Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search of Favorites will be easy, if they are automatically save in alphabetical order.

I have to travel frecuently, so I save my favorites using first three letters for the city and then the name of the location. Will be easy to find them if waze show my favorites in alphabetical order.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [iPhone] Show compass on screen at all times

Very handy to see the compass direction on the screen to get a sense of direction when the map is oriented to the direction you're heading in. Currently you can only see this by touching the screen to bring up the compass button. If it was a small permanent icon over the top right corner of the map it would be a huge help.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to "drop a pin" at current location and add to favorites

It'd be good to be able to drop a pin at current location and give it a name and add it to favorites. The current method of having to do addresses or POI searches is not always workable--especially on small form-factor devices.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put current speed on CarPlay Waze

CarPlay Waze is missing the current speed that appears on iPhone only Waze. Please put the current speed on either the iPhone screen or CarPlay screen. Thanks

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When approaching destination, it would be nice if waze said "destination will be on the left" or destination will be on the right"

When approaching destination, it would be nice if waze said "destination will be on the left" or destination will be on the right"

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Stop running in the background" switch on iOS

Hi. I found that Waze continues to run and use GPS and 3G signal while backgrounded on the iPhone. This is catastrophic in our country for two reasons: 1. It keeps the phone very hot. 2. it uses data at about 0.15 USD/MB, thereby ticking down your data and using up your money. You have to explicitly turn it off or explicitly quit the app. There should be a switch that says, and is by default, set to "Do not run or use data or GPS in the background". My experience: I used Waze to get to a destination. I…

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Favorite Addresses Alphabetical Sort

How can we do alphabetical sort of our Favorite? It is really required to find addresses we saved faster. Thanks

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. limit left turns

In LA it can take forever to make a left turn so I try to avoid them whenever possible but often Waze seems to like me making tons of them when only one is necessary (and the difference in time is minimal). Can we limit the left turns?

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Destination location

If when navigating waze told you whether your destination was on the right or left side of the street would help. Also the lane assistant would be nice.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Display the road speed, ie at 60 mph on the iphone screen for every road. I need to know what the road speed limits are for every section.

Display the road speed, ie at 60 mph on the iphone screen for every road. I need to know what the road speed limits are for every section.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set screen rotation within app

Add a display option to specify screen rotation behavior (e.g., normal, portrait, left, or right), so I don't have to change the system settings to keep Waze behaving the way I want. For example, I like having screen rotation for my photos and browser, but I want Waze to always stay in portrait mode (not rotating the display when I turn a corner).

In Objective C, adding a preferred screen rotation behavior like this is very easy.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Reroute Notification

Remove the chirp or give me an option to disable the chirp for reroute notifications.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow a longer delay before voice prompts

When using my iPhone with bluetooth handsfree kit, I miss the first word of each prompt while the kit detects bluetooth audio and mutes my radio in the car. Please increase delay between starting the announcement (or add a selectable option to do so) to overcome this problem.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. TV-out mirroring

Enable TV-out mirroring so you can display waze on your build in navigation unit.
    For iPhone a simple open source library can be included : http://www.touchcentric.com/blog/archives/123

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    On the roadmap  ·  1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lockscreen Route View

After using the new maps on iOS 6 I could only come up with a little amount of good new features the maps app has. The most helpful one is that the route you are following is displayed on our lock screen, so you can lock your cellphone to avoid people to use your phone while using the gps to get to a please, and also to save some battery. So adding this feature of showing the route on the iPhone would be a great idea, just by the fact that on the road you want to have the information…

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Audio alerts without voice guidance

For routine drives (to and from work), I don't want voice guidance, but I would still like to get audio alerts for traffic issues, etc. There should be an option to enable voice alerts without voice guidance.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for a Maximum Speed setting to be used for ETA calculations.

Currently, ETA is calculated using the average speed of Waze users along a route. There are many, for various reasons, who do by choice or necessity drive below some maximum speed. For purposes of ETA calculation for a Navigation route, having the option of setting a MAXIMUM SPEED for the route will help those of us who drive below a given maximum speed see a more realistic ETA.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A real-time weather overlay - live radar maps for weather conditions along a planned route

Why is a real-time weather overlay not available on any generally available GPS navigation app? This would allow us to see real time weather map data/weather conditions overlaid along our planned routes so we can decide whether to re-route, stop for a while, avoid hail/tornadic weather, etc. It seems that this should have been available along time ago. To me it would be a feature that I would pay for if necessary.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base