Waze is super useful in car over my cellphone (iPhone)
However, once plugged into my car with CarPlay, the experience is worst that ever. In fact, the CarPlay interface of the app does not support all functions offered in the mobile version such as :
1. Unable to signify a fixed radar photo
2. Unable to specify the police specification (visible, hide, opposite side)
3. Unable to launch a SOS and so on
In fact, the types of available notices is so small.
In addition, you can’t find a gas station easily as in the app cause you don’t have any shortcuts options even after pressing on the search button in the upper part of the screen.
Waze should update their CarPlay Experience ASAP by replicating the interface in the phone on CarPlay, so, by adding more options, adding shortcuts (gas, parking, etc) and by adding a new feature to find the cheapest gas station on our way to our final destination.
Thank you and please act accordingly,
I cannot agree with you enough. Why Carplay option is different to begin with? Safety? Yeah right, like I'm driving the same way with phone and reporting stuff. Waze should definitely replicate exactly the same phone version.
Things that I can't stand in Carplay option:
- Inability to report hidden or visible police
- Inability to report road closures. This irritates the living s..t out of me. If there is a closure, you have to turn a different way and Waze rerouting you around the block to get back into the same route as before, then you trying to get away even further just to realize that Waze rerouting you through God knows what just to get on the original route, then you have to stop, unplug your phone, report closure, plug it back in and here we go. Definitely a 'SAFETY' feature...happened to me a couple of times...
- inability to choose the route you want to go when you search address through the Carplay screen.