Push questions to communicate with drivers
A suggestion to enable Push questions (PQ’s) to communicate with drivers in order to solve map problems
I thought it would be really great if Area managers would be able to send PQ’s to drivers in order to get their help in resolving map problems.
• If I get a UR (in an area with low traffic) suggesting that a right turn isn’t enabled anymore and I want to verify this I might need to wait a long time until someone else will send an additional UR.
• Or if a road is suspected to be closed and I want to verify it before issuing an RT closure.
In such cases I would issue a PQ in WME.
This PQ would be sent to drivers (who marked in the application that they are willing to get such PQ’s):
• In the area
• In a route crossing the location
• In a route not crossing the location but suggesting them a small re-route to check the issue.
There are many variants on how to realize this suggestion. For example it could be realized by enabling a pre-defined set of questions in WME were you only need to update street names.
Also in order not to disturb drivers too much they can set in the application how many such PQ’s they are willing to get in one day / route.
Is this idea something that Waze devs are thinking about?
Is it on the list of future developments?
Link to original suggestion: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1525&t=220636
I would participate in this
AdminWaze Team (Admin) (Admin, Waze) commented
I thought of the very same thing 6 months ago and submitted it to Centercode (the platform used to discuss the beta version of the App): SUG-1647
I had listed these use cases there, based on some issues I experienced just the week before the suggestion:
- Editors know there's an event taking place at a certain road, but are unsure which roads are actually closed
- A road sign could not be read on Street View and no other source is available
- Someone added a weird road by using the paving function, confirmation is needed, but it doesn't show up (yet) on satellite imagery
- Road closures are popping up on the livemap, but the editor can't find any event in the area
A bit of discussion about when to alert drivers has also taken place there. I think it's best to notify the user of the question when he plans his route and not halfway his route (unless perhaps when standing still). I had proposed to ask the user the question after the trip, but then they most likely won't remember the local situation.