Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome! Thanks for your interest in improving Waze.

There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions before adding new ones.

• If you agree with a suggestion, vote to show your support and use the comment section to add to the idea.
  • When beginning a new suggestion, be sure to select a category so it can be sent to the right team.

This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, visit our help center.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A real-time weather overlay - live radar maps for weather conditions along a planned route

Why is a real-time weather overlay not available on any generally available GPS navigation app? This would allow us to see real time weather map data/weather conditions overlaid along our planned routes so we can decide whether to re-route, stop for a while, avoid hail/tornadic weather, etc. It seems that this should have been available along time ago. To me it would be a feature that I would pay for if necessary.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Reroute Notification

Remove the chirp or give me an option to disable the chirp for reroute notifications.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Destination location

If when navigating waze told you whether your destination was on the right or left side of the street would help. Also the lane assistant would be nice.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set screen rotation within app

Add a display option to specify screen rotation behavior (e.g., normal, portrait, left, or right), so I don't have to change the system settings to keep Waze behaving the way I want. For example, I like having screen rotation for my photos and browser, but I want Waze to always stay in portrait mode (not rotating the display when I turn a corner).

In Objective C, adding a preferred screen rotation behavior like this is very easy.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add weather

Please add an optional weather overlay. Also, please add weather warnings in the area and/or on a planned route.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lockscreen Route View

After using the new maps on iOS 6 I could only come up with a little amount of good new features the maps app has. The most helpful one is that the route you are following is displayed on our lock screen, so you can lock your cellphone to avoid people to use your phone while using the gps to get to a please, and also to save some battery. So adding this feature of showing the route on the iPhone would be a great idea, just by the fact that on the road you want to have the information…

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow a longer delay before voice prompts

When using my iPhone with bluetooth handsfree kit, I miss the first word of each prompt while the kit detects bluetooth audio and mutes my radio in the car. Please increase delay between starting the announcement (or add a selectable option to do so) to overcome this problem.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for a Maximum Speed setting to be used for ETA calculations.

Currently, ETA is calculated using the average speed of Waze users along a route. There are many, for various reasons, who do by choice or necessity drive below some maximum speed. For purposes of ETA calculation for a Navigation route, having the option of setting a MAXIMUM SPEED for the route will help those of us who drive below a given maximum speed see a more realistic ETA.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Banner notifications

I would be great if a banner notification would show if the app was running in the background and a turn was approaching. Apple maps does this, and if Waze did it, there would be no reason to use Apple maps ever again.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Display current location GPS Coordinates and share them with friends

when it comes to navigation gps coordinates play an important role as it pin points the location you want other's to know if all else fails, like street names and landmark. Everything will change but not gps coordinates

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

GPX import so we can navigate nice roads with a motorbike

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Toll roads

When entering in a destination, please put the toll roads option there instead of in the settings. I am a driver in New York City. All day long, I would need to go into settings and check/uncheck toll roads. When I drive a passenger, of course, all the toll roads are taken, but when returning, I avoid as much as possible. Please change the tolls feature to somewhere when entering in the destination. Thank you

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Starbucks or other fav chain on my way?

It would be great of you could add a store, restaurant, or other chain name (Starbucks!!) to a list of favorite stops so that try show up along pr near your route!!!

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add DUI check point report button

Add a DUI check point alert, report button that is seperate from police reports. This can be linked with online area reports plus waze drivers can report. But it would help if could say which direction on the street the checkpoint is set up on.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to automatically disable WiFi

When transitioning from WiFi to 3G or vice versa, Waze often loses a connection and becomes useless, requiring us to restart the app. I imagine this would be a problem for anyone who drives by a wireless network that they use often (home, work, school, etc.) This could be avoided by giving the user the option to automatically disable WiFi connections within Waze. This option would prevent users from having to disable WiFi before starting Waze every time.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  iPhone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Place Photos

To report a Place via the client, the user is required to first take a photo before entering any details.

This process should be changed as it:

• discourages Wazers from adding a Place if it is dark/raining or other factors prevent them from taking a satisfactory photo, and;

• results in ineffective photos (blurry, dark, inappropriate) being added which do not fulfil the intended purpose of assisting other Wazers to identify the Place.

Making Photos optional when adding a Place, and adding the ability to upload from the Camera Roll/Computer/etc, would improve the Waze map by enabling Wazers to add Places…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Randy Marsh (South Park) navigation voice.

Hi, if you could make a Randy Marsh from South Park navigation voice, it'll be one of the very few things you could do, to improve Waze.
    Thank you for one of the best apps/navigation service I have ever seen :)

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Zoom button in landscape orientation

The zoom button doesn't appear in landscape orientation, just in portrait (when users tap the screen). It appeared in Waze's old look, but with the update (some monts ago), developers made it disappear, I can't guess why. Please, bring it back in landscape orientation.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dash Cam

Please consider adding a dash cam option. I use a LifeProof case and suction mount. The camera could work as a dash cam.

I would suggestion a 5 minute (or settable time length option). It could cycle through as a loop so the memory is not used up. An option of telling Waze to load up a clip then start a new loop would work well. Also, you could have this option start with motion and stop after a pre-assigned time after motion stops (so it does not stop at lights, drive-thru, etc.).

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Voltem com os alertas!!!

Voltem com os alertas o campo onde apareciam todos os alertas não aparece mais

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Waze Suggestion Box

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base