Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

252 results found

1. Allow assigning a dropped pin as Home or Work addresses!

My Home Garage is accesses through a long lane way / alley. My work parking beneath the building is accessed from a small side street. The result is that driving directions approach both locations from the wrong direction. I waste time in both directions & navigation needs to be manually ended.

Please allow me to assign a dropped pin as my addresses. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feel free to set your work address from current location. Here’s how:
    1. Travel to needed location (e.g. your work parking)
    2. In app open menu on the left, click on your profile name and select “Home and Work” menu
    3. Select “Set work address” (if no work address added) or tap the edit button on existing work address.
    4. Select “Current location”.

2. Driver's Line Assistant

Hello. Please add the Driver's Line Assistant to your Waze app. I think it's very important thing, because that's one of things which is missed and what would help driver (user) drive right line. Some countries/cities have like 3 curves left and 2 right on highways. So, this will help to avoid problems after seeing/hearing "Turn left".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Circulation restriction warning

I suggest you to add a warning reminding the drivers the restriction day for their cars. It would work as the "child warning", the driver would inform the system the day he/she cannot circulate with the car and in that day, the system would remind the driver while using waze on the specified day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

4. Waze no Android auto

Colocar velocímetro e na tela do Waze no Android auto . Além dos alertas de excesso de velocidade.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!
    As you may know, Waze is already supported on Android Auto. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

5. Ability to report accident for other side of road similar to reporting police

Ability to report accident for other side of road similar to reporting police

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Current Speed limit

show the Current speed limit in the UI. also, add option to get notified whenever my driving speed is X km/h above the limit. (the users will set it)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. User coud select correct lane

In my country (Brazil), there are many places with Express & Local lanes running side by side.

In that case when Waze makes the route and the traffic changes quickly, I decide to choose a different lane (for exemple express instead of local), I wanted to be able to "touch" the screen and select the correct lane, so Waze could re-route and show me the rights options to continue my route.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Lane guidance feature is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

8. A motorcycle-mode that offers courses with turns in place of major roads

As with Tomtom's motorcycle-mode, it is possible to configure a circuit comprising more small roads with turns than major roads

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Traffic jam notifications

For example, I am on highway and 15 km in front of me is a trafic jam, so I want waze to notify me, that the trafic jam is there. Is that possible and is possible to add it into app? I was looking for it in settings, but I didn't found it.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Avoid difficult junctions option

It would be nice to have the option of avoiding junctions that involve you crossing several lanes of traffic that ain't traffic light controlled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep Speed Limit Posted At All Times

The speed limit only appears on the app when you go OVER the speed limit. It's also ILLEGAL to go UNDER the speed limit, yet the speed limit never appears and alerts you that you aren't going the speed limit. Going too fast or too slow are both dangerous and illegal, so the app should turn your speed red when you're going too slow, just like it does when you're going too fast AND the speed limit should always be up for us to see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Carpool lane

It would be great if waze could calculate the time your route would take if you were in a carpool lane. As it can take less time when in an HOV lane, the arrival time given is usually off. For instance, when I use the I-405, it will want we to take the 1-110 and then the I-101, but then it will tell me that the route using the I-110 is slower than if I had just stayed on the I-405. This is quite annoying and so I would if you could put in either you were using the carpool…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Waze for Car Play

It would be nice to see Waze integrated into Car Play so it's easier to see while driving instead of looking down at the phone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is already supported on CarPlay. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

15. Partial fix for website and Live Map

Your site would work a lot better if when you click Live Map, it did not try to show you the WHOLE USA! Either have it open to a .jpg/.png or nothing. Then ask for a zip code or region. It is simply too much for the servers to handle. On zooming in, it is still too much and it will not let you continue to zoom in until the page loads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, a live map is available as a web version, which you can use to see real time traffic reports. Search for Waze live map.

16. Get directions from Map Coordinates

Hi,

My name is Adrian Șulumberchean and I am the developer of Map Coordinates Android App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sands.mapCoordinates.android&referrer=utm_source%3Dwaze_suggestion). Inside Map Coordinates, I used a "Get Directions" option which takes the user to a third party navigation app and navigates him to the chosen location.

At the moment I use this url to open Google Maps Navigation: "http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=&daddr=45.1234,25.1234". Can you please also accept this url so that users will be able to navigate with any app they want?

Kind regards,
    Adrian Şulumberchean
    Soft Stack Dev

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze supports GPS coordinates as destination.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

17. voir les autres wazers

Voir en temps réel les autres wazers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve routing.

Sometimes just because it shows a "faster" route, it doesn't necessarily mean it's safer. When using the app while driving with a ridesharing companies, is very important the routes takes you to traffic lights instead of cut corners through back roads that might lead you to either cross a heavy trafficking road or having to make a turn on a trafficking road/ intersection. Customers don't enjoy that too much because not only it's not that safe but also for them, it doesn't seem to be any "faster". Also while you at it, please make the navigation response much faster; it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use more straight roads

Very often instead of travelling on a straight road, waze often turn into small roads and later exit on to the same road further down in order to save a minute or two. What actually happen is , the time save is negligible, considering the difficulty in exiting the side road onto the main road. Sometimes it take considerable time and danger doing that, especially if you are turning right. It would be advisable to travel straight, unless it is a standstill massive jam. I have been using maze on Melbourne roads and it always try to use smaller roads…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I ride a motorcycle and sometimes I need to use Waze. It would be great if there was an option to "ignore" traffic and do the fastest path.

I ride a motorcycle and sometimes I need to use Waze. It would be great if there was an option to "ignore" traffic and do the fastest path. Since I ride a moto, I never get traffic.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base