Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. School Zone

PLEASE UPDATE WITH SCHOOL ZONES!!

So many times have I been driving and haven't noticed that the speed has changed and dropped to 40km/ph. This would be a huge help!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Electric vehicle charging locations

Waze should have a navigation option to select electric vehicles charging locations just like gas stations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Toggle between alerts popping up at bottom of screen

Alerts for traffic, pulled over cars, crashes and the like used to pop up on a little banner above the app. Now they appear right above where ETA is shown and is honestly a distraction. Alerts at the top of the map were easier to process and less of a distraction. If there isn't already, ability to toggle between two options of alerts in top banner and alert at bottom of map

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Avoid areas

During my drives from home to work and vice versa, I would like to avoid some areas because in this areas the traffic fluctuate really quickly
    Waze is always proposing me to go through them, but once I'm in these area, I'm stuck for a very long time
    And when Waze is proposing me to go through them, I am not able to see how is the traffic on the main road of my drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ask for avoiding (or not) tollbooth at the beginning of the drive

I think it will be better when planning a drive on Waze that the application ask if we want to avoid tollbooth or not for this drive
    Because it's annoying to change the parameter or to check if the parameter is already off or not

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. new application based on waze

waze & a solution for improving quality of the peoples environment problems.

Business exp· ++1000 $
    Beny Ronen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Traffic volume (number of vehicles) per road segment per 5-min interval

It would be great to have a real time information about the number of vehicles that pass through a given location (sensor measuring this info) or through a road segment in five-minute time intervals. Such sampling will give an excellent snapshot of the current status, which is valued by anyone on the road. Especially relevant for city centres but also major highways/freeways.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Waze on Adriod Auto

Been using Waze for some time on Andriod Auto and find one area that needs help. When trying to alert other Wazers of hazards or other items, I find them buried way down in some menus when trying to find a road hazard for example. Maybe find a way to put the popular ones, like road construction and others as hot buttons when you choose the orange circle to pull it up. Or even better allow the user to put 6 of the most used notices as soon as you touch it. This way you don't have to grind down…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speed Limit Icon - left or right side display

Hi Team,
    Ability to select either left or right side screen display.
    For those drivers that are right hand side drive having this on bottom left isn’t practical.

Also ability to increase size of display

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. waze will give to the user to select between "fast" or "short" route

waze will give to the user to select between "fast" or "short" route

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give the option to choose/prefer shortest distance routes over fastest ones

There used to be a setting you could change that allowed your app to give you shortest distance rides, rather than fastest. They took it away for some unknown reason. Bring it back - Waze is currently AWFUL for taxi drivers because the app gives us routes that go way out of the way to save a few minutes of time. That's something we can't do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Personalization car

Could be interesting have the possibility to personalize your cars. Max Speed ( sportive one or slower) , consumption fuel cost of the trip

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Google Play Services Permission required

Prior to first time opening waze you need to ensure that 'Google Play Services' has permission to access 'Phone'. If 'Google Play Services' doesn't have access to 'Phone' then waze will skip the start screen (and thus you won't have accepted the t&c's) and you won't see a map (it will be a blank map) and the guest account will not be properly initiated. You won't receive any error messages and the waze app will act up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Vista horizontal

El cambio de diseño de la vista en horizontal es lo peor que habéis hecho, entre la barra de "mi Waze" y la barra de búsqueda, queda muy poco espacio para el mapa. Para los que tenemos pantalla fija en el coche ya no es viable utilizar Waze.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sending changes on map directly from waze app

That will be great, when I could send map update directly from app. i.e When I'm riding with waze and there is roadworks with closed road. There should be possibility to put information about closed road, and new driving directions should take it into account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tolbadge

Als ik een route kies waarin ik door de toltunnel ga, kan ik een tolbadge toevoegen. Echter als ik hierop klik, kom ik in een lange lijst terecht. Handiger zou zijn om direct de desbetreffende tolbadge te kunnen selecteren.

De toltunnel Liefkenshoek in Antwerpen is namelijk onvindbaar voor mij op dit moment. Zoektermen die gebruikt zijn:
    - BE
    - Lief(kenshoek)
    - Tunnel
    - Antwerpen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Low bridge clearance

I have seen people post about having the ability to set low bridge clearance. This is not a feature being asked for by commercial truck drivers. These are features that the RV driver needs to have. The fifth wheel that I pull to go camping with my family needs 13 ft 6 in of clearance. If I am using Waze I would like to know my route is clear of low clearance Bridges!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Camera

With dash cams growing in popularity I think a Waze cam offering would be a great idea. It could be embedded with analytics to try to auto detect hazards such as objects on road or stopped vehicles. When the driver stops driving, the Waze app on their phone could then show them pictures of what it detected using analytics and ask the user to verify/confirm those items. Hopefully you guys can do something like this in the future!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base