Got some suggestions? Enhancements? Things that bother you? (please choose a category after submitting - i.e. Android / iPhone / BB / WM / Symbian / general)

Support map preloading for offline use

Add a way to preload maps for a state, region, or country, so we'll still have maps if we lose internet connection out in the middle of nowhere, or for those of us who have limited (or no) data plans.

5,605 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BryanBryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    camcamnzcamcamnz shared a merged idea: Download Maps  ·   · 

137 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HeurHeur commented  · 

require offline mode

• PeterPeter commented  · 

Was in Belfast and started the route to the airport with the wireless in the hotel!
        The route to the airport was OK, but what would happen, if I miss the directions and waze want to recalculate?
        Back at home I could not see the drive to the airport (new area only 1 mile around hotel).
        So, for me waze is useless whithout a data roaming plan.

• Octav MandruOctav Mandru commented  · 

I was in Mallorca recently and when the data connection dropped the Waze started directing erroneously. Luckily I had my old trusty Nokia to pull me out of trouble.

• Mike ForslundMike Forslund commented  · 

Traveling a lot and want to use Waze for navigation in other countries. Would be VERY nice if it was possible to preload maps for the destinations you are going to visit. Well there Waze should be able to only use GPS on the phone without internet connection. When traveling i dont need the traffic information, just navigation.

• PatratPatrat commented  · 

You know Waze is owned by Google, right? I'm sure they'll soon be the same app.

• RobRob commented  · 

Had to switch to Google navigation to use offline since Waze doesn't seem to think this is important

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Anything new on this?

• roro commented  · 

Agree, when i get to my destination off -country i will not be routed back without internet connection. Where can we find feedback on all these comments?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please, I would love to use Waze except that it uses too much data, data can be better used for traffic information and other notifications. It is essential when you get into area that has no data coverage.

• Ramon SmitsRamon Smits commented  · 

I thought it already does this when you are connected by wifi?

• EvandroEvandro commented  · 

A must! For long travels, and small cities, where u can't be online all the time.

• Navig0nNavig0n commented  · 

suggest to pre-fetch or load 90% of map tiles for offline use at time of settings destinations and 10% require data connection for updates at user / systems defined intervals.. i don't mind maps downloaded into my phone.... extra vote from me if you have this .. thanks..

• syarifsyarif commented  · 

Waze should have preloading. I think uploading little data to share with other people, its great, but downloading data in location that dont have connection, its terrible. Maybe that is why my waze always said couldn't route. Waze must have updating data in one country. And always update it every weeks or month to improve offline map.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So the phone operates as a GPS device and replace it.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

They probably have some agreements with ISPs to transfer as many data as possible so it won't be implemented

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base