Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Heads up Display (HUD)

make an heads up display icon so that the user can place it on their dash and the reflection will show up on the windshield.. for night time driving whee it is safer to stare closer to the road versus looking down...other apps use this idea but they dont have the GPS ability..it will set waze apart from all other GPS systems..and make it look extra cool!

8,595 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    441 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avoiding roads

Allow us to avoid certain roads alongs routes, (toll roads, construction, traffic)

1,070 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. disable popups

Please provide the means to disable popups. I like the flags. The popups block half the screen, are irrelevant, and recenter the map.

848 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to increase font size.

Those of us who see distance fine but need reading glasses could use the abolity to increase street name and POI size. It's one if the reasons why I don't use Waze as often as I'd like to.
    Many thanks

796 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Home and Work favorite should have "use current location" to add, not just search for address

This favorite is great. But it should have a "Use current Location" button to add your Work and Home. Searching for an address it will not show exactly where the house is, in this case in Ecuador, if it's a new home or not on the database.

691 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. route overview

Please add an option to see either a birds-eye overview or a turn-by-turn list (or both?) of the route Waze is taking me on.

Sometimes I know I want to avoid a particular road. So when Waze plots a route for me at the start, I can review the proposed alternate routes and choose one. But if I need to deviate from that route to make a side errand maybe, Waze will recalculate my route on the fly, going back to its #1 preferred route. If I'm not paying close attention, this sends me back over to the road I…

677 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. turn off photo request at destination

The "add photo" when you reach your destination is annoying, and unnecessary. Please give an option to disable.

646 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Edit favorites and sorting

Can you add a feature to edit favorites and sort them by name or distance?

576 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create lane assistance like Tom Tom.

I have iPhone 5 with iOS 6 and as its a bigger screen and faster chip I think waze should create lane assist like Tom toms. This would be big but could be completed by wazers on editor for points, it would soon catch up. Lane assist can tell you which lane to use for a direction.

579 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    In the works  ·  3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Favorites in iOS widget

It would be awesome to see more than just work and home in the iOS widget. I would like to see my favorites listed as well with the same functionality offered for home and work.

559 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a feature to announce or indicate the side of the street the destination is on.

It would save so much time and be safer if I knew what side of the street my destination was on. The address should tell waze anyway so I believe this data is already available.

421 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Open in Waze" - modify the Waze code so a user can click and hold on an address and be given the option to "Open in Waze" for navigation.

"Open in Waze" (or "Navigate to in Waze") would merely allow the user to click and hold on an address in their phone and be given the option to open the address within Waze itself.

A user currently can open an attachment in an email in numerous different downloadable programs. The same is true for address which currently default to the Maps app. It would be nice to see the same integration with Waze.

Then, whenever a person receives a text, email, or other message with an address within it, the user would be able to click and hold on…

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to disable selected alerts. Would like to disable vehicle on shoulder alerts.

Option to disable alerts. Would like to disable vehicle on shoulder alerts. Would be nice to select which alerts gave an audible notification.

328 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make car icon customizable

Make the little car icon on the screen while I'm navigating customizable. I'd like to be able to make it look like my car...starting with my car's color. You could have a small number of car types (truck, van, sedan, sports car), or a more elaborate library of make/model/year (I vote for 2010 Chevy Camaro!)

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prevent Waze audio if a call is active

With the Text to Speech navigation active and a call comes in, the application will continue to speak over the caller on the speakerphone. Other audio applications like the audio MP3 player, will mute the music during the call and then resume after the call. Waze client should do the same.

300 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to Remove CarPool Guy from main screen

Option to remove carpool guy from main screen on the Waze app. I don't car pool so I don't need the carpool icon on my screen at all times.

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please put in place a repeat command/direction.

Directions/commands are sometimes hard to hear or missed. A repeat function is essential and absolutely necessary!

Thank you.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add > Hazard > On road > Vehicle Stopped/Broken down

There are numerous times when one comes across a broken down or stalled vehicle in the road, and you end up reporting it as "Other" or even report it as "On Shoulder" which is inaccurate.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove Passenger Confirmation

I love this app…with one exception of the completely pointless, totally useless, down right idiotic passenger confirmation box to allow inputs while moving. Really? Everywhere else in the app this doesn't come up. Waze is the ONLY app I've use that polices text and speech-to-text input ability while moving. You might as well interject after the passenger confirmation "Uh-oh! You're a passenger please confirm you've buckled your seat belt." but don't want to forget to confirm this after: "Uh-oh You're a passenger with a seat belt on, please confirm that you're not sitting in the front seat if you're younger…

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Incorporate BMW/MINI Connected into Waze.

I'm not suggesting that the map show on the screen, just the ability to report events and respond to questions such as traffic slowdowns. Ok, and maybe start nav...

Much safer than having to look down at the phone.

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories