Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always"

In your next update pls could you change "location services" for waze to be on "while using" instead of "always" as it is draining the battery. Apple suggested this will be one big saving on battery life.

4,683 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Now available  ·  272 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CarPlay Integration!

Please add CarPlay Integration or people with it will stop using Waze for something that works with it!

3,513 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  163 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide an option to turn off the "car stopped on shoulder" warning.

This is the most common warning yet doing nothing more than distracting. People stop on shoulders for few minutes all the time so why do I need to care unless I am planning to drive on the shoulder?? Turning off road hazards does not help.

2,597 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    168 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CarPlay Dashboard

With the iOS 13.4, Apple opened up the CarPlay Dashboard to accept 3rd Party Maps instead of Apple Maps. It would be awesome to have Waze replace Apple Maps on the main Dashboard!

2,409 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Avoiding roads

Allow us to avoid certain roads alongs routes, (toll roads, construction, traffic)

1,090 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    62 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news. Setting to avoid toll roads is already available globally. It is also possible to mark dangerous zones on map editor level, so the app could warn you if your route goes through one of dangerous zones.

6. iOS version - Please add the display of the maximum speed limit.

The user should always see the maximum allowed speed, so he won't exceed it.

771 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already displays a speedometer, including both your driving speed and the speed limit for the road you’re currently on.

7. Home and Work favorite should have "use current location" to add, not just search for address

This favorite is great. But it should have a "Use current Location" button to add your Work and Home. Searching for an address it will not show exactly where the house is, in this case in Ecuador, if it's a new home or not on the database.

696 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. route overview

Please add an option to see either a birds-eye overview or a turn-by-turn list (or both?) of the route Waze is taking me on.

Sometimes I know I want to avoid a particular road. So when Waze plots a route for me at the start, I can review the proposed alternate routes and choose one. But if I need to deviate from that route to make a side errand maybe, Waze will recalculate my route on the fly, going back to its #1 preferred route. If I'm not paying close attention, this sends me back over to the road I…

680 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create lane assistance like Tom Tom.

I have iPhone 5 with iOS 6 and as its a bigger screen and faster chip I think waze should create lane assist like Tom toms. This would be big but could be completed by wazers on editor for points, it would soon catch up. Lane assist can tell you which lane to use for a direction.

677 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit favorites and sorting

Can you add a feature to edit favorites and sort them by name or distance?

591 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Siri integration

Not sure if it's possible, but if there is an API to integrate with Siri to make navigation via voice commands that much easier.

477 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may already know, Waze already allows voice commands.
    Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram.

12. 435 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make car icon customizable

Make the little car icon on the screen while I'm navigating customizable. I'd like to be able to make it look like my car...starting with my car's color. You could have a small number of car types (truck, van, sedan, sports car), or a more elaborate library of make/model/year (I vote for 2010 Chevy Camaro!)

336 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prevent Waze audio if a call is active

With the Text to Speech navigation active and a call comes in, the application will continue to speak over the caller on the speakerphone. Other audio applications like the audio MP3 player, will mute the music during the call and then resume after the call. Waze client should do the same.

306 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. waze should be on apple carplay.

now that i have carplay on my car i have to use apple maps because waze dont connet to carplay. yes i know it's google app but it worth the try. otherwise you losing customers because me and my friends already moved to apple maps just because waze is not on carplay.

258 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Persian or Farsi Languge

Recently I found so many Iranian people with Persian Lang get use to this app so if you add Persian or Farsi Language future in to this program it will brewing us so many new users with to many new ideas.

I will be honored to help if needed as Persian language user.

249 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A button for HOV or non-HOV

There should be a button to tell Waze whether the car is in the HOV lane. 1), it would help Waze better determine traffic speed since it wouldn't average Wazer's in the HOV lanes with the speeds of those driving slower. 2), the Map would/could show the average speed of HOV or non HOV speeds. A Wazer in the HOV lane could really impact the accurate speed average shown (and vice versa).

222 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

18. Add > Hazard > On road > Vehicle Stopped/Broken down

There are numerous times when one comes across a broken down or stalled vehicle in the road, and you end up reporting it as "Other" or even report it as "On Shoulder" which is inaccurate.

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Now available  ·  16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CarPlay

Rentre compatible waze a CarPlay

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support CarPlay integration

Hello.

Do you working for a future release of Waze for CarPlay? That would be awesome! A real advantage!
    Thanks for your reply.

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base