Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

71 results found

1. Include layers settings NOT marked as default

Hello, I am almost sure that I am writing a duplicate of a proposal here. However, I have not found anything in a hurry.
    What is a minor annoyance in daily editing and helping new editors is clicking on permalinks that contain layer settings. Unfortunately this option is turned on in the default. My suggestion is I think quite simple to implement. By default this function should be deselected. If you have to send your layer settings (there might be reasons to do so) you have to check this option actively."

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The option to turn off certain items in map display, like schools, libraries, parks, etc.

As the subject says, it would be nice if we could un-clutter the display by having the ability to turn OFF certain items on the map display like schools, churches, libraries, parks, etc.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion!

As we are currently moving forward with adding this for natural features, we'd like to implement that first, and then check back to see if this is still relevant after that feature is live.  

3. Practice mode in WME while logged in

As far as I know, after logging into the WME, the user cannot enter practice mode anymore.
    I suggest that besides "Default mode" and "Event mode", there will be "Practice mode" that will enable anyone to go into the practice mode directly even when already logged in. This might be useful for anyone who wants to try to edit in order to test something or to illustrate some edit option (and take a snapshot of it), and also it is suggested to enable entrance into the tutorial videos from there.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Event edit mode in WME

During Event Mode you only can select segments and you will not be able to edit them. Only RTCs are possible.
    You also can select one previous entered event (MTE) --> this MTE will be preselected for RTCs during event mode. Also the name of the RTC will be the same the whole time.
    Benefits: You only have to selects the segments, enter date & time and therefore save a lot of time. You also won't be able accidentally to move segments, nodes or POIs.
    Also GPS, my area, POI, issue ans script layer will be deselected automatically (as an…

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display Satellite Imagery Year

Display the year of the satellite imagery currently displayed on-screen/ like you can do in Google Earth and what is already have available to editors in WME street view. This lets us know if imagery is out of date when diagnosing URs. Much like Google Earth, this could be restricted to only fairly close zoom levels, which is where we would need it most anyway.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Stop Signs in WME for routing

I would love if you could make it where we can add stop signs to the WME to be apart of routing. Just like what you guys did with the lanes feature. I saw Apple Maps already has this and would be cool to be added to Waze also.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable segment geometry changes in House Number mode

When in the "Edit House Numbers" mode, the Editor allows changes to segment geometry, but then generates an error when saving the changes. It is very easy to unknowingly edit segment geometry when trying to move a house number stop point. When this occurs, any HNs edited after that geometry change need reverted.

Please disable segment geometry changes when in HN mode.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove unpaived attribute from Off-road / Not maintained segments

An Off-road / Not maintained segment is unpaived by definition and should not have the unpaived attribute. We encountered navigation problems to destinations on such segments because of this attribute, so in Israel we don't allow to set this attribute. New editors are not aware of this problem, and think that they should set it to unpaived, and we have to explain it to them.
    Please remove this attribute in this type of segments in the WME, and it will save a lot of effort.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic flag on unused places

Many places in the WME are not used for various reasons: The place was closed or moved, the place was created for an event that has passed, the place was wrongly created, the place exists but nobody uses it for routing. During the years, the number of such "garbage" places is growing, and will continue to grow forever.
    There must be some way of cleaning these places from the map.
    It is suggested that every place (excluding RPP and natural features) that nobody set it as a destination for 15 months, will be automatically flagged, with a reason that the…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show stop points in the House Numbers layer

The House Numbers layer currently displays only the location of the HN, but not the stop point on the related segment. In HN editing mode, when you select the HN, the stop point also becomes visible, with a dotted line from the HN to the stop point. Suggestion is to display the stop point and the dotted line as part of the House Numbers layer, even when not in HN editing mode. (This might either be visible only at a high-enough zoom level, such as 18, or be an option that the user could enable from the layers menu.)

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Only allow editing of road shield if you can edit the segment

I know, and have no issues with, that if you add/change a road shield on a segment it will add/change the road shield to every segment with the same streetID (same street name, city, state, country combination) no matter where it is (even if you you don't have edit rights in the area)

My issue is that I should not be able to go to an area, state, country that I have ZERO edit rights in and add/change their road shields.

My suggestion is that when you select a segment, if you can't make a normal edit to that segment,…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,
    Thank you for this suggestion.

Currently we won’t move forward with this suggestions as road-shields are assigned to streets and not to segments, which has higher benefit in the mapping process.

If a user have editing rights to one of the segments on a street he/ she will be able to assign the road shield .

Best,
    Hezi

12. Add sub-places tab

Please add a tab for places (in addition to General, More info, Photos). This tab will include a (sorted) list of sub-places that exist in the building. Each such sub-place will be searchable in the application and will appear as: sub-place name, place name, address.
    Examples:
    A mall may have 100 stores, all these store will be gathered in the tab of the mall and not as distinct point places, and will appear in the search as: Mall name – store name, address of the mall.
    An office building that contains 40 private offices (lawyers, accountants, etc.) will be a…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Speed ​​limit map error

I would insert the ability to see the speed limit map errors reported by users with the function to be enabled or disabled in the control panel.
    This possibility, unfortunately, is only available for those who have access to the WME beta but it can be free for everyone.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make RPPs a bright pink

Change the colour of the RPP from a camouflaged dusky pink (same shade used to literally camouflage reconnaissance Spitfires in WWII) to a bright pink like #fa0584 to make it more visible in urban backgrounds.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "All Issues" should have an editable area & level restricted (permissional area) filter.

I'm liking the new "All Issues" section but it needs another filter where I can filter out all the stuff I can't edit due to permissions such as areas outside my editable areas and level restricted edits.

I'm currently a L1 and want to move up higher but not having the ability to only see what I can edit, it's time consuming going through them all.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. set none as default when selecting an event for real-time closures

Most of the closures I add to the map (95%) need no traffic event associated with them because this is a minor use case.

Now I still have to click the event field and select none manually every single time which takes unnecessary effort and time. In the meantime I could have added other closures.

Therefore,, it would be a huge improvement if none was pre-selected.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tell us if the reporter closes their own report

(Copied from https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=228417)

Please tell us if the reporter has closed their own UR (don't need to know their username).

Quite often a UR is closed by an editor, and it gives their username in the email and closed UR. The problem is we aren't told if this is just some random editor, or the reporter themselves.

It annoys me when an editors closes URs without comment, as it goes against etiquette, but I wouldn't be so bothered if I knew it was the original reporter. If it wasn't the original reporter, then we could follow up with the…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow choice in HN street name

Hi

Certain streets have a different name or city depending of side.
    It would be great to allow, when adding HNs, editors to specify what name we want to assigne to it when alternate bloc is filled.

Thanks

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  cartouche  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share location permalink type

In the Share Location popup, when in beta WME, please consider adding option to change permalink to Production WME.
    This is to allow easy sharing of the permalink to all users.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enforce better minimum segment lengths

WME currently allows segment lengths down to 1 m. However, editors are told that Waze will not measure traffic speeds accurately over such short segments and that mapping them could degrade the end-user experience. Different regions may have different recommendations for minimum segment length, but if anybody knows the best minimum length, it should be Waze itself. If Waze will not function properly with extremely short segment lengths, then WME should not allow them.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

Thanks for this suggestion. We currently have other features which can account for this, like Roadshields and the towards option. 

Editors should continue to avoid creating short segments where they aren't necessary, however this issue will be resolved by other future feature releases. 

Many thanks, 

Waze Communities Team

• Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base