Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add suburbs / neighborhoods / sections

In many many streets in Latin America as in other Europe countries, in the same city could be a lot of different streets with the same name, the only info that differs them is the name of the neighborhood or suburb. It would be awesome if you guys could fit that info.

2,348 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    In the works  ·  85 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display interstate/highway shields on client map.

Right now the live maps can display highway shields with limited functionality. Adding this ability to the client maps (and expanding its scope, as right now it is only partially functional) would really make it easier to orient yourself when viewing the map.

It would be nice if it was an option, as well... so you could disable it (like you can disable road goodies or other things) if you don't want to view them.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In the works  ·  Unholy responded

Currently working on N. America. will be implanted in the world server in the future.

3. Hitch hike - (Carona)

Add the option to switch from “driver” to “hitchhiker” in the app. As a hitchhiker, you inform to Waze where you want to go. When a driver do the same, it will show on the map all the hitchhikers that could be benefited by his route. It’s now up to the driver if he want to pick them up.
    It could be possible to change the privacy preferences for:
    - showing your routes for all the hitchhikers;
    - show only for hitchhikers that are in a specific group;
    - show only to your Facebook friends;
    - or hide for everyone…

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. carpool match

I would like to use Waze to match me with carpool buddies. Waze has a large community of active users, already knows my origin and destination as well as time of day that I leave for and from work. It also has all this information for people in the neighborhood.

If Wazers can indicate if they are open to carpooling, then Waze can help connect them.

There are some apps like Avego that try to help, but because they have such few users, they aren't useful.

Would you prefer to carpool if you could ?

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. red light camera alerts less frequent

I have two red light cameras on my commute. They appear the same way as alerts for police or accidents >>with a request to confirm it<<....every single day.
    For alerts that seldom change, I suggest an alert without the confirmation request. Or perhaps request to confirm it once/month.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. carpooling

It would be great to couple waze with a carpooling app (short and long distance).

A driver, who agrees to give people a ride (for free or not), takes a ride from point A to point B. His route is calculated and defined by the GPS. Then a person living close to the route willing to travel towards B would receive a notification and could join the drivers' route.

This would probably reduce the traffic jams around cities in peak hours.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Waze client - general  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Waze carpool online

I want to signin and setup rides online in the web as well. It is not letting me create my rides online. It is only directing me to use only the app.

I am anyway signing in the app and the web as well. Please integrate both so that waze carpool could be done using browsers as well instead of only the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Очень нужна интеграция навигатора с сервисом поиска попутчиков внутри города

Очень нужна интеграция навигатора с сервисом поиска попутчиков внутри города. Проложил маршрут - сразу видишь, кого, откуда и куда можешь подвезти. Вполне возможно, что многим людям, которые мокнут на остановке, с тобой по пути. Но как водителю не хочется брать на борт кого попало, так и пассажиру боязно садиться неизвестно к кому.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base