Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!

• There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones. If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data, or other information you provide to Waze or its Google affiliates ("Waze") relating to Google products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is separate from and not part of your personal data.
  • Waze may use any Feedback without restriction to develop and improve Waze’s current or future products and services.
  • You agree that you will not disclose to Waze any third-party information in your Feedback that you are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze and its affiliates to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with the Waze Privacy Policy (https://www.waze.com/legal/privacy). Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback. Please note that providing your name is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your Feedback only as long as it didn't receive any reactions from other users. However, you can delete your name and provide your Feedback as anonymous user at any time. You may also delete your comments and upvotes at any time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More privacy required

I know about the anonymous option, but this is not my point.
    I would like to have the feauture to everyone to be only your nickname from Waze client, at maximum, to be shown. So, if you're logged in to Facebook, as I am, it won't appear your picture from Facebook or your name either; instead I would recommend to shown only the Waze emotion and the Waze nickname. To avoid any persuit, identity anything else that makes you easy to be track.
    So, only your friends will see your picture on the map and your name.

It's not just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. personal data access on the blackberry Z10

Why does waze require personal data access on the Z10?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. save and read historic of routes done (from->to->time->km).

Summarize time spent in transport and also know kms of roads to calculate how much it has costs in real for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "more time"

I need more time to confirm or "not there" hazards, police, etc. Why not 30 sec? There have been a few times when I pressed "not there" only to find that the hazard was just a little further down the road.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can you please add airplanes to the "choose your vehicle" display?

Can you please add airplanes to the "choose your vehicle" display?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show as Navigation Option

Waze does not show as a navigation optiot in the Google Navigation System. Other apps, such as, Scout, Google navigation, Google Maps, show as navigation options. Waze does not appear on the Android Navigation option screen.

It should be an easy fix for the Android system to recognize Waze navigation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Waypoint for targets

At enter a target i want to choice a waypoint. For example: target: street xxx at town xxx and over street yyy town yyyy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Post road or ramp closed while not in the area

When road is closed, driver is busy figuring out a way and when ready to post road or ramp closed then we are already away and can not post anymore

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. IOS - Please add option for thicker roads

I am driving in dense areas (Paris in France). Would it be possible to have a thicker road display because sometimes I can't differentiate the purple from other roads. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I need help to find out why my normal route is not given us an option anymore.

For whatever reason a couple of days ago my normal option is now not given us a route when I go to navigation. I'm not sure what happened, or if there was an update. I am not happy anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Explain How to turn on location services on iPhone

How do I turn on location services

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show distance covered and time passed while driving

It would be great if waze can display the time passed and the distance i covered in km or miles since i started driving when my app is running. This can be optional and the distance covered display can be turned on and off using settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamic exit & reentry for highway driving when accident / standstill up ahead on route.

When an accident or stand still traffic has been reported on your route, on a highway - recommend an exit and reentry point ahead of time to avoid sitting in heavy congestion or missing an exit opportunity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add direction to Gas station names

When updating prices for Gas statitions if there are two either side of the road you can't tell which is which. Sometimes they have differnet prices (not often I grant you) and its not possible to know which is which. If you added Northbound, Eastbound etc. would make it clearer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sound for instructions very choppy

The sound on my saying galaxy s2 is very, very choppy. I hear about 1 of every 3 or 4 words. My roommate's phone, same type, has the same problem. This makes it difficult to actually use the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Veterinary Emergency Services Category

Please add a category for pet emergency services. Having an option to find nearby hospitals is great, but for those of us with pets as well, in a time of crisis it can be difficult to find that information. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. self-serve

Distinguish between self-serve and full service gas stations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base