Use this forum to vote on and add ideas to improve Waze.

Waze import bookmarks from Google Maps

3,066 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Davidson Cler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Joseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what's keeping me from using Waze. I have hundreds of hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and businesses I visit bookmarked on Google Maps. None of these are available in Waze, and should be.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also use Google maps on my desktop and Waze when driving (mainly for the traffic). Let's sync em up!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Access to Google search history would be great too (not sure this deserves its own suggestion).

I'd love to be able to take an destination on an email or link and be able to send it from my computer to the Waze app on my phone.

It would be very useful to have an overall better integration between Waze and Google map:
        - all labeled location from Google map imported to waze when signed in with the same login
        - an option to "send location to Waze on my phone" when checking an address on Google from my desktop
        - Waze and Google map history combined.

(I mainly use Google map on my desktop / ipad when checking locations / addresses and then use Waze when driving)

• Yoram Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

import KML file
        this is extremely usefull when planning a trip
        i still use IGO when im on trip
        this is so 2000 (-:

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this has come up before but is it (or will it) be possible to import a route mapped in say, Don't know if this has come up before but is there, or will there, be a way to import maps from apps like Google Maps, to Waze? I happen to use Google Maps to plan motorcycle road trips. I choose a start and end location, let Google Maps plot the directions, but then I modify the route to avoid things like highways or to just make the route longer.
        I use Waze as my GPS (gave my Garmin away). Though I don't interact with it when I'm riding, I do take advantage of things my felllow Wazers point out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base