Share your ideas: how can we improve the map editor, the website, dasboard,community and any other suggestions

Add route planning to Cartouche

Add a route planner to Cartouche, making it possible to see which route Waze would choose from one place to another. This would make it easier finding problems on a route

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruno D. Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me personally this would be the highest priority of them all, because when I find an issue while driving (or see a report from someone else, without any comment), it would be nice to go to cartouche and simulate the route and see if the new map already corrects the reported issues. Today we need to manually verify each and every segment of the road and try to imagine the logic behind the routing to try to guess why a route went to an unexpected road and if it was just because it's really a better choice (logic wise), or because some segment in the way has a wrong direction or intersection. Going to the cartouche map and just saying "route from here to there" and seeing the result would help a lot to verify the correctness of the map and the routing logic. please!

• the1who commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, thanks!

I have seen some routing feature when I selected two points on the map in the edit panel, then it was gone. I really liked that feature. I would have to agree that it would be nice to see a more reactive process, that would reflect changes as we go. I know I edit a major freeway interchange and had to wait a week or so until it reflected the new change. It is handy for us AM's that have a large sector to cover and can't always make it due to gas/time constraints. Thanks in advance!

• ccoertjens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks krankyd..

It's already there Martin ? in (World-) Cartouche ? in the World livemap it is...

When i do a mass input of streetnames and connectivity of complete city's, it's often very difficult to wait several days to weeks until the livemap is updated.
        I want to test the connectivity 'on the go'..

It would be perfect if the route would be active during connectivity updates/changes where after changes the route gets updated, this can be by an 'route update' option though..
        I hope the route gets calculated in a two way direction, with for instance a green and red line.

Feedback and Knowledge Base