Waze sleeping mode shortcut for ios shortcuts
Could you please add settings in the waze to stop using GPS on the background or ios shortcut for sleeping mode?
I am using apple shortcut to start waze when I connect my phone to the bluetooth headset in my car. I am using navigation everytime I enter my car and looking for any way how to close waze, or stop location services - sleeping mode or any other solution to stop draining my battery. In apple shorcuts is no way to close app. There are several waze shortcuts but all of them is related to navigate somewhere, add point etc. No possiblity to close waze, or prevent using power consuming GPS locationing on the background.
So I every day when I am leaving the car I have to switch off or sleep the app manually.
-
Marco
commented
Dear Waze Support Team,
I’d like to bring to your attention what I consider to be an important missing feature in the Waze app: the ability to set up automations for Waze on the iPhone.
The app consumes a relatively large amount of battery power even when running in the background. Therefore, it would be great if Waze would finally provide better control over background operations.
Users should be able to decide for themselves whether Waze is allowed to remain active in the background or not. Alternatively, a built-in sleep mode that automatically activates as soon as the connection to Apple CarPlay is disconnected would be helpful.
This would allow Waze to reduce background activity and battery consumption without having to manually close the app every time. I would appreciate it if you could include this feature in a future version. Flexible control over background activity would significantly improve the user experience and reduce battery consumption.
Thank you very much for your feedback and for forwarding this feature request to the relevant product team.
Best regard,
Marco