Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pot holes

When waze warns of upcoming hole can it say which lane it is in

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parking blue zone

In the Netherlands, but also in other countries, there are parking spaces that you can use for a certain period of time (eg for a maximum time). Blue zone parking spaces. I would like to have an option for this in WME so that it can be checked.

If more information is needed, please let me know.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need New Vehicle Added

I was born and have lived in Texas my whole life and I and many others think you need a Truck in the Vehicle icons. The truck you have is like some kind stretch expansion thing. You have like 5 cars of different colors, a race car? an SUV, bus, motorbike (which needs to changed to motorcycle, BTW) an arrow and two things I don’t even know what they are, a crew rider, and camper de la Bubebez ( not sure of spelling) but not one real ltruck no Ford, not a Dodge or GMC or Chevy. We are the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Distance to overtaking section (Dual lane) on "A" Roads

Marked on Maps and audio description saying Distance to Overtaking Zone. This would avoid numerous accidents knowing that if you wait a short period of time you can overtake safely rather than risking overtaking in the face of oncoming traffic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Settlement forecast

Have a settlement loud forecast in front of the sign for example 500 meters. But also 1km before

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase speed limit icon

Increase the speed limit by the circular icon. The circular speed icon is redundant because all cars have a speedometer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Differentiate between area map comments and point comments

It would be great if it would be made possible to select to only see point map comments and/or area map comments.

Area map comments are quite intrusive, leading to a lot of editors switching off the comment layer. As a result they sometimes miss useful information and make unnecessary edits.

If you can choose to only see one type of comment, that would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. P”ease correct address for Casa Benedetto’s in St Augustine FLOrIda. 197 BLACKFORD Way F ST AUGUSTINE FL 32086. We moved two years ago and

Please correct address for Casa Benedetto’s in St AAugustine. Fl. 197 Blackford Way F St AUG FL 32086. WE moved two years ago and your site is taking guests to the old Vilano Beach location which is closed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feet to Yards please!

Please give us the option to select Yards (or metres) instead of Feet for distances in the UK. We have been brought up on using yards for distances under a mile (but we are able to use metres as they are similar). Feet as a measure is rarely used in the UK now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Vehicle stopped on right shoulder/left shoulder

Waze currently tells you if there is a vehicle stopped on the shoulder, but does not have the option to select right shoulder or left shoulder. I've come across vehicles stopped on a narrow left shoulder twice in the last month after expecting to find them on the more common right shoulder. It would add greatly to safety if you knew on which side of the road a vehicle was stopped.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SLUR behavior (speed limit update request)

Hi,
    a few month ago Irad told to make suggestions about SLUR, I took my time but here it is :

In the beginning, we had a SLUR for every request, and there were way too much of them because sometimes there is a lag in showing the new speed limit so people were reporting speed limit that were already good, and also because speed limit were not visible in the client until you exceeds the limit.

The idea of grouping them making cluster was implemented (against our will), and according to Merav last time I spoke with her about…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thank you for this suggestion.

As it was announced in the forum we are currently working on improving the SLUR workflow and user experience.
    This suggestion will be taken into consideration in the work.

So, thank you again we will update accordingly.

Hezi

13. Invisible RTC's and visible TBR's

Add the ability to control the visibility of TBR and RTC in the client (and define it in WME).
    They say they often use the wrong type, just to match the required visibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Invalid Railroad Regression Error

I would put this in Beta Bugs but I know that technically it is not a bug. So I am going to make it a suggestion instead.

If you have a railroad segment cross a street segment and you decide to junction them.
    (pic 1)
    You get an error when you save telling you that all turns are disallowed.
    (pic 2)

While technically this is true, you CAN"T allow the turns onto/off the railroad segment (and you shouldn't be allowed to).

This is a left over error from back when turns could be set on railroad segments and needs to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Николай

Подскажите пожалуйста для грузовиков у Вас есть карта . Спасибо .

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. modify navigation to Bombo Headland and Quarry

After recently speaking to sightseers looking for Bombo Headland while walking from Darien av I asked them what navigation tool they use. The name Waze came up. Sightseers navigating with Waze to Bombo Headland and/or Quarry are taken into Darien avenue, a residential street. I have recently successfully modified Google maps to direct navigation to the carpark at Bombo Beach which is the intended direction from Kiama council and is closer to these wonderful sightseeing places. Please see example here:- http://ow.ly/MBgg50DFXBp

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Selecting a search result shouldn't reset the zoom level

When using the WME search box to find a road, it would be really nice if WME could leave the current zoom level well alone rather than always resetting it to level 3.

Even if it just defaulted back to level 4 that'd be an improvement, but jumping back out to 3 means we then always have to zoom back in at least one step if we want to be able to select a street segment. And even at L4, anyone looking to do some work on point places would then need to zoom in one step more before they…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking into the suggestion  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Surfacing House Number Errors

A nice feature would be to surface the real error message from house number additions. Sometimes when there is a conflict between segments, you get a generic "there was an error" type message, but the back end call has the full details which you can see through dev tools. For example:

This segment: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env=usa&lon=-97.48797&lat=30.16312&zoom=6&segments=48240740
    Conflicts with: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env=usa&lon=-94.82458&lat=29.82488&zoom=6&segments=48240740,511847520,511847562,511847579

When the city is listed as "none" (No City). When adding "115" to the latter, this resulted in an error (see attached)

However, the backend error that is returned by the web request is (see attached)

There's enough in the error message there…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ToolTip for LiveMap

Would you please consider adding a tooltip for the livemap link on the bottom of WME?
    It is not obvious at all what the icon does when you hover over it.

Maybe something like this would be useful when you hover of the icon ( see attached)

By: jm6087
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=307020

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improvements in segment selection for road closures

Sometimes it's necessary to select multiple segments to perform a road closure either for MTE or for a conventional closure. After you have several segments selected, you accidentally select a node and all work is lost (the section disappears). I suggest making a modification that prevents the disappearance of the selection of these segments and notifies the editor that you selected a node and it will not be possible to make the respective closure (before or at the moment of trying to save). Obviously the idea is to give you the opportunity to remove the node from the selection and…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you very much for this great suggestion.
    It was added to our backlog to try and see the possibility to implement it.

Please note there is no ETA for it yet.

Best,
    Hezi

• Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base