Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

252 results found

1. Location

Create an 'Add My Location' option.

Not all locations actually have an address to use so, having an 'Add My Location' would be immensely beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news! The feature about setting your current location is now available in Waze. Install the latest app version to check it out.

2. Support for Motorcycles - motorcycles are impacted differently and in a busy city like London the Waze information becomes meaningless

You really should add differentiation for Motorcycles - I love Waze for my car but in a city like London the traffic flow is vastly different on a motorcycle and Waze becomes silly, making unnecessary wide deviations when I could take a direct route. It would be a massive step forward.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Empedrado

Habilitar opción para evitar tramos largos en calles de empedrado ya que resulta una experiencia incómoda de viaje

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Licence Plate

To insert the Licence Plate (optional) in order to register which car was in some route in some time (historic tracks).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

5. Please add the option to insert a hidden radar police alert along with text message because police hide the radars in normal parked cars

Please add the option to insert a hidden radar police alert along with a short text message (or even a 3 seconds voice message) because police hides the radars in normal parked cars. So you drive normally and suddenly the restriciton is 40km/hrs it is a horrible habbit of police in Romania to hide radars in normal unmarked cars parked between normal cars , then 1 km after, other police will stop you and take your driver license and money. And this happens on wide long bullevards with no problems on it, they just want to take your money. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would be cool if there was a "motorcycle" mode

Would be cool if there was a "motorcycle" mode which prioritized freeway driving (and gives even higher priority to any freeways with a carpool or express lane), or at least try not to make you go through a bunch of hoops to go around traffic. sadly I was listening what waze told me to do...getting on and off fwy and taking sidestreets, my journey took twice as long as had i ignored waze and stayed on freeway. But having a motorcycle mode would be great in getting better ETA, and make sure it doesn't "corrupt" others ETA, It be great…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A navigation app with no compass is beyond stupid.

Why this thing still doesn't have a compass is beyond me. It's 2018 and you people dont know how to add a compass to a GPS app? The compass also should be turned on by default. Please don't make us go crazy searching through a ton of menus just to turn the damn thing on.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default compass is displayed on screen tap.

To always show it go to Settings – Map display – Quick access – Always on

In Map display settings it is also possible to lock North.

8. Has Waze ended its feature in Costa Rica to avoid the license plate restriction zone around San Jose?

Reinstate feature in Costa Rica that allows drivers to list the last two numbers of their license plates to avoid the restricted zone around San Jose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze already takes license plate restrictions into account, in many parts of the world. To enable this feature, add your license plate details under Settings > Car details > License plate.

9. Show cost of travel (toll + fuel + maybe parking values).

When choosing a destination and between different paths, toll routes could have the cost of those tolls.
    As an additional feature it could calculate fuel cost (having the car/engine information, average speed and total distance).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

10. Switch button for Moto / Car mode

You developed a Moto Mode for France and it works well !! Thanks a lot for this !!

I often switch between my bike and my car and when I use waze, I have to switch from one mode to another in the settings which requires some clicks. It would be great if we could have a switch mode such as the alert one (active sound, alerts only, none) !!

Thanks a lot

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if Waze would stop giving voice advises when I’m using Google assistant.

Please mute navigation instructions when Google assistant is active. Otherwise assistant picks up also navigation instructions as assistant commands

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! Waze will soon support Google Assistance voice control. To know more about this feature, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

12. Make the speed limit bigger and permanently visible on screen. I don’t like having to make it appear by driving a little faster

Can you make the speed limit stay on permanently. And bigger. It’s too small and takes a number of seconds (eyes off road seconds) to glance down looking for it. When unsure of the speed limit in areas where it changes a lot then the only way to make it appear is to drive faster and look for what point it flashes up. This is not safe. I would love it to just be there all of the time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Now available  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Waze in Android Auto currently offers HOV routes however it lacks the HOV icon

Add the HOV icons found in the normal app to the routes suggested when using Android Auto. Currently they are not shown even when the route uses them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze offers HOV routing for taxis. To change your vehicle type go to Settings > Vehicle type. There are currently no plans to add more HOV options.

14. Inclusão do valor em pedágios em determinada rota!

Olá.
    Não sei se já sugeriram isso: acredito que, além do tempo e distância, muitos motoristas também avaliam o custo do pedágio em suas viagens. Creio que a informação de quantos pedágios e o total gasto com eles em determinadas rotas seria de grande utilidade. Aqui no RJ, por exemplo, pode-se ir a Cachoeiras de Macacu pela BR-116/RJ-122/RJ-116, ou pela BR-101/RJ-116, com condição de tempo/distância relativamente iguais; mas na primeira opção se gasta R$18,10 em 1 praça de pedágio, e na segunda se gasta R$9,70 em 2 praças.
    A atualização poderia ser feita por editores de nível alto, e não…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! As you may know, Waze calculates and displays toll prices in many parts of the world. To know when this becomes available in your country, stay tuned on Waze’s social pages on Facebook and Instagram

15. Speed Limit Change Alert

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a voice alert of speed limit changes. I am on the highway all the time and the speed limit constantly changes. It would be helpful if the voice would say “Speed limit has increased” or “Speed limit has decreased”. I got a ticket because I thought I was still in a 75mph speed zone and I didn’t realize it changed to 55mph. Yes the image of speed limit changes accordingly but a nice voice alert would be extremely BENEFICIAL!! Thank you!!!

273 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Waze for Learning conductors

Hi, in France and may be in other countries, learning driver have dedicated speed limits to respect, have to learn with parents during few month and cumulated kilometer to do in a duration.

Is Waze could support theses features ?

Thanks a lot,

Hugo Cholat

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "difficult intersection"

Left turns might get complicated!
    When waze trying to give me a better route, it might make it even worse. For example, waze trying to avoid traffic created by traffic light on the major intersection, so it will give me a route through the empty street with a left turn and no traffic light to a road where traffic is high. So I end up waiting when I get a chance to turn left even longer then if it would be with a traffic light. Some new drivers also can be under danger while making such complicated turn to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prices of highway tollbooth in México

Describe the costs of the tollbooth in all Mexico to have the budget of the trip like the app "Traza tu ruta" with the link showed below http://app.sct.gob.mx/sibuac_internet/ControllerUI?action=cmdEscogeRuta

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed limit on

would it be possible to add if there is a speed limit in a public works.
    Is it possible to add the start and end of a public works?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base