option to display any menu item shortcut on map
in the menu have an option next to each item, to display or not a shortcut on the map. this allows users to have exactly what they want to appear over the map. maybe one might want just routing related icons, another may want mapping stuff, another report related...its up to the user
Michael Haynes commented
Glad I saw this, as I was going to make the same suggestion. User defined shortcuts would seem to be a no-brainer with a program like this where so many users with different preferences and usages come into play. If it's already been implimented since the last mention, I can't seem to locate how to do it.
"cookie mode" is actually already suggested by someone else, search for "cookie-munching". I also propose another suggestion for cookies :-)
User-defined shortcuts would be indeed an excellent idea. I was about to propose a similar idea, but slightly different (but I prefer to add votes to gain visibility) : have some smart, highly-visible shortcuts display on the map.
* If speed = 0 and no itinerary => display the 2 first favorite destinations (usually home and work)
* If you drive but no itinerary => display the "cookie mode" (see my other suggestion) shortcut and "set destination"
* If you drive => display 2 shortcuts to report traffic jams and speed cameras (see the "Glob" app : interface is really nice)
* If you scroll the map => display "my location" and "change destination"
* When you've reached your destination => display "exit" and "new destination"