Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

251 results found

1. Alerta para acender os faróis do veículo quando entrar em rodovias

Peço a gentileza de estudar a colocação de alerta de acendimento dos faróis do veículo quando entrar em rodovias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Now available  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 steps ahead, show me what will be next

I wold like to know what kind turn will be after turn, basically it is will be great to know 2 steps ahead: for example "after 1000 feet turn left, than after 1 mile turn right", now it is happens only with the closes turns to each other's, and I every time on the red traffic light for example scrolling map , because I want to know what will be next. Even not by voice, but you can easily show the next step on the top (second turning arrow), best navigation systems show 2 steps ahead - it is very…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Navigating to Coordinates

The ability to enter coordinates into the 'Search' box to navigate to them. This would be nice for pin pointing exact locations on the map for places that don't have a physical address.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze supports GPS coordinates as destination.
    Stay tuned for more features and updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

4. מספור הנתיבים בכל צומת שחולפים על המפה

בכל מעבר צומת עם נתיבים, להוסיף איור על המפה של הנתיבים שבהם צריך להמשיך לנסוע. לדוגמא אם צריך לנסוע ישר, הנתיבים שממשיכים ישר יהיו צבועים בצבע בולט, והשאר הנתיבים יהיו בצבע לבן. בנוסף אם יש נתיב תחבורה ציבורי הוא יהיה צבוע בחץ צהוב וכך נבין שעליו לא נוסעים.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! Lane guidance feature is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

5. Carpool indication option

Good afternoon,

I am a daily Waze user, and have often wondered why the app does not have an option for carpoolers. I think it would tremendously help everyone if there was a switch to indicate if one is carpooling or not. I believe it would provide better ETAs and routes. For example, I can take the carpool lane on the freeway, which may be faster than taking streets as a solo driver. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

6. Ukrainian

Hello Waze,

First off, you guys do a wonderful job. I know that in my community of Ukrianians, there is a need for Ukrainian spoken directions.

If there is potential for it to happen, it'd be absolutely fantastic!

Appreciate your work.

Best regards,

Slavik

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! You’re able to choose Марічка (including street names) or Дмитро voices for voice directions. What’s more, you can record your own voice via the Voice recorder functionality – can be accessed in Settings – Voice&Sound – Waze voice – Voice recorder.

7. Match multiple riders to unlock HOV for everyone

In the San Francisco Bay Area, and many other municipalities, HOV lanes require 3 or more people to use. If Waze Rider had a feature that let you request an HOV carpool only, and would enable multiple matches so that you could get 3 people in the car (driver + 2 riders), everyone would save 45 minutes of traffic. That would be a huge incentive to get people to use the app, meaning easier and more matches and fewer cars on the road.

Add HOV matching!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

8. Adicionar alerta para acender faróis baixos ao trafegar por rodovias.

Emitir alerta para acender faróis baixos quando o motorista estiver trafegando por rodovias no Brasil. Este tipo de alerta evitará multa ao motorista por esquecer de ligar os faróis. Muito útil!!! Espero que consigam implementar essa ideia. Abraço a equipe do Waze!! Vcs são demais.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Car play app

Dear Waze, it would be nice that you guys could come up with a way that the "Waze App" would have accessibility to be on Car Play so much helpful for drivers that have "Car Play" in there cars because it makes it a lot easier to be able to see the maps due to that we have a screen it better instead of using the phone screen. If you do come up with the app to be compatible with Car Play that would change the whole entire game for your app I mean it's already and amazing app but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may already know, Waze is already supported on CarPlay. Stay tuned for more feature updates on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

10. Taxi Features / Funcionalidades para taxis

Develop options for taxi navigation such as:
    - Routes that have exclusive lanes of taxi use;
    - Proposed destination by proximity that has a shorter travel time for the passenger to end their route by walking. For example, if the navigation can determine that a point of up to 300 meters (parameter) of the destination will significantly reduce the travel time, this can be given as an option to the passenger.

Desenvolver opções para navegação de taxis como:
    - Rotas que possuem faixas exclusivas de uso de taxi;
    - Proposta de destino por proximidade que tenha um tempo de percurso…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add option to avoid toll roads in certain countries

If a route spans across multiple countries, it would be nice to be able to tell Waze that I would like to avoid tolls in specific countries. For example if my route goes via three countries, I would like to avoid toll roads in Country 2 only, but still use them in Country 1 and Country 3.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sugiro colocar MOTOCICLETA, como veiculo

muitos motociclistas acabam usando o waze como gps e acabam confundindo o waze pela velocidade que eles conseguem ir, ou seja, bem mais rapido que os carros e assim o waze acaba achando que o percurso está bom para o trânsito e na verdade não está.
    SUGIRO COLOCAR MOTOS COMO VEICULO TAMBÉM NO WAZE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to drive most direct route through busy traffic with no bypasses to side streets, would be great for us that use motorcycles in city

I often find the sat navy avoids traffic jams/heavy traffic...and takes me to side streets .not good for riding a motorcycle through London for example, when I can go through the traffic and use the main direct path...perhaps an option to go through heavy traffic routes!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Road Improvements & Increase Highway Lanes, Carpools

How many times have you traveled on a highway with consistent heavy traffic with empty space on either side and wondered, why don't they just add more lanes? [CA-237 San Jose]. Then you wonder how you can get your voice heard because everyone else is most likely thinking the same thing?

Or you go onto a heavy on ramp and wonder, there's room for carpool, but everyone is waiting into a single line, why don't they add it?

Or there is a pothole, but who to contact to fix? Or road improvement, or on ramp, off ramp are dangerously close…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support multiple google calendars for auto-generating directions to events!

Support multiple google calendars for auto-generating directions to events! I have a work and personal calendar and I'd like to have directions for both calendars auto-populte.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Speaking road name/numbers in other languages

I am English living in Hungary. Waze in Hungarian does nor speak the road names/numbers. Since Hungarian is a phonetic language, it must be a relatively standard task to write the code for Hungarian.
    I am not just blowing hot air - my partner is a phonetic linguist, and I do IT. So if you want to get this going, we could provide support.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Danger Area

I suggest creating a dangerous areas alert feature as slums, streets or dangerous areas, with danger degree (high, medium or low) for assault, burglary, vandalism, etc. And the system always warn approach. The user can configure whether you want a route that deviates from the area or not, as you prefer the user.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show map during location search

You should be able to enter a store name like "Home Depot" and be able to see locations around you on a map - not specific addresses. Everytime want to find something new around me have to go into another app to actually see its location on the map. Greatly decreases motivation to go back to Waze after that

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Carpool option

There should be a toggle to designate when you are using carpool(HOV) based on your vehicle's occupancy or if you have an electric vehicle as I do and only use the HOV lane. This would provide me with more accurate ETAs by considering the speed of other vehicles in the HOV lane and it could also change my routing because of the decreased ETA in the HOV lane. Also, by making it a toggle, you could turn it on or off based on your vehicle occupancy for non electric vehicle drivers. Thanks for considering.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base