Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

134 results found

1. Reativação de múltiplas caronas no Waze Carpool - taxa a partir do segundo usuário na mesma carona

O Waze Carpool é uma ótima ideia no compartilhamento de caronas para redução de veículos no tráfego da cidade. Inicialmente poderíamos oferecer até 4 lugares no veículo e era bom pra todos. Minha sugestão é que, invés de limitar a carona a 1 pessoa, o Waze ter a taxa de serviço de 10% a partir da segunda carona no mesmo roteiro, para que tenha recursos na manutenção e aperfeiçoamento da ferramenta. Eu já fazia o Carpool da mesma forma que a ferramenta foi lançada e o único desafio era centralizar a colaboração, algo que o Waze Carpool complementou. Obrigado a…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Organize saved places with subfolders

Would like to be able to Alphabetize save places list as well as Categorise them from places I travel to, Like NYC and Puerto Rico, with Sub Folders as well. Sure beats scrolling through hundreds of save places and places saved showing up in counties your not even close to.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Search favorites/saved place

Would be great if you can add search textbox on your saved places
    or favorites.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. RPPs should allow alternate street names

Residential Place Points are limited to a single entry for the Street Name field. This creates an issue when streets have multiple names, not just officially but also in signage at different intersections.

An example, local to myself, is OR-99W. This is a state route, so it has its numbered designation (OR-99W), as well as its route name, which is carried through every city it traverses (Pacific Highway West). However, signage for this road in a single city can and does vary between either of those names, plus other, more localized variations (SW Pacific Hwy, Pacific Hwy (without directionals), etc.).

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suggest EV charging stations close to destination

In the new update EV charging stations have been integrated into the Waze experience. The issue is that they are treated as petrol stations while most EV-chargers are more suited as destination chargers.

When navigating to a destination with parking locations nearby, Waze suggests navigating to these locations instead in the search result.

I suggest making a similar feature for EV charging stations close to your destination. So in addition to the "Where to park" suggestions, you would also have a header with "Where to charge" suggestions.
    This would significantly increase the discoverability of the AC chargers in Waze, whereas…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search results not close to my location.

Usually, the first few search results are hundreds or even thousands of kilometres / miles from my location. Search results should default to the closest to me, unless I add more details on the search location, like town/city.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a Toilet Place Category

There is currently no toilet place category, there is however apparently a search category for toilet. It would be ideal to create a place category for toilet tied to the search category so that public toilets can be mapped more effectively than simply using "Other". This could then potentially be tied to a quick search category in app.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show search results on map

Waze search results are objectively inferior both in app and on android auto/carplay as compared to other popular navigation apps such as gmaps or apple maps.
    Both of those apps display search results on a map view, with A, B, C etc pins with a selectable list on the side, and this works in app and on the in car head unit display. Google Maps also has a MUCH cleaner "add a stop" workflow.
    This is a critical and basic feature gap that makes competing map applications much easier to use for searching

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restroom Search

Please add feature to search for closest restrooms on route - rest areas, public restrooms at gas stations and restaurants. Waze admin responses to other bathroom feedback states users can search for “restroom” or “toilets”, but this feature does not work. Waze directed me to a rest area 20 miles away. Gas station search sent me to 4 San Diego area gas stations, 1 closed and 3 with no public restrooms. The closest restaurant required a minimum purchase for the restroom door code.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Closed locations

Multiple times, I have been taken miles off of my route to go to a certain store or rest stop or gas station, only to arrive and discover that it’s either permanently closed or hasn’t been opened for business yet (I’m not talking business hours. I’m talking “still under construction.”) this is infuriating. Please allow us to mark locations as permanently closed or have the app notify us that it’s not open yet. I’m tired of pulling into a closed parking lot because Waze told me something was open. I opened the app to try and mark the location as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Saving friends on the app

I want to offer to users the option to save friends or relatives for example if I want to drive to a friend I could save the friend's address and then I will click on the friend's name and I could drive to him or i could save favorit places

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back the Gas Station setting

Bring back the option that you can select your fuel type and gas station brand. It makes it so much easier when you are looking for a gas station in the list.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Block search results

When I search, for example, 123 Main St, without fail, the first search results are for the United States.

I live in Canada
    I will NEVER be driving in the United States.

I literally lose a significant amount of time having to type in the complete address to get rid of the American search results.

Why is there not a button to limit search results to "National results only" or "block international search results"?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Huisnummer toevoegen aan zoekresultaat

Als ik een adres intypt heeft waze een suggestie weer, als ik vervolgens deze suggestie selecteer kan ik geen huisnummer meer toevoegen. Ik ben dan dus genoodzaakt om het hele adres uit te typen. Zou het niet slimmer zijn dat je na het selecteren nog een functie krijgt om een huisnummer toe te voegen?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be so much easier to delete recent searches , if you put a Trash Can next to each Search.

It would be so much easier to Delete “ Searches “ by placing a “ Trash Can “ on the same line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In French, there are accents on some letters. When an accented letter is at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name, it is capitalized.

In French, there are accents on some letters.
    When an accented letter is at the beginning of a sentence or a proper name, it is capitalized. With or without an accent, depending on usage. Normally, the emphasis is on the uppercase, however some speakers do not put it.
    When searching for an address, Waze searches for the exact word and makes suggestions, ignoring capital letters without accents when there is one in lowercase.
    Many users search in lowercase, while the names of the tracks include uppercase letters, which distorts the results.
    Example: "Rue des Ecoles" will not be proposed for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show Waze result when searching full road name

Currently if you search the full road suffix instead of the abbreviated one (e.g. Street instead of St, or Road instead of Rd) it will only show Google results and not Waze ones since the roads names are abbreviated when mapped. This can lead to the Wazer not finding roads if they are not mapped in Google Maps or being routed poorly.

Waze should instead recognise the full name of an abbreviated name and continue to show Waze results.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More gas stations listed

Gas stations beyond Exprezit need to be listed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Avoid part of route.

Please add an option to avoid a part of a route that you don't like. For example, if you like the route that Waze choose for you, but there is just one road you don't want to use, put the option to click on that road and have Waze route you around that road. Also add an option to avoid a road block. So if you come up to a road block, just click that button and it will route you around it. Otherwise, this APP is the best GPS I've seen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Test stops

Be able to search for nearest rest stops on the highway, not necessarily fuel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base