually went was slower\quicker than what Waze originally presented.

I want Waze to say, "Good job! You found a faster route! You saved 5 minutes. Other Wazers will thank you." or "The route you chose took you 5 minutes longer. Maybe you should listen to me next time?"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Over speed signal

When over speed, the app just makes an usual (not alarming) sound and that is it. It would be better if the app continues to make alarming sound (could be an option) each 10 seconds, until speed goes back under the limit. Besides alarm, it could be said in form of repeating warning message like "over speed" (another option).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Waze road works and and blocked roads

Currently Waze seems to miss many blocked roads and road works (I encountered this problem again in the West End this morning). A bad example was Waze not knowing about a collapsed suspension bridge on an Italian motorway for at least a week while we were there not long ago, so we didn't know we had to take long diversions in the mountains. So could Waze have a 'road works/road closed' button in the system? And could your team assign some people to monitor the media for reports of major disasters etc.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Video sequance recording on iphone

is it possible to add function with a small window in the WAZE app that is recording the time of driving...in case of crash etc...?Would be great ot have like 10 minutes of last driving recording in a sequance...there's a possibility on Android to use other apps in background but that don't work on iPhone..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Start of trajectory speed control is not in the correct language

Situation: I live in the Netherlands, but both my iPhone and Waze are set to English (male voice in Waze). But when I approach a trajectory speed control, the warning is spoken in Dutch (female voice). I've seen several mentions of this when searching on Google, so I'm not the only one with this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base