Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • or

497 results found

1. Google Play Music Media Controls

Add a mostly-transparent overlay option with controls of simply "Previous, Play/Pause, Next" - quite chunky without being intrusive, that works with a media player of your choice, not just Spotify. Thanks!

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

2. put music controls on the waze screen so I can forward, back, pause and play my music whilst watching the waze screen

Please can you put music controls onto the main screen. I listen to my smartphone music in my car and it would be great to be able to fast forward, rewind, paus and play tracks whilst keeping the waze screen visible. Thanks.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Opening Music Controls in Landscape obscures the speed limit and speedometer

When using the app in landscape, opening the Music Controls will open on the left hand side, which then obscures the Speed Limit indicator and some of the speedometer.

It would be much better if it moved the speed limit to be down next to the speedometer, and didn't obscure either. Or, even better, if it moved the speed limit and the speedometer to the upper right corner!

Or better still, let us choose where to put these UI elements so we can improve information density and readability! As a motorcycle user, I only use this app in landscape.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Apple Music control like Spotify

Put control of Apple Music on Waze, like Spotify for iOS and Android.

566 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Generic Audio Controls

You only support a handful of audio apps, please add generic controls for any other app that is playing music/podcast/etc. I'd really like to control my music while navigating, but I can't because I use a lesser known music app. I know this is possible because other apps do this, and allow me to control my music with this app :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Control music from Waze

Hi the wazers,
    I would like propose something.
    When I am driving I cannot change the music of my phone from the waze application.
    Could you add a banner to change music without leave the app ? This functionality will parfaitly match with my needs.
    I have heard that you have a partnership with spotify, that would be great.
    Thanks a lot !

Bonjour les wazers,
    Je voudrais proposer quelque chose.
    Quand je conduis je ne peux pas changer la musique de mon téléphone depuis l'application Waze.
    Pourriez-vous ajouter une bannière pour changer la musique sans quitter l'application? Cette fonctionnalité…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is now integrated with several audio apps including Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Pandora and more. Just go to Settings > Audio Player and pick your favorite app.

7. Media controls for carplay

With Carplay and cars that do not have touch screens (or media controls on dashboard - like Mercedes C and GLC class) there is no way to control media playing now. So a podcast, or apple music, google music - whatever may be playing in the background, just keeps going. To control it, one has to switch apps and in many cases, the app is not available for carplay so you cannot even do that. Could you add skip forward, skip back and pause to Waze to control the currently playing carplay sub-app? Would be HUGE.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add iPhone music player for songs stored locally in my iPhone, not just for songs in Apple Music premium subscription

Currently, Waze for iOS/iPhone includes controls for Apple Music. But it only works if the user has a subscription to Apple Music. I have a lot of music that I own stored locally on my iPhone. But Waze cannot control the music player, unless it is controlling the paid/subscription Apple Music.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an music remote into Waze (To next or previous a music)

Add an music remote into Waze because it's very complicated (in my case with an iPhone) to open Control Center, change music et close Control center and, it's more dangerous... So, Add 3 buttons please, next, previous, Play/Stop !

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have music control buttons on the UI or as a fly-out.

Have music player interface buttons in the UI. I use my phone for entertainment and NAV guidance. Having to switch between is a pain.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Music player

Bring back the music player button on the Waze app

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Youtube Music

An enormous amount of people are switching from app to Youtube Musics app just check the toplist.

Please i implement Youtube Music into Waze

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fade music on alerts/notifications/Turn-by-Turn

It would be really nice if Waze faded music during audio events (not pause.. pause is a little bit jerky and makes you lose the music beat)
    I use my phone (Android) as a Media Center on my car, it controls the audio and video on it. I play music using it (outstanding equalizer settings and audio effects), and the fade function is really necessary so I don't keep distracting looking for corners on GPS.
    Also, on my own opinion, fading looks real classy and professional.

Original Google Maps' software does that fading, but I don't want to go back…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Google play music support

Add support for Google play music as a msuic player

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to toggle turn on/off fade music on alerts/notifications/Turn-by-Turn

I use my phone (Android) as a Media Center on my car, it controls the audio and video on it. I play music using it, and the fade function is nice, but I like to use the waze with cellphone soundspeaker's instead of BT and, even so, my music through BT have this terrible fade-off on alerts/notifications/Turn-by-Turn speak.

Please, consider an option to disble that, so we have a choise to use or not the fade-of on music.

Thanks!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add Music player poweramp

Podrían añadir el reproductor de
    Music plyer poweramp?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Samsung music

Include Samsung music in music selection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better UI for wide (Tablet) screened cars that show music player permanently.

The UI Experience with the music player in tablet is horrible. Many cars now have wide screens that simulate Teslas. The player (ie Spotify) way of presenting current song and controls is awful in this devices.
    My ideal would be having a player with album art and controls on the right (since passanger usually controls the music on a trip), with a setting to switch to the left.
    Example:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/drgHCGb8aWsEh2VJ8

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate Amazon Music app

Spotify is nicely integrated into the waze phone app. It would be nice to also add Amazon Music app for those that don't use Spotify.

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pause music on voice input

When you have a MP3 player in the background, the music is paused on voice directive. So far, so good.

But it's NOT paused on voice input which causes the voice recognition to fail. So you should also pause the music on voice input.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?