Got some suggestions? Enhancements? Things that bother you? (please choose a category after submitting - i.e. Android / iPhone / BB / WM / Symbian / general)

Display/report speedlimit

The speed limit is not only depending on the road type, which seems to be the case today. Would be practical to see the current speed limit, as well as report a speed-limit change. It's quite annoying when I send out a slow traffic report because of lower speed limit.

2,871 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gregers Gram RyggGregers Gram Rygg shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DerekDerek commented  · 

Why don't we just allow users to add in speed limit data like they would any other report (police, hazard, etc.)? Until enough data is collected, allow users to verify the speed limit. I think that's a great way to collect this information easily!

• TJTJ commented  · 

Providing speed limit similar to what is on my stand alone GPS would be a huge improvement. Currently, I love all of the features of Waze but being able to show the speed limit for the major roads would make this even better. The speed limit signs here in the US are not always frequent and with the stand alone GPS, I always know what the current speed limit is.

• JBGOJBGO commented  · 

Oh que je me sens bête tout d'un coup ... merci ! ;)

• vince1612vince1612 commented  · 

@JBGO Mon Waze > Aller dans Paramètres > Affichage > Compteur de vitesse = cocher oui ;)

• JBGOJBGO commented  · 

The only thing missing in this app is a speed indicator. It is really important in France for example and some users are obliged to use alternatives because of missing feature ...

• Sascha KolenkoSascha Kolenko commented  · 

Needs to display the speed limits for streets in Melbourne,Australia, and add an indication if you are speeding. The police here are very bad and don't put up speed limit signs and they have also reduced the speed limits on the roads and give very expensive fines to people who otherwise thought they were not speeding.

I now have to use the Tom Tom app instead of Waze as that app tells me when I am speeding. Please add this feature to Waze.

• Larry BeckLarry Beck commented  · 

My Magellan dedicated GPS has speed limits built into the NAVTEC maps it uses. Changes in the speed limits on the road are very accurate, i.e. I pass a new speed limit sign with a change and my GPS almost always changes immediately. The speed limits are also used in choosing routes based on the ETA, i.e. a longer route with higher speeds maybe selected if it saves time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would use all my votes on this if I could. Don't know how it is anywhere else but here in the US there are often roads posted at a significantly lower speed than is generally used for a given road type; guess where you'll find the cops actually enforcing the speed limit. In heavy traffic one often is splitting one's attention between not getting in a wreck and navigating in the right direction, easy to miss a speed limit sign and if there's a cop between you and the next one... Anyway this is a common feature of most newer GPS units so Waze looks bad in comparison by not having it. I certainly would be willing to enter all the speed limits for the roads in my neighborhood if it would help this be implemented faster.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've wondered if Waze could use the back-mounted camera to notice speed-limit signs on the road, and use them to augment its knowledge of actual speed limits. An audible and visual indicator could be displayed when I drive into an area with a different speed limit, either slower or faster than the stretch of road I have just been driving on.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

it's not a nice to have but a must have functionality !

• TimTim commented  · 

Displaying the speed limit and warning for exceeding by 3-5kmph is available in other apps, like Skobbler GPS Nav. It's useful for areas with strict speed enforcement like Australia.

• Mr. Ralph A. Markwardt Mr. Ralph A. Markwardt commented  · 

Display the speed limit for that area and have percentage of red for the amount of speed over the speed limit

• fep87-z20letfep87-z20let commented  · 

Add speedlimit for France please, like "Glob trafic" !
        Thx

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please, the speed limit :-)

• CoolkingCoolking commented  · 

Would really be great to have speed limit and report speed limit change

• ChristinaChristina commented  · 

I definitely like Andrea Roher's suggestion. Prior to using Waze I used my GPS unit, which has the speed limit for the road and is spot on accurate. I am currently running both but only using the GPS to monitor the speed limit on the particular road. I am in a lower car and often the speed limit signs are obstructed by larger vehicles. Considering I have a lead foot, the speed limit option combined with cruise control keeps me in check. PLEASE add it or make it available as a report. Thanks.

• LeifLeif commented  · 

There should also be an option to indicate the vehicle max speed.
        The max speed for driving with a trailer on the highway is 80 km/h here.
        On an early sunday morning I've seen I have left a yellow track on google maps, when I'm almost the only one on a 130km/h highway.

If the average speed is 120km/h, but I'm driving 80, it is not because of a jam, but because I am following the rules for trailer, and waze should not create a jam.

The time to destination should also be affected by this setting for max allowed speed for the vehicle.

• vmeocvmeoc commented  · 

I went to this website for this specific request.
        The initial feature request from Gregers gramm Rygg is dated from October 2010 with a current 1486 votes and many people saying their interest.
        Could Waze provide an update on this? Is it going to make it in the software?

• MGODLEWMGODLEW commented  · 

Waze does not know the speed limit of the current road, nor does it care. It only cares about how fast cars are actually travelling on the road...

• ThierryThierry commented  · 

I think it could be a real improvement because speed indicators may be difficult to see and it is very difficult to respect the speed limit when it is varying

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base