Skip to content

Waze Suggestion Box

Welcome and thank you for your interest in improving Waze!
As you share your ideas, here are a few friendly reminders:
  • There’s power in numbers! Search through existing suggestions to see if there's someone else with a similar idea and upvote it.
  • You can build upon an idea -- simply comment below your fellow Wazer's submission.
  • This forum is intended for user feedback and ideas. If you have an issue which needs support, please visit our help center.
Terms and conditions
  • Any comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, or other information you provide to Waze (part of Google LLC) about Waze products and services (collectively “Feedback”) is not part of your personal data.
  • You agree not to disclose, in your Feedback, to Waze any information, such as third-party information, that you are obligated to maintain as confidential.
  • Waze has no obligation to use your Feedback.
  • By submitting your Feedback in this page, you acknowledge that you are of the minimum age required to provide data processing consent in the applicable country where you are located and that you provide permission to Waze, and its affiliates, to use your Feedback and any information that personally identifies you to improve Waze’s current and future products and services in accordance with Waze's Privacy Policy (waze.com/legal/privacy).
  • Please avoid providing any personal information in your Feedback.
  • Providing a name, when submitting Feedback, is optional. If you choose to provide your name, it will be publicly displayed in this forum next to your Feedback. You can delete your name and provide your Feedback as an anonymous user at any time.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

816 results found

1. Current speed yellow when approaching turn too fast

App displays speed colour to yellow on turns.

In Australia we have advice sign posts "yellow triangle" that suggest
    a comfortable speed for a corner (on corners that are closer to hair-pin than straight).

The route navigation current speed would show white (normal), yellow (over suggested speed) or Red (over legal speed limit)

Some possibilities:
    - Waze servers auto assign "suggested speed" value based an approximation of centripetal force that considered angle between two segment "points" and ignores slope.
    - Waze editor allows a road to have an assigned "suggested speed" based on road signage suggestions (which take into consideration…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reminder about roll transponders

We share an EZ pass between two cars, and sometimes have forgotten to switch it to the car we will drive on a route that has tolls. When we input a destination that requires tolls, how about if Waze were to ask “Do you gave your toll transponder with you?” It would be awesome. I bet this feature would be helpful to many people. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Speedvan

Adding Speedvan. Sometimes I drive and waze informs that the police are in front of me and there is sometimes a speedvan. Would be nice to have this option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the light of the bicycle lanjak case, where 8 people were killed, and driver being sentenced to 6 yrs jail, I wish to suggest that waze i

Please provide a feature to detect mat rempits and bicycle lanjaks, so that drivers receive early warnings , and decide alternative routes or take extra precautions. If Waze can now detect and report accidents and police presence a few km away along the route, why not do that for the above. It will save lives n unnecessary jail time for innocent drivers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Reminder feature disappear on time

Please make reminders on iPhone disappear on the top screen after a few seconds rather than staying permanently during driving. My iPhone reminder pops up a reminder of an event while I am driving and distracts my driving because it blocks the upper part of the Waze app and prevents me from seeing directions on turning out how many miles are left. The best would be for the iPhone reminder to just come up and disappear after a few seconds. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Police Alerts

I take a particular rote everyday and there is a police car stationed at the same spot everyday. I would like to see a feature where I can add a custom alert so that I am reminded of this whenever I am on this strech of road

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. זירוז הנהגים בצואר הבקבוק של פקק

לכל פקק יש צואר בקבוק שיוצר האטת נסיעה. זה יכול להיות תאונה,רכב תקוע,רמזור או כל דבר אחר. אורך הפקק הוא פונקציה של קצב המעבר בצואר הבקבוק.
    אני מציע שהווייז יודיע לנהג כשהוא מגיע לצואר הבקבוק ויעורר את תשומת לבו להישאר מרוכז,להיצמד לרכב שלפניו ככל שניתן ולעבור את צואר הבקבוק בזריזות. אם מצליחים להגדיל את קצב מעבר המכוניות בצואר הבקבוק,מקטינים את זמן ההמתנה בפקק.
    לדוגמה: רמזור שעוברים בו 10 מכוניות בממוצע בכל סבב, אם מצליחים באמצעות התראה לנהגים לגרום ל12 מכוניות להספיק לעבור בכל סבב,המשמעות היא הורדת זמן ההמתנה בפקק ב20%.
    נראה לי שזה יכול לתרום רבות למצב הפקקים.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Signal a portion of the map that a car which has a mother that is about to give birth will pass, so that drivers should be careful

For future parents, this could be of help.

They can open Waze and put in their license plate and signal that they are an urgent transport because a mother is about to give birth.
    And when they put the directions to the hospital, their route is highlighted on the map for every single Waze user.
    This way, drivers are being noticed and won't be surprised to see a speeding car.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rest Area

Rest area closed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Canada need Waze to verbally alert to speed camera approaching no matter if over the speed limit or not.

Have Waze ALWAYS verbally alert when approaching a speed camera no matter if the driver is over the speed limit or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Artificial intelligence cameras

North Carolina
    Highway patrol is utilizing artificial intelligence cameras. Drivers need to be warned about a quarter mile in advance We need to be able to tag these cameras on Waze

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Changes to speed and red light camera

Announce speed limit when showing speed camera like " Speed trap ahead limit 80km/hr " and add beeping sound when it is near for both the cameras

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vehicle on left or right type of vehicle

How about being able to add us a vehicle is on the right or left side of the direction you’re traveling, and also adding if it’s a car or truck?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Inform about traffic slow downs before the exit instead of after you passed an exit and the next one is in the slowdown or stopped traffi.

On my trip home from the eclipse I was notified just after passing an open exit that there was a traffic slowdown. I almost turned up the exit ramp, but decided that continuing would be safer NOT. NEXT time that happens I will most likely break that law.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Velocímetro

Acho que o velocímetro e a informação dos sinais de velocidade devia ser maior, para chamar mais atenção e ver melhor na aplicação do telemóvel. Obrigado pela atenção.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display all permanent hazards & speed bumps on a route

Currently the client only displays the first speed bump in an area on your route, with a warning 'speed bumps ahead'
    Please display all speed bumps/ permanent hazards as visual icons on the route whilst keeping the initial vocal warning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make "still there" foolproof!

Waze randomly asks "Still there?" or "Not there?" and the button to confirm or deny is equally randomly "Still there" or "Not there". This causes problems with wrong buttons being pressed by accident! All it needs to ask is "Still there?" (never "Not there") with two buttons YES and NO side by side under it. Those buttons should always be in the same place. Making the layout and the question exactly the same each time helps to avoid wrong button presses, and means drivers / passengers don't have to remove their focus from the road to work out exactly which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Indications regarding the police

I am very pleased about the alerts of the app, however there is one alert I would recommend to eliminate: proximity of police. It may be that with this alert we are providing very valuable information to criminals that will be very happy to avoid facing police officers, even avoiding police controls displayed to stop such criminals. In the same way these alerts provide a heads-up to drivers that may be driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, under excessive speed or with non appropriate vehicles. I do not endorse providing these alerts because of the mentioned shortfalls. Thank…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Home and Work location arrival notification

I think it would be great to be able to limit the number of "You have arrived!" notifications for your saved Home and Work locations.
    When I get home I receive at least 8 or more notifications while parking.
    Since these are saved locations we have entered, I'd like the option to limit to just 1 announcement for these 2 locations.
    Multiple announcements for one time or other location can remain the same.
    I think most users would agree that they know when they've arrived either home or work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alertas de radares e polícia

Deveria haver a opção de SEMPRE alertar radares, independentemente da velocidade, pois a velocidade apurada não é precisa, principalmente durante acelerações. Também deveria ser possível sinalizar radares, isso é benéfico, faz com que motoristas reduzam a velocidade. Sinalizar a polícia, porém, não é benéfico, faz com que bandidos e pessoas não habilitadas desviem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?