A function to enter my vehicle top speed. Eg trucks, buses, mopeds can not run at speed limits. Hence eta will not be accurate.
I would like a function to enter my vehicle top speed. Eg trucks, buses, mopeds can not run at speed limits. Hence eta will not be accurate.
Mihai Pora commented
same experience for me : offroad cars, small capacity motorcycles, caravans, regular cars pulling trailers , all have a top speed lower than maximum allowed by the roads.
- 250 cc motorcycle has a 120km/h top speed. It can go full speed on regular roads, but won't reach highway speeds of 130-140km/h .
- offroad vehicle : recommended driving speed 80km/h . You don't drive those fast on highways because it wears out tires fast and it's noisy.
- trailers : when attaching a trailer to the car, one needs to reduce the speed, but we don't always drive with a trailer attached.
Sam Pos commented
Yes, this is a very necessary feature. It doesn't need a lot of space but this option would be extremely useful to a lot people.
..or an RV! It would be super!
Routes for 49cc which aren't allowed on roads with speed limits above 70km/h
I know you can change your vehicle type to motorcycle but I want to use the app with a 50cc moped.
This presents a few different challenges than that faced by other motorcyclists.
1. Inability to use Freeways/Motorways - This is overcome by setting 'avoid freeways' in settings.
2. Reduced top speed. Trip times are natually increased due to the reduced top speed of these machines making the app's timings very inaccurate.
3. Wishing to avoid faster roads. As a moped rider, I try to avoid faster non-freeway roads for the same reason as moped riders are excluded from freeways by legislation.
So, what I'd like to see in Waze, is either Moped added to the vehicle type list to take into account the issues above or minor setting added to the Motorcycle vehicle type so that top speed can be configured and the ability to avoid other major roads based on their speed limits.
This would make for safer route planning and more accurate trip times/ETAs. This would also greatly enhance the user experience for Moped riders.
I can't use Waze on my moped because there's a big 55 mph 4 lane road right next to me. On a car, it's fine. But on a scooter I'm going 30-40 and that's far too low to be anywhere near that road. If I could put in a speed limit and have Waze calculate my optimal route without going over that limit, hopefully it would figure out that the 55mph road is too fast and route me around it.
John Eriksson commented
YES! One of my cars doesn't go any faster than 100 km/h so it's constantly calculating wrong ETA, wrong routes and in some cases I leave a yellow trail for others. My other car is faster, but Waze doesn't know which car I use.
This would also be very useful for all of the thousands of truck drivers. Or if you have a trailer.