Avoid traffic jams.
I often travel with 3 kids on long road trips. Always rather be moving than standing in place with screaming kids and I am SURE a lot of people would agree. I recently had a trip take 10+ hours instead of the original 7 because of completely predictable and avoidable traffic jams on highways. Clearly not there in the middle of the night when I depart but jams there every day since they are because of ongoing construction work on a lane. I kind of assumed waze already tried to help you avoid these but I guess I was wrong. Ran into 4 of them.
I need a setting to avoid jams appearing on my route with 2 extra parameters: max acceptable length of of a traffic jam (in minutes) and max percentage of remaining trip length added as a consequence of choosing an alternative route.
This could be via a notification showing you the jam estimated length and the cost of reroute.
Ex:
I enable the feature and chose a 10 minute max jam time and a 15% max time increase.
A notification appears telling me a new jam appeared on my current route. Jam seems 15 minutes long and the alternative route adds 1 hour to my route (10% of my total remaining trip time) and I gladly accept and am rerouted to leave the highway and rather keep moving that waiting in a standstill.
-
Adrià commented
I agree with Zsolt Jenei I currently drive on a particular highway three times a week, which sometimes has traffic jams. Now this highway is in a well populated area and there are two alternative older roads to go to my destination. I would like waze to divert me from my usual route as an excuse to drive on the other roads, even if it takes me a bit longer to get there.
And the idea seems simple too "avoid all trafic jams". If there is a traffic jam on the way, and it can be avoided, make me avoid it, even if it takes longer and in order to enjoy the drive more. Now I don't want to lose time either, so it should divert me just before the jam and put me back on the usual route (if possible) a couple of km after the jam.
Kind regards,
Adrià.