Skip to content

Map Editor Suggestions

Welcome to the Map Editor's suggestion box!

This is the place to share your ideas for improving the Waze Map editor.

Looking forward to reviewing your ideas,
The Waze Communities Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

85 results found

1. [REQUEST] Thoughts on Live closure feature, seg vs node

I brought this up Jan/2015
    I think It should be revisited, here is the original forum post link and quote:

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=125253#p1009107

"some thoughts on Live closure implementation....Seg to Seg closure is great. But if you have a parade route (for instance) you can close an entire street for a mile (say west to east segs). Unfortunatly it has no affect on cross streets (say if you wanted to cross the closed road from north to south on a side street). So...Side streets have to be closed also if they cross your closed segment. Seems to me what's really needed is…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

Hey!

Thanks for this great suggestion.

In the time being we have already developed and launched the closures on nodes. As you were last updated, RTC (real time closures) on turns is still WIP in very early stages with no ETA.

Best,
    Waze communities team

2. Permalink Keyboard shortcut

It is suggested to add a keyboard shortcut that will copy a permalink into the clipboard without the need to point on the link icon. It will make this action simpler for new WME users.
    For example pressing a key (e.g. P) or CNTRL+key (after selecting the object/s).

by yaacobyy
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=297559

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Cookies of log in

I have always wondered: I open the WME (both Prod and Beta) every day, so why do I have to log in anew almost every second day? I examined cookies of Waze, and probably found the answer.

When I open the WME, the site adds/updates the cookie "websession" (separately for beta.waze.com and www.waze.com), which expires exactly in 24 hours. So, if one day I open the WME in the morning, and the next day I open it in the afternoon, the cookie has expired, and I have to log in anew.

I suggest to increase the expire…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ToolTip for LiveMap

Would you please consider adding a tooltip for the livemap link on the bottom of WME?
    It is not obvious at all what the icon does when you hover over it.

Maybe something like this would be useful when you hover of the icon ( see attached)

By: jm6087
    Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=307020

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Walking trail with one-way direction

By default, if you draw a simple walking trail, it will have just one-way direction, however you can change it by pressing "R" or enable the option "Draw new roads as two-way" and draw a new one...

But not every Editor is aware of the hotkeys, as they are only "shortcuts".

In my opinion, a walking trail should always be by default two-way (for obvious reasons, since people can always walk both ways) or at least exist some visible toggle option on walking trail proprieties to change it with just your mouse.

by KarderGomes
    link to the original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=301929

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Map Editor Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base