Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. Keep previous history for merged/split segments

Hello!

I think it would be very helpful if segment history included data from previous "iterations" of that segment, when a segment was created by merge or split.

Right now, the history starts anew any time there is a new segment ID, but I would imagine it should be fairly trivial to develop a backend mechanism that, any time a segment is split or merged, merges the history of the previous segment ID into the new segment's history.

This is useful not only diagnostically but also to catch cheaters on the map, who today can split and merge segments at…

110 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. [Segment Attribute Request] Treat 2 Way as Divided

I would like to have the ability to draw a single 2-way segment but be able to mark it as divided so it does not say you have arrived until on correct side of road. Sometimes you may have a segment that may not really need to be divided into 2 One-Way segments but if you want routing to offer the correct directions you would have to divide the segments. In my picture below, the red line shows what Waze currently does (it says you have arrived as you pass the house) The green line shows what it should be…

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

This topic may not answered as part of the suggestion up until now, but it has been discussed multiple times across the relevant teams.

We will keep on updating with any news

Best,
    Hezi

3. Restrictions feature (TBR): Limit access by editor level

The restrictions tool used to be simpler a few years ago. Today it allows to setup not only time/days restrictions but also permits/passes, number of passengers, toll roads and more. With new options such as "allowed", "toll free" and "prohibited" it became confusing even for higher rank editors sometimes.

I've lost count of how many times I checked editors that made 1-2 edits and that added a 24/24h 7/7d permanent restriction on what should be a simple "private road". Or even setup a freeway pass on a simple street.

This tool has become extremely complex and powerful, especially since routing…

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. combine Lane guidance segments

With the newly implemented Lane guidance we see new problems rising up.
    In belgium, beeing densly populated, we somtimes have several entry's or exits of the highway following up on each other very closely.
    sometimes even as close as 20-50 meters.

I would like to have a sort of junction box type of tool to combine 2 lange guidance segments.

for example:
    2 highway exits within 50 meters. I want the Lane guidance before the first exit to allready show in what lane I have to stay if I have to take the 2nd exit.

It's kind of hard to…

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Segregating effective and suggested closures

WME shows two kinds of closures:
    - effective closures, affecting routing and visible on livemap
    - suggested closures, non affecting routing and not visible on livemap. Those suggested closures always have a duration equal to a multiple of 24 hours, starting and ending at the same time of day (on different days, obviously), and are usually created by editors having a layer lower than 3. Those suggested closures result from closure reports made from the app.
    The WME displays both kind of closures using exact same visuals: it is necessary to open and examine the closure, to determine if it…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. POI's moving distance

At the moment moving a POI have a distance limitation (2km I belive?) Sometimes when a business changes phisical place to another place, like 10km away, we need to move the POI like 2km, save, move again, save again...

It makes no sense. Please remove it or allow us to move POIs further.

Thank you.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Added to backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subscribe to segment

It may be nice for us to be able to "subscribe" to a segment ID, not sure if it should be rank locked or not.

Basically, add a check box on a segments panel to subscribe to changes of the segment.

When subscribed to a segment, if a change is made to a segment the subscriber gets an email notification that their segment has had changes (and of course provide a PL)

Among other possible uses, it could be used to get notification if someone makes a change to a segment that is part of the Toll Price feature.

by…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [Request] Map Comments Expiration Notification

When a Map Comment (MC) has been entered and is nearing its expiration (2 weeks in advance or 1 week in advance), notify and/or place a note in the Feed of the expiring MC.

This would allow the editor to verify if the MC is still needed, extend it, and/or reconnect road segments where a long-term project may have warranted segment disconnects instead of long-term RTCs.

If roads were disconnected and the project is nearing completion, this would allow the editor to reconnect the segments and then add RTCs so routing could occur immediately upon the completion of the project…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not move my map somewhere else after an edit

Hi,
    when editing from the feed (closing MP, UR), after saving WME moves to a random place where it thinks there are other UR I can solve. It is extremely annoying. When editing I save often because of various save bugs, and as soon as I saved it moves somewhere else and I cannot find where I was editing to finish the job.
    Same problem when saving, if Waze thinks there is a problem it moves my map to where it thinks the problem is, and if it is a long road, it happens often that the road is offscreen.…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you very much for this great suggestion.
    As we believe this will be solved with a release of related features, we added to our backlog to track and make sure it was solved.

Best,
    Hezi

10. WME frontend should show backend errors

Hi,
    when saving, if the backend fails, it returns a message. But often they are not localized, and in that case we get a generic
    "Please try again later" which is useless because in most case the problem will not solve and the only solution is to cancel all edits.
    Here is a list of messages that are not localized and need to be displayed (maybe not exactly in the same form, but at least do not tell the user to try again if it is impossible that it works.

Invalid street 0 was set for venue ID -100
    Missmatch…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. RTC : ability to add them on current tiles

Hi,
    the real time closure have a problem :

We put them in WME and WME validates them according to their current state in database. But they apply on livemap.

Imagine I have a street that is A->B. Then they decide to reverse it. So it is now saved B->A.

In WME I have B->A
    In livemap I still have A->B until tiles update.

To avoid routing people A->B, it would be nice to add a closure, but WME refuse since it thinks the road is in opposite direction.

It would be nice if WME could accept it by really…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show "Hidden" external providers like Yext

Show that this data exists, so that editors will be more likely to merge than to delete.

When new place points are added as part of a large upload from Yext or some other advertising aggregator, many editors will be likely to reject the new-place PURs because an already perfect place already exists.

If they were aware that there was some other important information in the PUR, then they would be much more likely to accept the PUR.

The back end data script reveals the existence of this data in places. But I don't think it makes sense to depend…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thank you very much for this great suggestion.

It was added to our backlog to try and see the possibility to implement it when we will next use external providers.

Please note there is no ETA for it yet.

Best,
    Hezi

13. Show RPP PUR's on feed list

There is no privacy issue involved here.

There's simply a pin in the map, among many others, but I can't find them like any others, just because category is "residential"

The privacy issues are solved by the already omitted creator/updater of the place. By not showing them, you are simply making it harder for the PUR be moderated, as we have to scan the map or rely on scripts to do that.

So, plainly: RPP PUR's should be shown in feed list just as any other PUR.

OBS: Previous discussion took place here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=249211&p=1774596#p1774596

By: biuick84
    Link to original suggestion: …

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better history for place update

Hey,

in place edit history, it would be nice to have more details on PUR : the only status is accepted or rejected.
    Maybe it is not easy to tell what photo was refused or a refused change name, but it would be nice to know what was the updated fields (was it about adding or removing a photo, rename the venue).

by kpouer
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=284045

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Place Address

I'm not sure if it's a minor-bug or intended, but I ask you to take a look:

Issue regarding Map Editor Beta and Production.

:arrow: When you find a new place waiting for approval, if you click on the red arrow everything runs smooth, but if you feel the need to click on the yellow arrow to check what's that place is about before approving it (sometimes you can't tell just by the name title), notice it isn't possible to change the address... well maybe it's ok at this point before approving it.

(attachment 1)

• After you Approve you can't…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improvements in segment selection for road closures

Sometimes it's necessary to select multiple segments to perform a road closure either for MTE or for a conventional closure. After you have several segments selected, you accidentally select a node and all work is lost (the section disappears). I suggest making a modification that prevents the disappearance of the selection of these segments and notifies the editor that you selected a node and it will not be possible to make the respective closure (before or at the moment of trying to save). Obviously the idea is to give you the opportunity to remove the node from the selection and…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →